The Ramón y Cajal creates an educational play area for children with diabetes

fer's profile photo   07/18/2016 2:12 p.m.

The Ramón y Cajal hospital has created a playful space called "Play Zone", as an educational game area specially designed for minors with diabetes, in order to make the hospital waiting room more entertaining, whose pediatric diabetes unit is a reference inSpain.

To do this, the Disney factory has created a character with diabetes, "Coco", with which it seeks to normalize and reduce the impact of childhood disease through stories.

This initiative seeks to create a friendlier and more cozy hospital environment for these children, which normally have to go to the hospital several times a year, and has been possible thanks to the collaboration agreement with the Lilly Pharmaceutical, as detailed by the Ministry of Health in a note in a note.

The Ramón y Cajal University Hospital has a diabetological education classroom integrated in the Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit, which is a national reference in the treatment of diabetes in pediatric patients.

It is accredited as a unit of excellence by its educational program for patients who begin therapy with insulin bombs - the first in Spain - and also has a certificate of good practices granted by the Interterritorial Council of the National Health System.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/18/2016 2:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

When I'm going to consult and see young children there with type 1, my tears are skipped.

Parents are authentic gladiators, I recommend you to have a conversation with some.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/19/2016 2:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.