Energy error in the minimed 640g

Via's profile photo   07/05/2016 9:09 p.m.

I changed the battery, following indications of the alarm on Sunday at 10 pm.This morning at 6 in the morning, a new alarm has woke me up telling me that I should change the battery before 30 min because otherwise the infusion would stop.Obedient, although very surprised by the course of only one and a half, I have changed it again.The batteries were new and those that came with the pump pack.At 4 in the afternoon, new alarm, but this time without determining the remaining time for change.New pile.And definitely and without warning at 8:30 in the afternoon, an alarm warning that infusion due to energy problems had been suspended.
Most options have been blocked.I have called Medtronic (he has jumped to International, because after 6 pm, all national calls are treated in the US) and fortunately a competent person has served me that we understood each other quite well.
He has indicated some guidelines, which I have followed under his supervision, spare new pile, and made the steps as if the reservoir had changed.
Right now it works.He has not ruled out that it is a bomb failure and has recommended me again to call them if the episode is repeated again in 4 or 5 hours.

Via's profile photo
Via
07/05/2016 9:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@via, m I spend the same thing with the Medtronic 640 g of my daughter, it was a bomb failure and changed it.For an unhappy chance, the second TMBN bomb had a failure, this time of another type, and is already going for the third hehehe, three bombs in half a year, it is to take it with humor because if not ....

This is the thread in which I comment on the energy failure that seems to you.Greetings

Link

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
07/05/2016 9:58 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

@Ainhoa, I just read the thread where you narrate a case identical to the one that has happened to me.This is the same failure, the same messages of alarms.At the moment 4 hours have passed and everything is still normal, but as you said in your comments it is a bit disturbing to think to happen again.This afternoon I was at home and it was easier.At the moment I have already put in my bag a spare battery and the pen in case it happens again.
Ainhoa, thank you very much for your answer.We continue in contact.Greetings.

Via's profile photo
Via
07/06/2016 12:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@via, a hug.I hope the pump does not fail again, but just in case plan B with the pattern in multidosis.To the child that the bomb we will call you again and change it to you, the replacement comes very fast.I defend the bomb above all and above all, I am convinced that it is the most physiological administration system and that when you get to "dominate" it brings you closer to better control and greater flexibility in your life, but that yes, the bomb hasthat works perfectly and the cannulas and catheters also (the cannulas and catheters that were acodu were another personal struggle, today solved ...).Greetings and what can help you>: D <

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
07/06/2016 11:25 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.