Hemoglobin in children under 4 years

aranzazuleg's profile photo   01/12/2016 11:24 a.m.

I am a little discouraged with the hemoglobin of my 2 -year -old son, he has taken 7.5, and although the doctor tells us that it is normal to me does not seem to me and wanted to ask you: what hemoglobins did you have at those ages?

I do not control it better, and that being diabetic I was supposed to have to go better, but among the cooling, the bubbles of the pump, the damaged catheters and others there is no way.

Sometimes I think that with the bolis I would go better, at least we would avoid bubbles and machine failures, but of course being as small to see how you put the right units ...

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
01/12/2016 11:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Aranzazuleg!Look, I think you have to think that you are doing it very well with your child, and of course that with the bomb you are giving him a quality of life that my daughter, with the injections and the tyrannia of schedules that imponel the old insulins,He did not enjoy.

My daughter debuted with just under two years, and maintained good hemoglobins but many of them at the expense of many hypos and strong.It was the time of the NPH, with those beastly peaks that, and conditioning the life of lunch, snacks, reenes ...

Then there were not many options, or you relax and resigned yourself to high glycemia, and avoid hypoglycemia, or tried to adjust control to the maximum possible assuming the danger of hypos, which up to five years can be very problematic.

I tried this option but continuously watching, always pending and with fear in the body, finally not to remember.It was very complicated.

Hopefully my daughter could have had the quality of life of your child, you are doing it frankly well, with how difficult it is when they are so tiny, with meals, which varies their activity, ufffff ....

I remember that we had to use diluted insulin and put it with syringe, because its guideline varied in a room of unity, half unity etc ... that hemoglobin is very good, it is not easy to have it that good with that age and soon go down more becauseYou are a superexperta.With the cateters we are going through hell.

The 6 mm are a lot and do not see that roll, especially because many times the blocked infusion alarm does not jump and we find out the glucon: -s.

The bomb is great although Durilla de Roer at the beginning but as everything good takes time, in the end we will dominate it.

A hug & GT ;: d & lt;

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/12/2016 1:21 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Thank you very much for the animals !!

Of course I do not want to think what would have such a crio but 15 years ago, because we believe that we have not advanced much, and the diabetes is much more bearable.

Thank you really, that I am very important when I see that so much effort is not rewarded because I would like a hemoglobin less than 7.

Although they say the worst time is puberty, but we go with 15 years you have to have enough knowledge to take care of it, it seems harder to me.

aranzazuleg
01/13/2016 9:09 a.m.

@ranzazuleg I think you're not doing anything wrong.

The theme of the pump at the beginning because it is something complicated.In a child with the bomb you have the ease of putting micrunities, I have only tried a bomb and the truth is that I am happy, once bubbles have made me or know anyone who has them to have been done, well I take out theI insu an hour before fridge and go up and under the embolo several times before loading, why do I do this?Because they told me that it was good for the subject of bubbles, I do not know if I did not do it if they would go out or not but as they do not come out I do not try not to do it hahaha, in 7 months with the bomb neither a folded catheter may have been lucky,But if you give you so many problems you should talk to the doctor.

You have to be sure you're doing well, surely yes.This lottery award that has touched us without buying tenth is difficult to control, as you say a cold, nerve state, anything affects us.

Much mood woman and you will see how little your little one grabs her bomb and will tell you "mamaaaaa !!!! I am going to eat 4.5 servings of a chocolate magnum !!!! Don't worry that I give theBotoncitos of my game boy "

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/13/2016 9:47 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Anzazuleg, I can only dercite that you do not discourage you, that although things do not come out as we want we fight as we know, so much encouragement !!!
With age you are right.If with Maria, who will make the 14 next 24, it is already frustrating and desperate, I do not want to think with such young children.Tendo fear of the next Hemo, we have been a month that there was no way to get out of 200, increasing and increasing and nothing;And now we had to go down because it gave him hypos.
Maria will make the 14 next 24, and if with less than a year with this, she already makes her own decisions and knows her symptoms, when your little one becomes more will be an expert.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/13/2016 9:55 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Jconegar what luck you are!Not a bubble, nor a broken catheter, Jo, luckI imagine that you have it in a pants pocket, my son carries it with a kind of frog.

And any variation a lot, I do eat me 10-20gr of a thing more or less my body, but the boy .... You have to have too much accuracy.

My only objective is the one who says that it becomes older and half controls, especially that the descents are noticed, I want you to grow now, and in the end I will not enjoy your childhood because I do not want more than it is older, it could already have been doneolder diabetic ....

aranzazuleg
01/13/2016 10:07 a.m.

@Aranzazuleg I in life daily I carry the bomb with the click of the belt, but when I do sports that I am one of those who do something the pump goes in a fannya attached to the body, and they are continuous hours and hours of training spending heat, sweatingTo the thousand wonders.
If you have seen my blog you will have seen any of the nonsense I do and that they are not all hehehe.And in summer then the same hours and hours.
The theme of bubbles goes through something, in some bombs more than in others, in Animas the truth that I do not know anyone who happens to them, it will be perhaps because they are the least.
Enjoy that age that you are now will become older, I understand perfectly what you say.Have you considered putting any mcg?I do not tell you any brand for the extensive debates we have here in the forum.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/13/2016 10:46 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Well, I have thought about it, but I don't see it for my son, we would have to put it in the ass next to the pump patch, and thinking that the ass of a child has the size he is in the end will not have a place for him or forScratch the poor, and then there is the brands that both leave.

It would be different if we could put a sensor on the arm and the pump to rotate it, but of course it is too small to put anything anywhere other than the ass, try it in the leg and the very joio scratched and removed it, soThat nothing returned to the ass.

When he is more aware of everything, we may put it on, but we have to think about it well, it is not cheap, and if you accustom you to one thing to see how you tell the child that this month does not touch patch, do you know?
I just put it on and of course I do not take it all month, I've been fifteen for fifteen days.So I get the month at € 64, and the expense is much more assumed.

I hope you begin to subsidize the SS, it seems that they are fighting for it, to see if hopefully in a couple of years at least they subsidize half.

aranzazuleg
01/13/2016 10:54 a.m.

Much mood woman you will see how little by little everything goes better !!!!!!The truth is that with the Dexcom does not leave me any brand at two days it has already disappeared and I carry it on average 4 weeks, I put it in the arm, the Dexcom filament is much finer.
The pump is true that it costs me more than the Caterer brand is removed but they go to the end.I broke through the belly and back, in the back the insulin makes me less effect and in my thighs I cannot because of the theme of sport.
You will see how it will surprise you and he will teach you!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/13/2016 11:03 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@Anzazuleg, of course when they are so tiny it is much more difficult, and above all you feel a huge responsibility on your shoulders ... I already tell you that I remember it from the distance that the years that have passed and I shrink my heart... I also set my goal to do my best until it became more and everything was easier ... I had problems with anxiety and everything.There was always someone who pretending to help me that it was better if I had debuted so little and not being a teenager .... I thought, if for the C ******, which is an expression that we use here to say that ofThat nothing at all.But despite everything if I managed to enjoy everything I could of my daughter's childhood while she lasted, and even if you don't believe it, you're doing it with your child.And time will pass quickly, when you want to realize it will be greater and then everything will be easier in many ways, because as @rociollinares you will make half -decisions and increasingly assume more control, in other aspects it will be more difficult because they become a bitHe scorses at a certain age hehehe, but one thing if I tell you, and that is that those who have debuted so tiny establish a tremendous alliance and complicity.The meters of the meters we have to tighten and kick until they subsidize them.It seems to me that there is something that can minimize the risk of hypoglycemia and do not make it available to everyone, but it still seems much more important to children.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/13/2016 11:27 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

The "advantage", to call it advantage, and in case it serves as comfort, is that your little one when he grows up will not remember his life without diabetes, without punctures, without controls, without doctors, without a control in his diet .....Thing my daughter yes.And it is very hard when from time to time he asks you and why mom, why me?, How well I was before !!!!, imagine you eat you .......
For fear and decision, excursions, camps are being lost, staying with her sleeping friends ...Hard tries to enjoy his childhood everything that is "stabbing" (if not anything) disease, your child and you deserve it.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/13/2016 11:47 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you all, it is encouraging so much.

Rociollinares tell your daughter not to miss anything because of diabetes, that if you know how to puncture and you can see the dowers can eat the world.:)

To me that better now than not after that way it will be part of the tb tell me people, and I say about "and one cush ....." hahaha ... pq now we are taught to get onThe pants, but of course the boy does not cover the machine .... Let's see if we get it before the school goes.

They are so many things that you have to learn ... that if I already knew the basics .... I despair.

aranzazuleg
01/13/2016 12:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.