Reflection after World Diabetes Day

Monica_LTD's profile photo   12/10/2015 9:52 p.m.

Almost a month ago was the International Diabetes Day.A few days before we could see some mentions, not many, in the media (TV, written press, internet and radio) about diabetes.On the 14th we went to the different acts that were organized in different cities.

As I said almost a month ... and now what? !!!

I am very sorry and I am very fit to see how we are forgotten again, as diabetes is just a diabetic thing.

BECAUSE?

We see quite frequently and hear news about other "diseases", but diabetes, which has been called the 21st century pest falls into oblivion, is ignored, is never news.

I have been going around this for several days and I get to a few conclusions, but some jacket:

1st I think we are a group with little organization, there are many organizations that each one makes the war on their own.As an example, set as the AECC (Spanish Association against Cancer), the only national association fights for its associates.In this sense, the closest thing we have in the Diabetes Foundation whose result is very scarce (scholarships for camps to families that have no resources, and there are very few scholarships, and little more), it is more dare to saythat only serves as a labor accommodation for the 4 or 5 people who work in it and who are not even diabetic.

2nd We are a very little vindictive collective, we do not protect, we do not complain.In Spain we are a few million diabetics, does no politician see the possibility of capturing voters between our group offering us to improve our quality of life?

3rd They arise very few projects, of the type that are, related to diabetes and the few that arise as soon as they receive support (to ours I refer).

4º As a result of the little dissemination in information there is great ignorance about what is diabetes and that implies who has it.

5º Some informative projects and movements in social networks have emerged that are more the ego of those who believe them that really a dissemination project and to publicize diabetes.

Some more conclusion are .... But it is more of the same.

Well I just wanted to share with you what I have been thinking days.

If someone means something .....

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
12/10/2015 9:52 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

Totally agree with everything, especially with point two.It is very sad that from the beginning of the disease a brain washing is already made to the patient to "accept" his problem without protesting and without pretending to get a cure.Our wings cut us from the first minute.
I believe that you have to talk clearly, for example, when a super heroic athlete with diabetes comes out that says how much the technology that uses and how many times you need to control your glycemia, calculate HC rations to consume, insulin to inject ...The rest, who speak of what it is to live in this roller coat with a sword always on the head, etc ... please stop saying that your children or you are normal: you are people with a normalized life (in thebetter cases), which has nothing to do with a normal life.

I want to see the cure.I don't feel like it.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
12/11/2015 2:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,

Well, I agree, and I was just thinking the same thing the other day.Association against cancer, awareness with breast cancer, etc.The same is done with AIDS a few days.People know that those are terrible diseases, but not diabetes.We lack a powerful association at the national level.This is very difficult to claim, I do not believe that so much at the level of cure, but at the level of treatments (subsidize MCG, for example).

There are also no campaigns in the media (at least I do not see it) as with other diseases (not even the lacito of rigor).

What famous Spanish with diabetes do you know?Belén Esteban (and Pantoja now, which is type 2 and said it was wrong because it was very rebellious, it seems that if you are not rebel in diabetes, no problem had).Instead, many will sound to cancer, and that even if it seems to help.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
12/11/2015 4:54 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

Of that, the culprits are us.
The other day, for example, I went to a shopping center and gave me to look at what products were "special" for díbetic@s, because the truth, just none.
I requested to speak with some manager and I had no problems, I comment on what I had discovered and I also asked him because there were no more products without added sugar or simply without sugar, his answer was that since people do not demand those genres they neither do they either theThey ask.
I told him that today there are many diabetics and many of them are children, and that they have no gender so that a diabetic child can take.
He told me that it was true that he was right but that if those genres were not sued they could not ask for them.He also told me that they did not have special products for celiacs and that there was now a full hall, that was because people had sued that kind of gender.
Conclusion to which I arrived, make a suggestion in the mall itself indicating the same.
The next day, they called me from the mall and indicated that they were going to try to get some more special product for diabetics, but that they did not believe many since people did not demand these products and companies, they did not manufacture.
What must be done then ???
I think that if each one of us, sent an e-mail, to the different companies that are ± "toe", requesting those products, and also in the supermarkets, it would earn a lot when choosing what to buy, andThus, little by little, step by step, e-mail to e-mail, go where you can (among it, to the association that is now,) to send the complaints, concerns, etc ... andHelp them to be heard and to be treated with dignity and the material that is needed is supplied free of charge to all of the necessary amount.
And if you have to do writings, claims or whatever before the OCU or before the S.S.They are made, but all possible.
It would be a good idea, saying each one where he sends and who asks to make strength in it and gradually get what we deserve, quality of life.
All the best.

LAZALOP's profile photo
LAZALOP
12/11/2015 5:09 p.m.

I called 900 500 103 which is Mercadona's customer service phone to ask that they manufacture liquid yogurts and natural soybean yogurts of the landowner without sugar (because I do not like sugar).But that is a bullshit, with forgiveness.And the continuous meters is to settle.If even we are not able to believe in the cure and fight for the cure, turn off and let's go.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
12/11/2015 6:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.