Do you think a person may have been diabetic for a lifetime and not know?

Ramón2's profile photo   12/18/2015 11:10 p.m.

A short time ago I found some analysis at my mother's house when I was about 7 years old, and I saw the glucose and had it in 122.
My question is whether a person has been able to move a few high, but not having problems.About 10 years ago, also in an analytics they took me 118, but the doctor like that it happened a little and only told me to be careful, but did not make me more evidence.
And now that the first took me 121, if the doctor had not given importance, nor did I know it was diabetic.
In analytics of these past years if it gave me inside the margin, in 82 and 93.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/18/2015 11:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Type 2 There are many people who are and do not know.Especially in countries in South America there is a barbarity of people like that.Find news with statistics because it is chilling.

In type 1 it does not happen because or you end up in the hospital or you end up dying, by not being able to get any energy from what you eat.

But you can be type 2 and have a resistance/lack of insulin that is not too evident to the naked eye even if you are shitting inside.And it is also usually worse.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/18/2015 11:24 p.m.

Apart from what @artories says, it is that until a few years ago the limit was in 120, with which a person with 118 did not attract attention and if he has been with those values ​​or a little more he has not noticed anything weird.In fact, many types 1 move in hemoglbinWithout complications

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/19/2015 12:55 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

When they took me 118, I was already in 110 the maximum, the strange thing is that then the doctor let him be, they also take me in neurology and the neurolgo only told me that I was careful what I ate, but I could have controlled me about this orderive to the endocrine.
I also asked, because a few years ago in a routine review of the view, they saw me a hole in the retina of one eye and had to "sew" with Laser and that makes me suspect that at least I have been diabetes for at least for a long time.And above small with 7 years 122, it was for me to have studied.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/19/2015 10:47 p.m.

They have me right now without treatment or anything and everything has come out for a routine analytical that I made this year, because the previous year they gave me values ​​above 110 and below 120 and they did not give importance, they told me that Iwill take care of and that's it.

Right now, for example, on an empty stomach, I'm still in those values ​​between 110-120 almost every day.I can ever be a little higher than 120 and even 126 but it is not usually normal.Today to 118 to give an example ... I believe that I still live without knowing it and the same in a few years would have been aware because the symptoms would have appeared, but until today, I could have continued to live in ignorance completely.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
12/25/2015 12:13 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.