{'en': 'Venezuela: Total shortage of diabetes medicines', 'es': 'Venezuela: Escasez total de medicinas para diabetes'} Image

Venezuela: Total shortage of diabetes medicines

fer's profile photo   06/30/2016 9:27 a.m.

The vice president of the College of Pharmaceuticals of Venezuela, Yolanda Carrasquel, said that the shortage of medicines has worsened, to the point that she has reached between 95% and 100% for chronic diseases such as hypertension, Diáttes, Alzheimer's and Parkinson.

"The government refuses to accept and understand that in their hands is the solution of this problem," said the spokeswoman, by reaffirming the need for the National Executive to reactive the production and grant preferential currencies to cancel debts to international suppliers to suppliers.

This was established in the Pharmaceutical Convention, held in March 2016 in Caracas.There representatives of the pharmacies agreed to meet with authorities of the Ministry of Popular Power for Health (MPPS) and the Center for Foreign Trade (Cencoex), in order to make their approaches and define the delivery of resources in “prudential” lapses.

"They must accept the proposals and not link this problem with politiquería," he said.Crisis

“I stopped consuming losartan (which is for tension) because I don't.Instead I am taking Manzanilla and Moringa, ”said Casa Lorena Pineda.

Juan García has established contacts with drug stores because that has been the only way to find the same medication that Pineda uses.

Neighbor Juana Pérez explained that she has had to travel to Caracas, in order to get the glycophage, necessary for blood sugar control."There I had to visit several pharmacies because it is very difficult."

According to Pablo Sáez, he has seen the need to reduce from three to two the doses per day, with the aim of extending the treatment.

"I've had to eat less flour to control."Pedro González suffers from skin affections and assured that he traveled to the Monagas state in search of Dermasopril of 0.5 and 0.1, as well as Baycten (from the Bayer).Nor find Caladryl or Adantol."Anything you suffer has become a calamity."

Rolando Padilla said his mother suffers from Parkinson and in recent months it has been impossible to find Mirapex."He recently stopped taking it and could not stop the bed, because it serves to control muscle spasms."

Other missing

Nor find the sinemet, used for the control of the tremor."The first one, we had to travel to Mexico to look for it and the second one could get it in the Vigía, Mérida state."Marcos Moya indicated that his son was about to die a few days ago, because he did not get antiallergic."Calcort and Claricort disappeared from the market. How do we stay alive?"

All this contrasts with what was said by the Minister of Health, Luisana Melo, through national media.In his opinion, the State of Exception and Economic Emergency Decree issued by President Nicolás Maduro has activated the production of public and private companies in the sector.

According to Melo, there are 75% of the medicines consumed and even added that between January and May of this year its distribution increased throughout the Venezuelan territory.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/30/2016 9:27 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Whenever things happen to me, I wonder what will happen to insulins and strips.There if they miss a few weeks it can be deadly.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/30/2016 9:43 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

fer's profile photo
fer
07/04/2017 4:27 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What anguish ..., l

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/04/2017 9:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That's right, every day it is more difficult to get anything.Lantus insulin costs 3/4 of the minimum monthly salary.These days I am only measuring when I wake up because I can't get the strips

Jonadmj's profile photo
Jonadmj
07/05/2017 2:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.