{'en': 'Three Galician cinemas prevent children with diabetes from entering with food and glucometer', 'es': 'Tres cines gallegos impiden a niños con diabetes entrar con comida y glucómetro'} Image

Three Galician cinemas prevent children with diabetes from entering with food and glucometer

fer's profile photo   07/01/2016 10:14 a.m.

It rains on wet and storm.One of the companies that owns cinemas in Galicia, Coruña Films SL -Dueña de las Salas of the Elliptical Square in Vigo, Cinexpo in Pontevedra and Pontevella in Ourense, among others - continues to refuse to admit spectators with food from the outside.

The denial of access even affects children with metabolic diseases that require controlled and special nutritional needs such as diabetics, as the association that groups them has just denounced, anedia.This newspaper contacted the cinemas of the elliptical square to obtain its version but sources of the same indicated that "we do not want to make any statement."

The last battle of this war took place on Wednesday afternoon where, again and ignoring the request of the councilor do population, in the aforementioned cinemas of the olivic city, the Teucro and As Burgas - always according to anedia -He prohibited the entrance to small diabetics with their backpacks where they were carrying their snacks and glucometer (glucose meter that people with diabetes should use an hour before and after each meal), as the drafting in Faro indicated in Faro.

As a consequence, the mothers and fathers of those affected - which are part of Anedia, Association of Nenas and Nenas with Diabete in Galicia - filed claims.The president of the collective, Ana Pérez, explained yesterday that "we are studying what legal measures can be adopted."Among the first ones that consider, it is to transfer what happened to the Diabetes Federation and claim, again, to the councilor do population.

This went to Pontevedra on the 18th to deal with the matter with those responsible for the organization.Nine days later, he informed them that he was resolved.Anedia decided to try yesterday if so."It was a surprise that in Vigo and Pontevedra prohibited entrance with the backpacks where they carried their snacks and glucometers," Ana Pérez said.

One of the problems of diabetic people is that the quantity and choice of foods they ingest, as well as schedules.Each food has a glycemic index.This measures to what extent foods containing carbohydrates raise glucose in the blood.Palomitas, chucheías, fried potatoes and white bread, for example, are among the foods with the highest glycemic index, therefore, they must be avoided.

Diabetic people must follow a "adjusted meal schedule", since a 30 -minute delay in the intake can cause hypoglycemia, a drop in the blood sugar level, they explain from ane.This, according to the National Institut of Diabetes, "can happen suddenly. It is usually mild and can be treated quickly and easily when eating or drinking a small portion of glucose -rich foods. If hypoglycemia is not treated, it canworsen and cause confusion, clumsiness or fainting.

The ane president, Ana Pérez, stressed that "lack sensitivity" when taking into account the needs of diabetics."The child's situation with this disease is hard."Nor in schools there is 100% understanding with inappropriate school menus for them, alteration of food schedules or the negative of the Xunta to force teachers to measure glucose or prick insulin to the children, he added.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/01/2016 10:14 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Outrageous!!!The sixth seems to treat the news.But that these things have to pass so that some care about all the discrimination suffered ...........

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/01/2016 11:47 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

hallucked !!I don't believe it ..., -o: -o: -o

I don't even know about it ..... I'm going to digest it .....

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/01/2016 12:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What I see amazing is to check the bags.Each one carries wants it in them.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/01/2016 9:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Shameful hey!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/03/2016 9:59 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

I is the same that @Egina, which I don't see with which right registered the bags and backpacks.Whenever I have gone to the cinema I have kept something in my bag because I do not cup it (the price is exorbitant and already quite paying input) and they have never looked at me.
Anyway, people's sensitivity shines for their absence and have to pass these things to assess certain things.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
07/03/2016 11:26 a.m.

It is totally shameful that this happens.I have to say that in the cinemas of Santiago de Compostela anything similar has never happened to us, Iago has taken his bag and they have not asked him what he carried, as well as me either.The company that carries them is Cinesa and I suppose that with a different sensitivity to that of this other company.But if they had told him something we would also have put a claim.

Enma's profile photo
Enma
07/06/2016 12:28 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Outrageous, hopefully it will be solved ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/06/2016 2:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

It gives me a Mosqueooo, who bruit by God where we have reached.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/06/2016 4:06 p.m.

My mother ... how can this happen ... unfortunate ... shameful ... outrageous ... boikot to those cinemas !!!!!

ranty's profile photo
ranty
08/27/2016 11:10 a.m.

@Otodosque we are in the Fora and all of us who know (this label is worth it but well),
We must go to the cinema in plan to go as diabetics that we are and that prevent us from entering and forming a good fuck nationwide.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/28/2016 7:11 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.