Having diabetes means having a bad immune system?

Andresito's profile photo   06/12/2016 9:10 p.m.

It was always said that having diabetes means having an immune system not as good as non -diabetic and even that we will be more likely to have auto immune diseases but some also say that diabetes has to do with a gene in which theCeliacía and a disease that I don't remember what it is.How true is this that the immune system of the diabetic is worse than that of a non -diabetic person?

Andresito's profile photo
Andresito
06/12/2016 9:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No idea.
They put us in risk groups but I do not see the need to vaccinate myself against the flu, for example, if I have never done it before.

In my case, my immune system is spectacular compared to what I had before debuting when neutropenia detected although I never got sick of anything, I have never had flu for example.So I don't see the relationship much although there are studies that say them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/13/2016 4:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

There are autoimmune diseases that are related, but genetic studies are not yet so developed yet to predict it.Within genes there may be many variations.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/13/2016 4:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think the problem is not that we have a bad immune system, I personally have a hard time getting sick.
The problem is that our own immune system attacks us the beta cells of the pancreas and leaves us without them.
But in front of external agents our immune system protects us.

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
06/15/2016 12:34 a.m.

Well, my body seems to say "autoimmune diseases, come to me" :(
Years ago they are controlling me some nodules in my neck that are growing and always put me in my medical history of chronic thyroiditis.Now they have told me that surely they will have to remove them and that with it surely the thyroid, so Ale, another pastillite for life.They say that thyroid is also an autoimmine disease.
Let's not forget, DM1 will soon do 12 years.
And if that were not enough, they have recently confirmed that I also have another autoimmune disease, at my 42 years, I also have multiple x_x sclerosis is like starting over diabetes.A new, unknown, chronic disease, without a cure, learning again, re -investigating, days of emotional downturn above all, days of continuous struggle ... also say that treatment is an injection.If I already click 4 times a day (3 quickly and one of slow) now, it will be one more :( I do not know what the future will hold with my immune system, but I am clear that until this does not evolve or degenerate, you have toKeep getting up every day and trying to do what you like and live day by day, and that after a bad one, surely the next day looks different.

valky's profile photo
valky
06/19/2016 11:39 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

@Valky, a lot of encouragement, what are there new treatments now, how are you doing with the toujeo?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/20/2016 12:18 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Before I used the lantus and since I did not reach 24h I click the Lantus twice.Now with the toujeo that is supposed to reach 48 h, I can prick only once the lantus.Come on, now that I save a slow puncture, I will have to wear another for my new "friend" (sclerosis).But yes, thanks Toujeo :) and thanks @regina;)

valky's profile photo
valky
06/20/2016 12:26 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Much encouragement @valky !!.I am also in the club of more than one autoimmune.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/20/2016 12:50 a.m.

And this is why we need more research on the immune system and how to "fix it", than for many devices and insulins, the root of our problems is our immune system that considers enemy things that should not.The danger of developing other autoimmune will always fly over us.

Much encouragement @values

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/20/2016 12:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.