Greetings from the other side of the puddle

Provinciano's profile photo   06/29/2016 4:53 p.m.

Hello, I am Andres, from Paraná, in Argentina, about 500 km north of Buenos Aires.
I am type 1 diabetic since 2001, starting like everyone else, a lot of thirst, hunger and drops 13 kilos in 3 months.
My hemoglobinas were always between 7 and 8, with some a little higher ... I am very unleashed with the controls, it is not that the punctures or anything bother me, only that I always cost me to make the routine of the controls, I have achieved itOnly for seasons.
So and and everything I never had here a complication that some doctor would associate it with diabetes. No fainting, neither ketoacidosis nor anything, ophthalmologic controls always gave me well, I have a good arterial pressure.I have always played sports and since day 1 that the disease diagnosed me, I promised that it was not going to be something that prevented it from having a normal life.
Now, 6 years ago I have been living family losses, my mother and my grandmother, died of Cancer and after a long process, which has made me more reluctant to doctors and sanatoriums.
I am also dad of two children, a 7 -year -old girl and a baby of 2, I think that my greatest fear in life is that one of the 2 inherits the disease.
That is basic and reduced my story with diabetes.
Greetings

Provinciano's profile photo
Provinciano
06/29/2016 4:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Provinciano, welcome to the forum!

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
06/29/2016 6:34 p.m.

@Provinciano, welcome to this forum;I encourage and continue fighting in this "sweet road" !!>: D <

ani's profile photo
ani
06/30/2016 2:41 p.m.

@Provincian welcome and do not worry about your children, diabetes mellitus is not hereditary;The predisposition can be inherited but they only develop between 5-8% if the parents is diabetic and for a series of environmental factors that are about to be discovered.
In my family there are no diabetics or type 1 or type 2 and here I am ... with a 0.4% possibility and bingo!I play.Why or what factors did they develop?It is not yet known.Science has not yet discovered it.It is based only on statistics due to life habits according to countries or regions.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/30/2016 4:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.