Continuous and thin meter

oxcar's profile photo   07/01/2016 10:58 a.m.

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I met this forum and this is my first message.I have been with diabetes for more than 12 years and I have insulin bomb (Medtronic) for about 7 years.

I am looking at the issue of continuous glycemia meters, and I am doubting between the free, G5 and Medtronic, and I wanted, please ask you for your help on the subject.

I wanted to ask those who use it if you know if a very thin person will have problems with them, because I have not found any post that speaks on the subject and is my main question to see which system to take.I do not usually have hypos (which I know at least) so my main turning point to demarcate by one meter or another would be if I will have problems because the fibers that measure sugar or something similar are bent.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

oxcar's profile photo
oxcar
07/01/2016 10:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Oxcar I am thin and I have taken the free and currently the Dexcom G4 for more than two years and I have never had any problems to be thin, also say that the sensor is never placed in areas with little "chicha".I don't know if someone has had any negative experience for this reason.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
07/01/2016 2:10 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Thank you very much @jaume by your experience.He understood that the free is placed in the arm, and the Dexcom demands you in the abdomen but many people carry it in the arm without problem.I have almost almost chicha on the forearm, and the abdomen use it for the pump, but I punctuI think I would click on the muscle.

I also use gluteo for the pump, although I do not use the recommended part of the upper gluteos, if not where it is used to prick the syringes.

It makes me buy it and then it doesn't worth it.I will inform myself if there is a trial period.

Thank you very much once again.

oxcar's profile photo
oxcar
07/01/2016 3:17 p.m.

@Oxcar welcome, for telling you the dexcom you can put it wherever you want, I have put it even in the upper part of the internal twin of the leg.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/01/2016 3:36 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you very much @jconegar.Del Medtronic I like that I would not have to carry another receiver, since I would go with the bomb I carry today, but I do not know if the extra cost compared to the G5 for that, because with the G5 I would integrate it with my current iPhone.Besides that I have read that the G5 is more reliable.

From what you say from the areas where to put it I stay calmer.I will inform myself about the trial periods, to see what they tell me.

Thank you very much @jconegar.

oxcar's profile photo
oxcar
07/01/2016 3:52 p.m.

I particularly with the G4 and the XDRIP I am more than served @Oxcar, by the forum some partner has bought an issuer and sensors without receiver, I do not remember who has been but someone has done it and has not bought the receiver.
With the Animas Vibe you also see the values ​​of the G4 I carry it but since I use XDrip I see the glucose always on the smartwatch.
All the best,

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/01/2016 4:11 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

But I have read in another post that the G5 carries the most up -to -date software (I think version 505) and that is why I thought it was better to buy that, in addition to saving you the receiver.

I have not commented that my intention is not to use it to always carry it as the pump, but to use perhaps 1 sensor a month.If it lasts 28 days great, but if it wouldn't be a few days without using another sensor.

I am seeing the XDRip because I should buy the G4 the same to save more money, although in the Novalab offer I do not see the price of the transmitters.I will call to ask and make the comparison.

Thank you very much @jconegar

oxcar's profile photo
oxcar
07/01/2016 4:23 p.m.

I do not remember if it was about € 380 the transmitter, but do not pay much.
Nor is the user of the forum who got it as he did, because Novalab asks for medical report to sell you, I don't know how to have done it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/01/2016 10:15 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

If it is to save, the G5 is a scam, neither good nor bad, simply a scam, because of its transmitter that lasts 3 months.Come on, if it is by pasta, the G5 download it.If you say that it is not to use it continuously, then .... the G5 will last 3 months, use it or do not use it, so if you use a sensor 1 month (it can last you from 10 days to 40 or50 days some case, I stay in 2 weeks systematically, although the one I have now passed and marks quite well), and you rest another, when you start again you will have to spend another 380 euros on another transmitter.

Advantage of the G5 is obviously that if you have an iPhone, you can connect it directly, you always remember, at the cost of 1600 euros a year in transmitters (imperable).

About buying it without receiver, personally I would advise you (backup), but I see no reason not to buy it like that ... I still don't understand certain demands (which in the end are not such), I understand that Dexcom wants is to sell, of amode or another.Here, theoretically, the Dexcom is an article without a recipe and free sale, exactly as the free Abbot that you buy by mail as you buy a book.Or as you buy the Dexcom in other European countries, simply with pasta.(such as glucose meters, strips, etc ...)
I still do not understand why for the Dexcom they ask for that "report" (which is not such, it is simply a document in which the doctor - he is for example - does not oppose that you carry it, not even recommend or force you, simply simplythat you do not oppose you use it).At least years ago.
Therefore, I believe that if you talk to them, you can buy the sensors and a transmitter, if it interests you.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
07/01/2016 10:30 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

When I bought it a month ago they no longer requested the medical report.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
07/02/2016 8:25 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Yes, no report is needed.As other users I have the dexcom G4 ... for my magnificent but very expensive since the sensors in my child are lasting on average 15 days ... but I do not change it for anything ... we use free and for us there are nocolor .... for children I see it very clear.From G5 .... Ufff ... the price is milk but I think that when I finish the transmitter of the G4 I will try a transmitter ... but but I am very convincing to my wonderful G4.I see the disadvantage that it is a bit bigger and heavy, more uncomfortable and it is hard for me to convince my child !!!And the distance between receiver and issuer say it is lower.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
07/02/2016 10:06 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Thank you all for your comments.

So if I'm very thin, you think I could put free or G4 without problem, right?

oxcar's profile photo
oxcar
07/02/2016 10:23 a.m.

Both without problem @oxcar.No problem due to thinness.I am thin.It is already a decision of whether you need alarms, that maybe they can wake you at night or not.There are 2 different products, one is a glucose flash meter and another continues.I have tried the 2 at the same time and both are going very well.

Keep in mind that the free does not need to calibrate it and the Dexcom G4 twice a day officially and occasionally use XDRIP.For me it is not a problem to calibrate because in fact I always do capillary analysis before meals, just in case, but there are people who may seem like a problem.

The Dexcom G5 for me is an expenses in transmitters every 3 months completely.In addition, keep in mind that if you use Dexcom G4 with XDRIP, you will have an algorithm that experts say, it is the closest to 505 of the G5.Eye I have not tried the G5 and I cannot affirm this point.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
07/02/2016 11:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.