Withdrawal reactive strips One Touch Verio, difference between glucometers, has someone happened to someone?

nigiri's profile photo   06/16/2016 8:24 p.m.

Hello everyone, I come from the health center and with considerable anger.I have gone to collect my reactive strips and what has been my surprise when they have told me that I no longer supplied them and that I had to change the meter.

They have given me the One Touch Select Plus.When I got home, I have measured the glucose with both glucometers and with the Verio was 165 and with the new 139, I find the truth a lot of difference, apart with the new I need twice as much blood, it takes longer, it looks older because noIt has light or color on the screen, it goes with batteries instead of battery like the other ....

Has this happened to any or similar?Tomorrow I'm going to call One Touch.

The nurse has told me that it is very likely because the other strips are more expensive ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/16/2016 8:24 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hi @nigiri,

In my experience, I will tell you that using the Dexcom, you have to calibrate it every time you put a new patch, and for that you have to measure yourself twice in a row, well, with the meter, sometimes the numbers come out very similar, and sometimes they come outDifferences of 10 and 20 units, which is quite normal, in fact, I will look for a topic in the forum where it is explained that this is normal, is part of the margin of error that the meters have and is accepted like this.

Then I put the link to the subject.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/17/2016 5:59 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Here are the links:

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/17/2016 6:02 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

That has told me in the laboratory and they have also told me that what they have told me in my health center is false that they have not stopped supplying reactive strips so that next week I will see what explanation they give me.Thank you.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/17/2016 8:02 p.m.

Anyway I am considering buying the Dexcom but I do not know if waiting after the summer, with the heat, the pool water, the beach etc. I do not see very clear the issue of wearing a sensor in the arm @fer

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/17/2016 8:07 p.m.

They have given me the One Touch Select Plus.When I got home, I have measured the glucose with both glucometers and with the Verio was 165 and with the new 139, I find the truth a lot of difference, apart with the new I need twice as much blood, it takes longer, it looks older because noIt has light or color on the screen, it goes with batteries instead of battery like the other ....

The nurse has told me that it is very likely because the other strips are more expensive ...

jack's profile photo
jack
11/17/2016 10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I was wrong, Nigiri is the same thing with that brand of reactive strips I had very large hyperglycemia and I began to get out of control, one day I decided to make two reactive strips with an interval of difference of two minutes, which was my surprise that in one gave toThe best 145 and in the other 225, I put a claim in the health center and then in the Ministry of Health,

jack's profile photo
jack
11/17/2016 10:03 p.m.

They gave me the straps of the Verio without problem the next time I went but now as I carry the freestyle, a box of strips lasts a lot of time @jack

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/17/2016 10:06 p.m.

I now use the True results and I'm quite happy

jack's profile photo
jack
11/17/2016 10:09 p.m.

Hello!I don't know since when I have the subject because I don't get date, but I take advantage and ask here for not opening another.They have given me a new glucometer at the Health Center, because they are going to withdraw the Glucocard G Enter, which I have for many years.The one they have given me is the One Touch Select Plus, and wanted to know your opinion about him, how is it and if it is reliable.The glucocard the truth that gives me quite different figures, and I use many strips to check.Let's see if you can tell me something if you know.
Thank you!

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
08/24/2019 3:39 p.m.

nigiri said:
hello to all, I come from the health center and with considerable anger.I have gone to collect my reactive strips and what has been my surprise when they have told me that I no longer supplied them and that I had to change the meter.

Go to a pharmacy and give you one ... you can ask for it for free, my glycometer spoked my

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
08/24/2019 4:21 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Hello.My experience is as follows.I have had differences in readings in well -marked glucometers.In one it has given me a 189 and in another 111. Both are of the same brand.
What can cause those readings?I have analyzed some alternatives.
1. contaminated sample,
2. Broaddled glucometers
3. Damaged pulls

What I do?
1. Fall calibration test.Very few people use or know that there is a reagent to calibrate the equipment.
2. After calibration where both glucometers mark the same value or close I make another sampling
3. He used the lowest reading as an official reading.Because?

Because if I get carried away by high reading and I apply medication I can enter a hiccup.

I have 2
Glucometers of the same brand.In this way the strips are the same and therefore the readings are under the same parameters and conditions.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
08/25/2019 11:46 p.m.

It is true that the One Touch Verio IQ glucometer stopped manufacturing it (the house confirmed it) but the strips serve others that have taken as the One Touch Verio Flex or One Touch Verio Reflect, I have the first one that I have named and although II liked more for the color screen with light and the charger in light as you say, both have Bluetooth that passes the data to the mobile to the One Touch app and you see a lot of information from your glycemia and graphics.And the reactive strips are exactly the same as I used, the most finished gold in the blood 😉

sil's profile photo
sil
08/26/2019 12:54 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.