Bad forecasts

YahirMalik's profile photo   06/14/2016 8:05 a.m.

Hello, I am from Mexico (I hope there is no problem with it) and well, I am 19 years old, in a few days they will do the test to determine if I have diabetes, the probability of suffering it is 97% with everything and probability of inheritance.
I am resigned to accepting this condition, but to be sincere, despite everything I am afraid: it is something new for me and I do not know how to react or what to think about this.I wonder if this somehow threatens my fragile plans in the future or will prevent me from enjoying certain things even being young.Some years ago I passed through a quite strong but overcome depressive episode, I would not like this to somehow influence my return in that mood.I would like some of you to share experiences of when you were diagnosed or your first steps inside diabetes, how do this emotionally lead to?Any advice for my beginning in this?I would like to understand what I am facing and I would like to feel very alone on this path.

Thanks in advance for reading me.Greetings!

YahirMalik's profile photo
YahirMalik
06/14/2016 8:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Yahirmalik above all welcome to the forum, here you will find a lot of information and above all useful, reliable and first hand for being people with yourself.Forgive me but I answer what you ask, I am the least suitable for it and for what you say, I would not do any good.But quiet, luckily for you, there are many people here, that the opposite will transmit to you and I think they are the ones that may do well.Greetings and welcome to the forum.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/14/2016 8:45 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Yahirmalik well come to the forum, well as advice I could tell you that everything depends on how you take it, there are people who know that they have lived with diabetes many years and performing a relatively normal life, they study, work, do sports, etc. andThere are others who do not carry it well, the disease is the same, the state of encouragement and the way of seeing it is free.
all the best

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/14/2016 10:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Yahirmalik welcome to the forum.Cheerleader that the world does not end.
Regarding your questions:
- How are this emotionally?I didn't believe it.It was like when you do a temporary treatment.With the days you are assuming and transforms into routine.
It is complicated to go out with friends for glasses and food;The obligation to exercise, go on vacation, etc.But at 3 months I stopped and said: Enough now!I have to live.And adapt diabetes to my life.

Any advice for my beginning in this?Eat more or less at the same hours for your body to have a routine and exercise.The more you move, the less insulin you will need and you can give yourself some whim (chocolate piece, ice cream, sweet ...)
Keep with your life: salt with friends, girls, beach, vacation, study, work .... Diabetes will not prevent you from doing whatever you want.

I would like to understand what I am facing and I would like not to feel very alone on this path.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/14/2016 12:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.