Artificial pancreas

nina45's profile photo   07/02/2016 10:51 p.m.

Hello chic@s.
I just read news that artificial pancreas will probably be in operation in 2018 ... Do you know any of this?
I just passed a note to Fer from the link ... (Let's see if he knows anything else)

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/02/2016 10:51 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Link

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/02/2016 10:52 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

Go!If I have known how to do it!OLEEE

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/02/2016 10:53 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

I think no ... that we need the computer expert equally ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/02/2016 10:55 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

No idea

Sergiopr's profile photo
Sergiopr
07/02/2016 11:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!I read recently in very interesting that the French wanted to get it for the end of 2017, although I also read something similar in 1996 when I started with this :(

Pedro37's profile photo
Pedro37
07/03/2016 1:39 p.m.

Well, what a discouragement ... however, inform you that my niece type I is targeted on the waiting list for one, which is believed imminent ... Let's see ... (Virgin, virgin ...)

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/03/2016 1:56 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

They just reported that the FDA (American agency for the marketing of the medicine) at the end of the year authorized the commercialization of artificial pancreas, and later possibly a few months later the European Medication Agency is done.
It is about putting an artificial pancreas on the market that has already been tested in children's camps and working perfectly, controlling their glycemic levels and making a normal life, in meals etc.
It would be necessary to know if it would enter the public health of Spain (something I doubt for some years) as it would avoid many health problems for those suffering from type 1 diabetes.
Well we can say that we are closer to overcome this chronic disease, or at least to be able to make a more comfortable and safer life.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/04/2016 8:04 p.m.

An "artificial pancreas" does not bring us closer to overcome this disease.

It makes the lives of people who are willing to carry the most comfortable armatos, especially it is interesting in children.

But we remain as patients and with the same needs.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/04/2016 9:30 p.m.

It will help whoever has the "difficult" controls, a few years ago, with the old insulins, would have been received with great enthusiasm, today with the new basal insulins, it seems that it is not so missing .., that is a sign thatThe treatments are improving.
If it were small and very reliable, of course it would be very good treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2016 12:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina, what they call artificial pancreas, is only a sad bomb that communicates with an interstitial sensor.It will never be reliable, because the sensor will always have a 15 -minute delay with real blood values, and insulin injection takes another 30 minutes to start acting.

The children's camp who carried that "artificial pancreas" showed the glucose curves and were almost all day above 200. Post the photo, both of the amount of cables and devices that they required (they carried 2 pumps with their cables, one with glucagon and another with insulin) such as the glucose curve that the sensor showed.

Obviously something can improve by adjusting the algorithms, but until we have immediate action insulin and real -time sensors, so many cables and devices will not be worth it.Only for those who already carry a bomb and CGM.

Link style = "Max-Width: 300px;

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/05/2016 5:03 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Many years ago, people with severe coronary problems were installed the so -called pacemaker, that if they had died much, over the years they have improved and are more effective and small apart from saving the lives of those who need and carry it.
Well for something you start.
Logically those who have to carry pacemakers would prefer a heart transplant but good

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/05/2016 10:28 a.m.

Yes, we will have to keep waiting, but this is good that this moves a bit ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2016 3:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.