Night downturn

triskelia's profile photo   07/21/2016 11:03 a.m.

Read diabetes for prolonged use of medications.45 Lantus has been used for a long time.The last 3 nights I have had lows up to 52 or 54 and the last with vomit.Let's see if you can help me.

triskelia's profile photo
triskelia
07/21/2016 11:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @triskelia, welcome to the forum! You can provide some more information?, For example, what type of diabetes do you have, what your doctor explained to you, what time do you wear the lantus, etc ...

In comparison to what I use about Lantus (24 units), I think it's a lot, but I clarify that I am type 1 and that everyone has its pattern.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/21/2016 2:58 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I type 2 induced by an obligatory use of corticosteroids resulting in a sugar crisis during an intervention.I've been based on pills for a few years but I had to increase until it was necessary to use Lantus.I use it at midnight before sleeping.I have had nocturnal dirty but never 3 in a row and so dramatic.However, they could be due to a state of stress that I am spending these days.I got to use up to 50 and the doctor did not see it excessive but I have lowered a little to 45. But these 3 dowers have scared me and I don't know if tonight I must reduce dramatically or continue with the same the same

triskelia
07/21/2016 5:33 p.m.

Do you get fast at meals?
If you just get Lantus it is difficult to control it. But if you produce hypos you will have to lower at least one unit.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/22/2016 4:27 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I still don't use fast.Last night I got a unit and I had no downturn but only 84 when I got up

triskelia
07/22/2016 5:50 p.m.

What hours do the dowers give you?Perhaps they are due to the effect after a previous hyper.You should look at the levels a few hours before the time you have the hypos

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/22/2016 7:48 p.m.

I can go many months without a downturn.What scared me was 3 night to follow around 5am

triskelia
07/23/2016 12:57 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.