Sugar for cycling

Alemany's profile photo   06/21/2016 5:15 p.m.

Hello again.I introduced myself will make years old, when I debuted.Now, some doubts arise.One of them is that every time I go out with the bike, I get home with quite low levels.If I do an hour there is no problem.But when I do more, and I like to make routes and turns that take me two hours, I get home with about 70 glycemia.That having drunk during the physical activity Aquarius, eaten chucheías, energy bar .... and I arrive with 70. I would like you to advise me a product to easily upload sugar while practicing cycling.Because I would like to go further and more time on the bike.But I find it impossible.Thank you.I tried a diabalance product.That you mixed with glucose dust in water.But and identical to Aquiarius.He has been or several tests and the results behind the routes are the same.70 When he got home.

Alemany's profile photo
Alemany
06/21/2016 5:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @alemany, this is what is doing well to me.
The best banana, but halfway, if you take a blow and it is not high intensity cycling possibly cause a good peak (I have come to take only 3 units on 3 hours.And take some sandwich.And isotonic drink (I carry 4 bottles I wear 2 water and 2 isotonic).
Bars prove the ones that upload you well, they do not upload the same even if it puts the same in the characteristics, to my particularly the isostar, in the average of HC that they carry like the others, they upload more.There are also bars with more HC but I do not advise them or that you eat them little by little.
Try to leave between 140 and 150 and do not have active insulin in the body that is not from the basal.
He also thinks that when you take something but it is a pure glucose gel will take effect.In addition, when you do sports, the leg muscles work more and those of the stomach work less, and when you just start working for what it may be that then when you finish you can have some climb if it is a time exercise.
What I have told you is what is going well for me, do not hesitate to ask, you know that we are a world.
Well, I also carry Gummy candies are the ones that have the most HC (and the highest percentage in sugars), 4 units say they are 2 rations but we would tell you that they are less for how the glucose rises, but they are rich and it is time to take advantage of hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/21/2016 6:44 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Alemany As well, @jconegar the banana is going very well and the isostar bars and the isostar in powders mixed with water to me are doing very well.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/21/2016 7:43 p.m.

What do you consider high intensity cycling?I am a cyclist for a walk, I recognize it, and I only go once a week, and I will do about 20-30 km, and of course the banana for nothing hits me immediately, it takes me a lot to go up.Moreover, one day I took it a walk and the same thing took me a long time to go up.I bike a zumito, bars and sugar porsia, ahh and some dry fruit if I have too.And as I say I do not make me to top, but I always lower me, during and especially, at the immediate hours it keeps going down.
In the dexcom, what exercise would you mark as light, moderate or intense?A 3 -hour walk could be moderate?2 hours by bike can be intense?What would be light?

valky's profile photo
valky
06/22/2016 12:17 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

With aerobic and programmed exercise, it is advisable:
- Measure glucose early (if we are going to practice it in the morning) or before eating (if we are going to do it in the afternoon).
- Put less fast insulin or eat more rations more corresponding to the units we put on.
- Measure glucose before starting exercise (advisable to start with a glycemia of 150-180).
- Take so much sugary drinks of rapid absorption, HC of rapid and slow action, etc ...
- To consume and choose to take, according to intensity/effort of the route at all times.(For example, before an HC upload slow absorption, immediately after the climb some slow absorption, maybe during the descent or plain when you lower pulse and relax us, begin to lower glycemia).
- At the end of the activity if it touches us insulin, reduce dose, once let's relax and adrenaline is consumed, the blood glucose will begin to lower hours after having done the activity, even having eaten/cented.
- Increase rations in that meal after the activity.

Surely I forgot something, but I think that with those guidelines we can avoid scares.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/22/2016 1:57 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Valky I intense I consider it a strong training.A one -hour training can be intense and a 5 -hour walk can be moderate.It all depends on the increases you do, well looking at the PPM is easier, but we each have a different threshold.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/22/2016 10:40 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

luvi said:
with aerobic and programmed exercise, is advisable:
- Measure glucose early (if we are going to practice it in the morning) or before eating (if we are going to do it in the afternoon).
- Put less fast insulin or eat more rations more corresponding to the units we put on.
- Measure glucose before starting exercise (advisable to start with a glycemia of 150-180).
- Take so much sugary drinks of rapid absorption, HC of rapid and slow action, etc ...
- To consume and choose to take, according to intensity/effort of the route at all times.(For example for before an HC upload slow absorption, immediately after the rise some slow absorptionglycemia).
- At the end of the activity if it touches us insulin, reduce dose, once let's relax and adrenaline is consumed, the blood glucose will begin to lower hours after having done the activity, even having eaten/cented.

Surely I forgot something, but I think that with those guidelines we can avoid scares.GREETING

What marked in bold, would it be rapid, then slow?

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
04/01/2021 6:53 p.m.

Hello .
I usually make moderate cycling (30/40 km each output, several a week), and always carry 2 HC bars of the Decathlon, and 1 or 2 Gluco Up15 lemon gel (those recommended by my endocrine for hypo).
I usually try to go out with a tea or coffee, if the glucose is correct, and without insulin.
If the journey is slow, I hardly need anything HC.
Today with 40 kms of moderate rhythm, at the end of the route I no longer had batteries, and I was noticing it, with what I stopped 5 km to arrive, and with a Gluco Up15 gel, I have arrived well.

A question:
Any other gel that can supply the Gluco Up 15, quickly?

Sugary greetings.:) :)

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
04/01/2021 7:01 p.m.

Ah.
What do you think of these gels?
Link

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
04/01/2021 7:02 p.m.

jordiv said:
ah.
What do you think of these gels?
Link

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
04/01/2021 7:03 p.m.

As I commented in another thread, what is best for me is a mixture of hydrates with rapid action sugar.In your case it would carry something liquid of hydrate like rice milk and be drinking and controlling.I am doing well!All the best!

a141abc's profile photo
a141abc
04/01/2021 7:09 p.m.

jordiv said:
luvi said:
with aerobic and programmed exercise, is advisable:
- To consume and choose to take, according to intensity/effort of the route at all times.(For example for before an HC upload slow absorption, immediately after the rise some slow absorptionglycemia).

Surely I forgot something, but I think that with those guidelines we can avoid scares.GREETING

What marked in bold, would be rapid up, and then slow ??

Luvi, could you clarify whether it is correct what you say (bold), is it misunderstanding of mine?
Or if someone understands it differently?
Greetings.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
11/09/2021 3:14 p.m.

Good, I am an amateur cyclist, I go 4 times a week and around (as it makes road or mountain) to 150 kms of mountain with 2000 meters of slope, the best thing to control the gluco are the 226 hydro gels of 226 there are two modalities 22HC and 50 HC (the latter are a fat chute) but those of 22 have no sugar that avoids the peaks, that is important, that and drinking 226 energy provides 44grs of hydrates in a 1/2 liter boat (noI am sponsored, hahaha) but it is what goes best, the products decathlon the hydrates are based on the sugar they put, hence its price.I tell what is good for me, by the way the banana is going well to put something solid and it does not rise so much.

speedy1967's profile photo
speedy1967
11/09/2021 6:25 p.m.

LADA con insulina abasaglar + Ristfor con sensor, Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.