{'en': 'Hematomas or purple when putting insulin?', 'es': '¿Hematomas o morados al poner la Insulina?'} Image

Hematomas or purple when putting insulin?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/12/2016 7:57 p.m.

Good I would like to ask,

I have been in my belly for a few months as I put the quick insulin as my doctor indicated, I get purple, that is, it leaves as a mark of having punctured (hematoma) I do not know if it will be for the needles or other reason ...

I put it on my thighs as my doctor indicated and they do not leave a sign but in the belly if and it is a roll now that beach time begins to go everything marked.

Has anyone happened to you?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/12/2016 7:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

M passes when I take a capillary.Do you always put the fast in the gut?You can put it on thighs, arms and ass too.In the gut I put it alone at breakfast and when I have high glycemia because the effect is faster.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/12/2016 8:05 p.m.

@antonimar yes to me also happens to me, I have the belly as with small bruises that last days.

DiabetesForo
06/12/2016 8:06 p.m.

I usually use abdomen and gluteus.In my arms they told me years ago that I no longer did, according to the new protocols it was no longer a click area, then it turns out that if.To what I was going, as they indicate only hematoma when you click on capillary.Although the quality of the needle also counts, as well as the sensitivity of the skin of each puncture technique, etc ...

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/12/2016 10:05 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I am full of bruises.Legs, abdomen and buttocks.In my arms I get less, it must be the tougher skin or I have more fat.
I use children's needles but I get the same.
Once in my leg it hurt so much that I almost did not go, sometimes I think you skewer nerves because how it hurts!

I always put it on the buttocks or legs and fast in the abdomen except when I go out that I use the arms in case they take in the restaurant.I have proven that in the arms it takes an hour or so to start acting.

Try to give you trumobocid in the bruises, they are removed before.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/13/2016 10:33 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you, I had thought it could be when changing needles used to use number 6 and now they gave me 5, but I see that they also come out, by the way in my arms I have never punctured you to the area where we have the arm muscle??Not in the part where the clock is usually carried?

DiabetesForo
06/13/2016 3:53 p.m.

On the back of the arm, where the fat is for insulin to dissolve.From the elbow.The flap that remains to non -athletes.:))

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/13/2016 3:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Yes because if you click right on the triceps muscle will give you a kind of electric shock that is not very pleasant ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/13/2016 6:22 p.m.

And it does not happen to you that sometimes it hurts a lot when you wear a lot?Sometimes it happens to me with the slow one that I wear 18 units, and if I go very fast for the rush to wear it, even after taking off my needle, I still hurt Mogollón.But yes, Moratones also get out from time to time, I no longer tryMoratones there.I have some old holiday photos with the eternal memory of Moratones in my arms that I don't want to repeat again: P

valky's profile photo
valky
06/19/2016 11:51 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

@Vaky hurts me with low doses too.I stay the sore zone hours.
Yesterday I put my 6 of the leg in my leg and it still hurts if I pass my hand even if I don't have Moratón.I have the feeling of having the skin paved, it is nonsense but it is what I feel.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/21/2016 12:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I'm full of bruises.Legs, abdomen and buttocks.... I use children's needles but I get the same ...

@Ruthbia a while ago we commented on the types of needle, and it does not always turn out that smaller ones are better, I think that in your case that is happening to you ... I leave here link to read it!;)

Link

Here several topics that explain experiences and recommendations with the use of different measures and types of needles: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/21/2016 1:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer Thank you.
Use of 6 mm because they were not 8mm, today I have an appointment to see what size they give me.It is not the one I want, it is the one that the center has.

The last 8mm were so bad in quality that the needle folded when removed from the skin.I guess there is a minimum titanium micrage that is demanded ... but "so minimal" that they are garbage.
Like the lancetas ... the BD blue are great and the dwellings of not that brand do much more damage, I even hurt my finger two or three days.If it weren't because the free is not to trust sometimes .... would go from the lancetas.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/21/2016 1:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia to see if they can give you 8mm, even if it is to try, I was using 6mm for a while and a picture was made !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/21/2016 2:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks Fer

DiabetesForo
06/27/2016 4:37 p.m.

Hello
I use 5 mm.As Ruthiba says, they are not the ones who want one, but those that give in the health center.
Hematomas sometimes yes, sometimes not;Like pain, there are days that I do not find out, and days that hurts a lot (and is related to the time of the menstrual cycle; if there are more factors that influence, I do not know).
I put it in the belly, and slow on my thighs.I get more bruises in the belly.Especially the last two weeks.
Ah! And my doses are low.In the end, the issue of pain is a matter of the degrees of sensitivity and body warning.Because if I puncture with the same types of needle and a few days it hurts and others do not, and different people feel different sensations ... the pain is very subjective.

luvi said:
I usually use abdomen and gluteus.In my arms they told me years ago that I no longer did, according to the new protocols it was no longer a click area, then it turns out that if.

ruthbia said:

I always put it on the buttocks or legs and fast in the abdomen except when I go out that I use the arms in case they take in the restaurant.I have proven that in the arms it takes an hour more or less to start acting.

How do you click on gluteos?Can you do it alone?And that perhaps for slow insulin, because I think is where it takes longer to be absorbed and the rapid does not go well, it seems to me.
And the arms ... you have to have a fat to do it ... I am very skinny.And, in addition, it gives me repelús, something tells me not to try it.On the other hand, the same as in the buttocks, can you do it alone?

:-)

imara's profile photo
imara
07/04/2016 1:21 p.m.

@imara, because in the buttock it is easy with a mirror in front but it also makes it hematoma, the advantage is that they are not seen and now in summer on the legs it is horrible.
You can also click on the slow sides.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/04/2016 4:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@imara, because in the buttock it is easy with a mirror in front but it also makes it bruise, the advantage is that they do not look and now in summer on the legs it is horrible.
You can also click on the slow sides.

I am going to look for a drawing out there that I grably point the buttocks area ... and I will see.Anyway, I was looking for an alternative to the belly, and it seems to me that the buttocks is only a good alternative if you want to take effect, because I have read that where it is faster it is absorbed is in the belly, and where slowly inThe buttocks.Do you also click on different sites in the belly?Do you have "controlled" differences of times and effects on glycemia?

imara's profile photo
imara
07/05/2016 3:40 p.m.

I all for my thighs ... since I fainted by clicking on my tenth day of starting to prick ... but I haven't been diagnosed for two years and I am already 36 years old!According to where I skewer, I die of pain and then I take it out and click on the other side ... it is better to continue where it hurts and leaves less marks where they do not hurt (I think eh) and sometimes even if it does not hurt to bleed much!I think that the only thing that can be done is to tighten after clicking like when they get blood ... also that you have to pinch very well without taking muscle because it can give you capable hypoglycemia (how do you click your arms ?? I always
I ask how I could do it and I don't see it clear) ...

And forgive, it's that I am new and I'm sad these days and I wanted to know more people like me ... I'm in fact

Thank you all

PS: that the thighs are fine with some small cardinal sometimes ... but I think it is the most robust site or something :) but I have been clicking less than two years ... Ayyyy

Menchuches's profile photo
Menchuches
10/18/2021 10:59 p.m.

@Menchuche in your legs you die of pain always because they are hard;Blood and bruises come out.I rarely, but I rarely use them.

In the abdomen it hurts a lot around the navel, they recommend separate two fingers from the navel and start clicking from there making a mesh to rotate and not necrose the area.
I personally use the waist sides and arms sometime;In the area where we put the mobile to do sports for the fast.
The basal always put it in the buttock as when I put vaccines the girl's practitioner :) I rotate according to where he has the sensor so that the values ​​are not affected.

Cheer up a woman that there is no evil that lasts 100 years or body that supports it.There are always ups and downs but in the end compensates every day we spend friends, family, couple, children ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/19/2021 12:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ayyyyy I don't see anything clear !!But I will have to test, total I have a lifetime!THANK YOU!

Menchuches's profile photo
Menchuches
10/19/2021 12:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.