Aming myself blind?

Yuyette's profile photo   12/12/2015 2:02 a.m.

Hello, I am 21 years old and diabetes for 11 years.The last five years My control of type 1 diabetes has been an lack of control, my glycosylated hemogoblina has not lowered from 8.Cry I don't know if it's suggestion from what I have read on the Internet.In March I had my last view and everything was fine but now I am very scared because it has been hurting all day and the pain is removed with ibuprrophen but I have read that it may be that I begin to lose sight.Until March I don't have to go to the doctor and I can't tell my parents because they would be very scared to tell me how I can do to stop this because I am terrified from Verdsd.

Yuyette's profile photo
Yuyette
12/12/2015 2:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Yuyette,

My recommendation is that if it has been something so sudden you go to the Emergencies and comment on the case, and it is nothing or something can get you out of doubt and act quickly if it is the case.Do not wait until March.I personally believe that commenting these things to parents is good, because they give us support and good advice of what to do.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
12/12/2015 3:37 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

Can it be a migraine?I spend like this.Until the pain became so intense that neither ibuprofen nor anything.Once the migraine has passed, everything returned to normal, including glycemia.
And I'm with @Davidt1, you should talk to your parents

jmanhuer's profile photo
jmanhuer
12/12/2015 7:50 a.m.

Diabético tipo 1 , desde los 15 años. Lantus & humalog

To talk or not with your parents is something very personal, but you should go to the doctor and so you go out of doubt.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/12/2015 9:23 a.m.

I suffer from continuous migraines, and almost always in the area of ​​the right side, it happens to me like you @yuyette, with the only difference that does not happen to me, disappears alone, just three days after starting.I lose vision just before starting with pain, and I recover it at the same time that pain begins, it is what is called aura, and it is a warning that a migraine arrives from the important ones, the lights bother a lot, they can comeAccompanied by nausea, vomiting ..... I do not know if your symptoms are these, but it turns out to be a quiet migraine, so you will not lose vision.But how you really don't know what you should go to the doctor, as you have told you before.
Regarding the telling your parents, as a mother I recommend that you do it, as a daughter I understand you.As a mother, of course your parents will worry, but they will want to know and can help you ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/12/2015 9:56 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

As you have told you, it looks all dw to be a migraine, if what hurts you is the head.
They will see the doctor, who will give you a treatment.
And tell us why you wear so much lack of control, to see if we can help you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/12/2015 12:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you carry bad control, at least see the ophthalmologist every 6 months to do a background test, so you will know if you have a deteriorated view or not.

You are already older and if you don't worry about you, nobody can do it.And lying to your parents is lying to yourself.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/12/2015 3:14 p.m.

Today has not hurt all day and I am calmer thank you very much for the help !!!

Yuyette's profile photo
Yuyette
12/12/2015 10:33 p.m.

Hi Yuyette,
Don't worry!
The diabetic retinopathy is presented as artificial lights in the eye.That told me that they see the patients suffering from the poor this disease.
But, if you can visit the ophthalmologo to stay calm, it is not a bad idea.

mirleft's profile photo
mirleft
12/13/2015 7:32 p.m.

Go to the GP, you ask for the appointment and your parents do not have to find out and he will see what it can be or if he has to derive.You don't have to wait for reviews.

But if it uses you something, what accounts is very much, especially when I am a lot with the computer, mobile or studying.It is because I have a little myopia, farsightedness or something about those, I don't know what it is but it is so little that I do not use or glasses, although they made me a at my request because when I am full with the oppositions or I have to work for so many hoursWith the computer I end up dead, my head hurts a lot and they give me sharp near the eye.The only thing that relieves me is an aspirin and rest.It can be for that or migraines, it does not mean at all that you have to be blind.

Anyway, I recommend you again to appoint the doctor that the same is a thing like mine and you are calm at all, if some glasses when you are with the computer or with the papers a long time and relieves quite sight and notThey usually appear so often.When I have the day complicated and my head hurts sometimes even several days.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
12/25/2015 12:22 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Hello, I'm new to this forum.I am an ophthalmologist, recently retired and I have worked the last 25 years of my professional life with diabetic patients.What happens to you, does not seem to be at all, related to diabetes.As noted in this forum, it is most likely that it is a migraine, without too much importance, although if you persist, it would be convenient for you to see your doctor to treat you.
On the other hand, someone has mentioned here that diabetic retinopathy is manifested "as artificial lights in the eye."Not at all.Diabetic retinopathy (RD) is a disease that does not provide any symptoms until it affects the macula that is the most perfected, sensitive part, of the retina, and where the vision lies.It is a very small area, which occupies the central part of the retina and measures only 5 millimeters in diameter.Taking into account that the retina upholstered the entire interior of the eye, you can get an idea.The rest of the retina serves for the perception of the visual field, but not to see.In fact, someone who has the injured macula would be lucky if he retained 5% of the normal vision.
I say all this to understand that it is feasible for a patient
For this reason, you do not expect to feel something in the vision to go to the ophthalmologist.He will advise you when to go to review, which will be more frequent based on your metabolic control that should always be measured by glycosylated hemoglobin, and never by hair glycemia that provides very little information.Maintaining acceptable control and treating retinopathy without letting you reach very serious stages, you can be calm

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
12/27/2015 8:41 p.m.

Thank you very much for the explanation @Oftalmologo

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/27/2015 9:14 p.m.

Thank you very much,@ophthalmologo, and welcome to the forum.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/28/2015 2:32 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Oftalmologo thank you very much for your time and welcome.Hopefully you from time to time through the forum and we put a hand and learn from you.Thanks again

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/28/2015 8:48 p.m.

I am at your disposal to clarify all the doubts that I can clarify

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
12/29/2015 1:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.