My son has been with 300 for several days

aranzazuleg's profile photo   10/22/2015 9:32 a.m.

My son has been with 300 for several days, and from there there is no way to lower it, do you know when he starts to have acetone?If you had acetone, it could be that insulin did not take effect proper?

A week ago they gave him many whim and we lowered the dose a lot, and now it is the opposite, if today I do not control it we will call the doctor to see what he tells me, I have never had those figures more than a few hours and for some reasonSpecial, and I already started to scare because it takes 3 days.

Something does the insulin because it does not upload more of that figure, but nor does it go down.

It is just lack of insulin?

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
10/22/2015 9:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The one you went down and even more. The children need more insulin every time. And they do it to jumps.
If you have no fever, it will be nothing more than that

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/22/2015 9:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Maria was like this, there were not 300 but he went from 120 to pass to 250/260 for several days, and normally always in the morning, from the afternoon he returned to normal values.
As he got up well, we left the lantus of the night as usual and we began to climb the fast breakfast, we came to control it for a few days, and returned to the same thing, and as if we were increasing only quickly it gave him hiccups, we increasedA little the HC and now without doing anything, it has been very well on Monday.
I cannot advise you what you can do, I still do not dare to give many advice, but I tell you our experience in case it helps you.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/22/2015 9:49 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Rocío my son carries bomb, does not carry slow, but thanks.

And tb that.Yesterday he had this cold's fever, but he has only had a day and has been high since Tuesday.

Let's see what happens today.I have uploaded a lot suddenly, putting values ​​that I had a few weeks ago.But it is that rectifications seem not to do much.

aranzazuleg
10/22/2015 10:15 a.m.

Yes, with Maria something similar happened, one day we had to rectify up to three times, to go down .....
From what I am reading, it seems that anything that caught as slight as it is, uncontrolled a lot.Maria was 3 days with antihistamicos and there was no way to regulate and the climbs now I fear that I only get in the school ....
Come .... Let's see how you are doing today ...

RocioLlinares
10/22/2015 11 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

<Blockquote class = "quote" rel = "sprinkle"I returned to normal values.
As he got up well, we left the lantus of the night as usual and we began to climb the fast breakfast, we came to control it for a few days, and returned to the same thing, and as if we were increasing only quickly it gave him hiccups, we increasedA little the HC and now without doing anything, it has been very well on Monday.
I cannot advise you what you can do, I still do not dare to give many advice, but I tell you our experience in case it helps you.

Hi @rociollinares because the same thing happens to me weeks.
I started giving me hypos all the time
And I reduced the amount of fast to only 2 or 3 units for a chicken salad to tell you something since it was under the time.
From one day to another, high values ​​after meals and even with few HC, for example, a toast and with 120 milk and with four Humalog rises to 240.
A salad and tomato soup with 3 fast to 260 and so on all these days.
Of Lantus use 34 units.
I will try to go up the fast to avoid peaks and high values.
I have also tried to prick and wait the same half an hour as I have advised me in the forum but I notice that insulin makes me recent to the 50 MINS after having punctured it.
Come on, I don't find out how to solve it and I am losing weight 5 kilos in a month.

Greetings, health and that you do well to you that you deserve it with so much battle.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/23/2015 1:57 a.m.

At eating it took 340 again, so already a little desperate PQ had already risen the insulin called to the doctor, what recommended me was temporary to 120% and rectifications every two hours, and upload the ratios of all themeals

In the end TB had acetone, normal thing taking 350 days.

The result of all is that we have changed 340 for 240, we will have to continue uploading, but I already notice my most happy son, which these days was off.

Let's see if this weekend we finished improving it and got it down to 150.

aranzazuleg
10/23/2015 9:09 a.m.

I am glad @Aranzuleg, have if you get it as soon as possible and that these good values ​​last .....

@Afterego, because yesterday Maria all morning around 200, I only have to think that as I had an exam, it is nervous, starting at noon and without going from 120 ... but what worries me now is that yesterday it weighed andIt has also lost weight, almost 2.5 kg in less than a month .... Imagine with 1.75 high and 47 kg, it is sorry to see it

RocioLlinares
10/23/2015 9:52 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

For a few hours of having 200, acetone is not generated or lost, it is the same that the last stretch is hitting.

and controls what he eats, to see if it is that he does not want to gain weight or some chuminada of those.

aranzazuleg
10/23/2015 10:05 a.m.

I hope you are right @Anzazuleg, and to grow.Although I would also give me something that with 1.74 and thirteen years old already has it well !!!!What do not see the problem I have now with clothes ...
And eat eats, and much more than before starting with diabetes, because we now try to comply at least with the HC rations that correspond to it.And for fear of gaining a lot I would be deceiving us, he has had seasons that what worried him was his thinness.
What really worries my husband and me, is that he is much higher than 200 between the controls and when it comes to getting controls he is going down .....

RocioLlinares
10/23/2015 10:33 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Mmmm I do not believe, the diabetes does not have but the sugar does not fall alone, that is, if it is 200 at eating it is that it will have been going from 150 to 200, it has not had 300 and lowers 200 by itself.And less with lantus and fast, if it were with a bomb, it would be another song,

In addition I already tell you for an interval of hours even if I will take 300, acetone is not generated, I have never had acetone and if I have had 200 and 300 for a few hours, I have never been as my son is now because of that my confusion.

If it is so thin, you can upload the rations and that more insulin is punctured in each shot.And more when you think he stays hungry.

I would think that he eats less than you think, diabetes does not exempt us from other problems, but we go to your daughter more than anyone.Watch it.

aranzazuleg
10/23/2015 10:44 a.m.

sprinkle said:
me glad @Aranzuleg, have if you get it as soon as possible and last those good values ​​.....

@Afterego, because yesterday Maria all morning around 200, I only have to think that as I had an exam, it is nervous, starting at noon and without going from 120 ... but what worries me now is that yesterday it weighed andIt has also lost weight, almost 2.5 kg in less than a month .... Imagine with 1.75 high and 47 kg, it is sorry to see it

@Rociolinares Yo from nerves or tell you, nerves to everything, what helps me to calm a little is the courage in drops that I take with you or there are also from it.
Endo I prescribe to me diazepam but I am afraid to take it so because of the natural in case the flies.
To gain weight I was thinking of consuming those shakes that the bodybuilders use that are protein, the truth that I have never tried but I see that they have 0 HC, so I think they can work.
Maybe it is helpful for, or less is natural or a Tila tea also before the exam can help.
Anyway, everything does well and me too.
greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/23/2015 3:53 p.m.

@Afterego, if you have anxiety tell the doctor if you prescribe orfidal. With half a pill to the day it can be enough to be calm and awake at the same time.
Sometimes anxiety annuls us the reasoning and does not let us think objectively.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/23/2015 3:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The only thing that lowers sugar is insulin or exercise, I recommend that you don't give those advice.

In the end the problem was resolved by raising the ratios in each shot and the basal in general.

It is fine and I believe that it has been due to a stretch that has given the crio.

aranzazuleg
10/27/2015 4:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.