{'en': 'They prevent a person with diabetes from being a garbage dump', 'es': 'Impiden a una persona con diabetes ser basurero'} Image

They prevent a person with diabetes from being a garbage dump

fer's profile photo   07/25/2016 2:46 p.m.

Juan Ramón Herraiz, 48 years old, prevents him from being a garbage dump, after approving his opposition, for his status as a person with diabetes.Behind this decision could be an alleged labor discrimination due to its medical condition by the municipal cleaning company of the Terrassa City Council.

Juan Ramón is a person with type 1 diabetes for 15 years.A couple of months ago, the tests were presented to obtain a public place in the municipal company of Terrassa Ecoequip Sociedad Anónima Municipal, in the province of Barcelona.

To these evidence there were more than 2000 people and Juan Ramón obtained the fifth place as can be seen in this provisional list that is published on the Internet for the same public company Link = 5518480E-4F9B-4BDF-AE06-B6B6882583BE & AMP; Groupid = 16

A few days later he was called to the relevant medical examination and his high glycosylated hemoglobin gave away his type 1 diabetes. The medical report signed by Dr. María Angeles Riba Gorina considered that Juan Ramón was not suitable for being cleaning pawn in the night service ofThe municipal Cleaning Company Ecoequip.In other words, I could not work in as a garbage dump because it has diabetes.

There is the curious circumstance that Juan Ramón was already working on that same cleaning service as a garbage dump a few months ago through the job bag.Moreover, for four months he was driving the garbage truck and no one denied him to do so for his status as a person with diabetes.In fact, Juan Ramón has shared with Channel Diabetes a letter of recommendation in which his good work is highlighted as a driver of a garbage truck of the Ecoequip company.

It is true that in the public tender bases it is explained that one of the requirements will not suffer a physical disease or limitation that prevents the normal exercise of its function.And that is where the debate arises.Is diabetes a limiting disease to be a garbage dump at night in Terrassa?

Juan Ramón's defense

In the last hours we have known that Addeisa (Association for Social Integration and Defense of the Rights of People with Diabetes) will put everything in his hand to attend to Juan Ramón, study if the inapture to perform the shift at night manifestedFor the mutual and corroborated by the company, it has a legal basis and, in case it does not have it, to raise what type of judicial actions can be initiated because there would be no reason not to admit in the workplace to which it opts, being able to enter theAttitude of the company in contradiction with the principle of equality and non -discrimination of article 14 of our Constitution, so it is studied to initiate a judicial protection procedure of fundamental rights.

Once again a person with diabetes is again discriminated against for their condition when opting for a position in a public company, in this case to the dump of the Terrasa City Council.

rights of people with diabetes

Currently, in Spain, exclusions in certain public access jobs to the administration for people with diabetes are established according to criteria that demonstrate the total ignorance of this disease.In addition, this fact is still produced in the access criteria, either at the local, autonomous or state level, as a consequence of the current regulations that continue to be governed by criteria not adapted to the current scientific reality.Juan Ramón's case is a clear example of this.

“Diabetes cannot be the cause of generic exclusion of a job, but the physical conditions of each applicant should be valued, in relation to the attitudes required for each position and, bySo much, not to be based on possible or potential problems that could occur in each job, ”said Fede Andoni Lorenzo president now just one year on one of his visits to the Congress of Deputies.

And, in his opinion, discriminate against a person for suffering from diabetes, "it would be the same as doing so by belonging to an ethnic minority"

It is necessary to remember that currently there is a non -law proposition, approved in Congress, which establishes that diabetes should not be the generic cause of exclusion in public employment.

And if we go to international legislation, non -discrimination is articulated as a basic principle of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1948 and also defended by the International Labor Organization, among others.

If we jump to the national norm, discrimination is evidently prohibited in our article 14 of the Constitution.The Spaniards are the same before the law, without any discrimination against birth, race, sex, religion, opinion or any other personal or social condition or circumstance.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/25/2016 2:46 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I am that these things still do not see them meaning ... and every time I see more jobs with disruptions of this type and I get bad ... I hope that there is not long to change the law or that at least they value each case ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
07/25/2016 4:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, if the Constitution says many things, such as the right to housing work

jjvm's profile photo
jjvm
07/25/2016 8:05 p.m.

Can I express what I think?or better I refrain?Fer do you delete the comment if I express myself with my heart?> :)

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/25/2016 9:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I don't know why things happen like that.
I would stew to know what they do in other countries.If disabling diabetes to opt for certain public jobs, they should recognize it as disability, with all other rights.
If not, what they do is illegal

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/25/2016 11:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have sent emails to associations and Fede (Spanish Diabetes Federation) and nobody offers solutions to this.I will have to continue falsifying analysis with how difficult and dangerous it is.

On July 24, 2015, a non -law proposal was registered in the Congress of Deputies, promoted by Fede with the support of the PSOE.
Just a year ago of this and nothing of the subject has been known again.

I leave this proposition not of law, which must have been forgotten ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/26/2016 12:19 a.m.

@Artorias, continue with your particular analysis, because this makes no sense.If they canceled disability, they have to cancel discrimination.
I am sure that if this man resorts, they have to admit it, as already happened in the case of the subway employee.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/26/2016 1:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Is there any difference between public work and private work?The statute of workers says something?If so, it is another discrimination.
I would bet something that it is a cleaning subcontract, therefore private company, which can do whatever they come out of the Blessed.
Dismissal.Total inability for habitual work, that if they don't give you any disabilities and look for life.
The only solution I see for a DM1 is to be an official,

jjvm's profile photo
jjvm
07/26/2016 10:51 a.m.

Well, it looks like a public company and interest that among another person.I think that if he resorts he has won it but that will take 4 or 5 years fixed and in the meantime to see what he lives ...

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/29/2016 1:37 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.