Presentation, I'm new for a couple of months ...

Dannyvega87's profile photo   07/27/2016 1:31 a.m.

Hello everyone!My name is Daniel (Dany for friends) and I was diagnosed with DM1 in April 2016, I realized for the most famous symptoms;Thirst, urination, hunger, etc.
Then I decided to go an analytical, and everything perfect except zas!250 mg/dl of glucose, the impact was ... I do not want to remember, then my head doctor took me an appointment with endocrinology of the Virgen Macarena hospital here in Seville, they taught me everything, thus counting on top of HC, technique ofClick insulin ... But after a few days I was offered to participate in a clinical trial under my consent, which consists of 52 weeks testing a medication called LiraglutidVery good, I have lowered the doses of insulin both fast and basal, and I am getting very good glycemic controls, some hypos but hopefully tracing well, and I hope that after you have read the whole billet, so far my presentation.Thank you very much and a lot of hope from the Macarena neighborhood of Seville!

Dannyvega87's profile photo
Dannyvega87
07/27/2016 1:31 a.m.

DM1 Abril 2016
-Fiasp y Toujeo
-Freestyle libre 2
Hba1c 6,0 septiembre 2022
De Sevilla!!!

Bunas Dani well come to the forum here will find a lot of information and support at least it has been very good for me, I suppose you are young I debut in 2014, with 45 years and little by little you are taking it.
Yesterday I was reviewing with my doctor and I tell me that research is being improving quite a lot to find a definitive cure against this disease we are 450 million diabetics in the world, technologies will advance a lot and research with mother cells told me that about 10 years good years.
I encourage luck.
By the way, the Victaza is a medication for type 2 diabetes is used to stimulate the pancreas, I know people who take it, but it does not work for type 1, sure they give you that ???

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/31/2016 10:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@antonimar and did you believe it?When I also sold me that motorcycle, first were 5 years, then 10, etc ... After 25 years with this penance I have already ruled out for this life that they will discover or find a cure, I hope that future generations haveBetter luck above all those little creatures that are whipped with their families with this conviction.There is no mercy.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/31/2016 3:58 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

The ten who told me have also passed ...: -s

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/31/2016 6:17 p.m.

When they told you that, there was unknown, there was not a single research in humans, I no longer say that I could heal, if I do not improve our quality of life.

It would really be necessary to crucify them, it is the equivalent of a scientist on TV today saying that we are close to building a manned spacecraft that can take us to another galaxy.

Chussily now, there are things that in the medium term if they go ahead can greatly improve our quality of life, such as intelligent insulin or encapsulated beta cells.But a definitive cure?To wait sitting.
Almost nothing is known about how to tell our immune system to stop killing us.

Everything that looks like islet transplantation and such is very good, but without stopbeing miserable.

The only possible total cure of type 1 diabetes that is being tested in humans is that of Dr. Faustman's BGC, and at this step he dies of the old man before completing the study, since in each phase he spends more than 10 years.And it is simply to wear several doses of a vaccine of tuberculosis, which does not cause any serious side effects.And due to the calm of the study it seems that snake poison is injected, it is desperate.

You have to take it with philosophy, first pray for intelligent insulin and encapsulated beta cells.
Miracles will take longer to arrive.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/31/2016 7:51 p.m.

antonimar said:
dani bunas well come to the forum here will find a lotyears and little by little you are taking it.
Yesterday I was reviewing with my doctor and I tell me that research is being improving quite a lot to find a definitive cure against this disease we are 450 million diabetics in the world, technologies will advance a lot and research with mother cells told me that about 10 years good years.
I encourage luck.
By the way, the Victaza is a drug drug

If I am sure I am taking Victaza, stimulates the pancreas in type 1 too, since I started with 0.6 mg the doctor began to lower my doses of fast and basal insulin, and until today I am very happy, greetings !!!

Dannyvega87
08/01/2016 12:23 a.m.

DM1 Abril 2016
-Fiasp y Toujeo
-Freestyle libre 2
De Sevilla!!!

@Dannyvega87 welcome!
If the pancreas stimulates you even being Mellitus 1, it is because you are on a honeymoon and still mediates you.When your reservation runs out, I shouldn't work ... but I'm not a doctor.Take advantage of it in the meantime.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/02/2016 1:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, if I have forgot to say that I am on a honeymoon, so it stimulates me the reserve I have, and according to my doctor in conjunction with an infusion that puts me every 6 weeks it protects the part that works, and can even recover aLittle more part, I hope to be lucky, greetings!

Dannyvega87
08/02/2016 2:44 p.m.

DM1 Abril 2016
-Fiasp y Toujeo
-Freestyle libre 2
De Sevilla!!!

@Dannyvega87 If you take care of yourself, the honeymoon can last up to 5 years.I carry 1.5 and I touch wood because it lasts a lot.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/03/2016 10:21 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I did not have a honeymoon for example @dannyvega87 so if it is possible to extend it taking care of you, do it!And I have to say that from 1990 to 2016

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/03/2016 11:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
I must say that from 1990 to 2016 the diabetes has not been cured but the quality of life of the diabetic patient is much better than in the past

Many always say that of advances and such, but I debuted in 1994 and I have not noticed any advance or improvement in the quality of our treatment, or anything.

-Pasar from 20 second to 5 seconds in the glucometer I do not see a real improvement.

-The new insulins or are a thymus or they work exactly the same as the old people, the humalog creates practically the same action curve as regular insulin.The slow (Lantus, NPH) do not only make me any effect, nor the old ones, nor the new ones.

On the other hand, I have noticed some setbacks:

Especially in the bolis, before they were much better with their interchangeable cartridges not cheap plastic like those now.In the needles that were of much better quality and especially in the unlimited supply of free strips that we had in Social Security.

And here my most personal opinion would come, but to wear a needle always stuck in the body, either for the pump or for the meter, it seems to me a tremendous backwardness with respect to puncturing a second and removing the needle.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/04/2016 4:04 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41, because I remember those insulins NPH and regular, with a pure anguish for the slavery at meal schedules and the hypoglycemia that appeared if you did not eat exactly at the time of the peak .., and the meals away from home at any family partyThey were torture., And the hypos that were presented at 3 in the morning, another.
PFF just having released us from this time for threats of hypoglycemia, we already freed ourselves a lot from that distressing slavery
We also started in 94 ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/04/2016 5:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Or the theme of food, when I started it was practically prohibited, now they teach you to eat everything regulating your amount of insulin.I also remember those insulinas @regina not to have to have to go with the syringes, have to store it in the fridge yes or yes, the issue of schedules that you already mention ... I now carry the sensor and I am delighted, it seems to meA great advance, which could have advanced much more?Well, probably but I personally have much more freedom now than formerly

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/05/2016 9 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.