I want to do sports

Andresito's profile photo   12/21/2015 7:22 p.m.

Hello, I am 18 years old and I was diagnosed with diabetes 6 months ago and uff, the truth is a world all this for me, but well, little by little we are going.The point was that I was always sedentary, and I want to play sports but with this diabetes (type 1).What do I have to take into account when doing a physical activity?

Andresito's profile photo
Andresito
12/21/2015 7:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

VERY GOOD!!!!!!!Say yes !!!!!!
The main thing that you have to keep in mind is to see how your glucose is behaving with the sport, wearing the glycometer always on top and some gel or isotonic drink.
You should not allow diabetes to ever stop you and it doesn't happen to you like someone I know very well.If you start now you will see how far you will come, as much or more than a non -diabetic, because you will take care of you as an ultraman always.Start little by little without crazy to control you well.
Keep in mind if the sport you do is from musculation gym, running, indoor cycle, MTB or race bike, as if it is walking, each sport caused a different effect on your glucose.
What kind of sport have you thought?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/21/2015 8:39 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Andresito, who does not stop having diabetes, has to serve as an inception, not an excuse not to exercise.

If you put sports in the search engine you will see a lot of threads on the subject, but for example I put this one:
Link
You can get off a PDF that will help you to take good knowledge that taking into account and practical cases depending on the sport you are going to do.

If you know English there is a very good book that is this

Link

It is much more complete than the one in Spain, but of course, it is in English

The important thing is that you do a sport that you like, which are you thinking of practicing?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/21/2015 8:56 p.m.

And the truth was always very sedentary and to eat very badly, at any time, anything, saute me foods, in short, a disaster.And well, diabetes is a good excuse to start eating healthy and doing physical exercise?hahaha

I thought about running 1 hour per day or riding a bike, that would be ideal.And play football but that occasionally, not as something routine.

Joseludi, I was just seeing that PDF.

Andresito's profile photo
Andresito
12/21/2015 9:20 p.m.

Andresito said:
And the truth was always very sedentary and eating very badly, at any time, anything, skip me foods, in short, a disaster.And well, diabetes is a good excuse to start eating healthy and doing physical exercise?hahaha

I thought about running 1 hour per day or riding a bike, that would be ideal.And play football but that occasionally, not as something routine.

Joseludi, I was just seeing that pdf.

Well, running and bike as aerobic sports, I think they are the most indicated.Musculation and sports of very intense and brief stress tend to cause hyperglycemia and have to combine them with some aerobic to counteract.

If you dare to run, you see little by little, every time for longer than the speed and rhythm they will go out over time.Try to run by land instead of asphalt and look for good footwear.In the sneakers do not spare money, in clothing it does not matter

DiabetesForo
12/21/2015 11:30 p.m.

I usually bike and elliptical, I sign up for a gym that seems that if you pay you force yourself to go, because with how vague I am to go on my own I was not going to work out, hehehe ....

Tb some arms, but little, the important thing is aerobic exercise.

Above all, keep in mind that you must carry some candy, and to prevent it carries cookies, I do about 35 minutes of exercise and I eat two cookies at the end, and at two hours of doing the exercise, it commits something else, because the exercise lowers blood glucoseFor a few hours after doing so.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/22/2015 9:52 a.m.

@Andresito, whatever, the important thing is to start and continue independently of the results, so much encouragement !!!!
Here you will find a lot of people that will motivate you.
My daughter was also diagnosed 6 months ago, she is 13 years old, and she practices athletics since 7, and continues with it even more desire, because every exit now more important than before and her family excites us much more than before.As you have told you, control yourself before starting, then, and if you can also in the middle ..... my daughter in their training and competitions always carries glucose and an identifying bracelet.In the case of my daughter if at the beginning it is about 280, you must wait for her to lower her and if she is over 90 she must take a hydrate to raise her a little.
Be careful with hypos, you just end up well, but in a few hours you can give you a hiccup.And if on the contrary you finish high, do not worry, it is the effect of sport, little by little it will go down.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/22/2015 10:05 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

In this article I would like to consult you.My diagnosed son almost three months ago, I practiced water polo.Have you continued to practice it (with a lot of fear on our part) but intermittently, has you been cold, holidays etc ... Is this sport good?The last day he went to training gave him a descent and had to leave the pool (it was the first time), now he has mismatches, ups, descents ... and we don't know what to do.What do you think?

Juanmaroru's profile photo
Juanmaroru
12/28/2015 9:42 p.m.

With colds it may be that glucose is outsourced, not always and not all.Sport is good, but it is also true that much more exhaustive control must be carried out with more continuous controls.For me the sport is vital for the best control of glucose and diseases that can facilitate diabetes, from blood circulation, cholesterol ....., but as always there are opinions for all.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/28/2015 10:17 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Ideas: that eats slow absorption hydrates, such as cookies, before starting sports.I always get 3 Galicians (these: Link just before running an hour.
It can take water with sugar or some energy sugary drink and throw a swallow from time to time.
It is good to have glucose gels such as glucup ( Link If you notice low symptoms, they rise very fast, or failing that cocacola also uploads very quickly.

You have to do a lot of proof and error to know how your body reacts with the exercise, and act accordingly.For that there is no other than measurements before, then and even during.

Try everything possible and that the endocrine or educating nurses guide you, before taking away a hobby that will surely be very important for him.

There is nothing that a type 1 diabetic cannot do, there are many things that are more difficult for us, but we just have to learn how to do them.(Phrase to frame hehe)

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/28/2015 10:46 p.m.

Juanmaru said:
in collation of this article I would like to consult you.My diagnosed son almost three months ago, I practiced water polo.Have you continued to practice it (with a lot of fear on our part) but intermittently, has you been cold, holidays etc ... Is this sport good?The last day he went to training gave him a descent and had to leave the pool (it was the first time), now he has mismatches, ups, descents ... and we don't know what to do.What do you think?

The first thing would be for you to consult with the endocrine and give you the guidelines to take into account: hydrates and insulin reduction.

Having expectation of doing sports at a few hours seen: reduce slow and/or fast insulin, increase hydrates

After sport: reduce something the insulin of later food and make extra contributions of hydrates.

During exercise: have fast hydrates (gels such as glucup, energy up, etc.) and if slow hydrates will also last quite a lot.

In the end, as each one is from our father and our mother, it is best to experience and do test-error-prueba-exito.Although as you will check the same thing the same works.There we depend on how we find ourselves, as we have had active the day, the stress, on the position of the stars, what the horoscope tells you, etc :))

DiabetesForo
12/29/2015 6:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.