Hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia, same reaction?

Ali923's profile photo   10/26/2015 4:09 p.m.

Hello everyone!I would like to know if when you have high or low sugar you react the same or you are more clueless than normal

Ali923's profile photo
Ali923
10/26/2015 4:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Ali923 I think we all react with more or less similar symptoms, what if I personally feel fatal to me, but hypoglycemia to me personally give me more panic.
Symptoms of hyper, blurred vision, tiredness, thirst, desire to urinate all the much more frequent than normal.
Symptoms of hiccups, dizziness, hand tremor, headache, anxiety and horrible nervousness.
With which I can tell you that I don't feel the same reaction.
greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/26/2015 5:28 p.m.

They are not the same shydomes. The hiccups are very urgent.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/26/2015 5:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Here a couple of links for @Ali923 and whoever wants to see issues that deal with hypers and hypos.;)

hyperglycemia and Hypoglycemia .

fer's profile photo
fer
10/26/2015 6:26 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is easy that at first we confuse the reactions of our body.I gradually catch the thing.The main difference that I notice is that hyper increases the sensation of heat in my body, especially in my head.I feel her as if she had a fever, next to the headache.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/26/2015 7:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

I feel the climbs a lot in the face I notice as if I burned and on occasion I wear very red.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/27/2015 12:34 a.m.

Maria with the hyper headache and tiredness, and with the hiccups in the hands, what happens is that with values ​​around 80 it already begins to tremble.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/27/2015 10:15 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I just like Mary, with hyper headache and thick saliva, pasty mouth and much tired
With the hypos, tremors, I change my vision and things shine a lot, palpitations and as inner nervousness, what happens is that if they are not very abrupt, I do not notice anything.
When we walk with the very tight values, for example in 80, if it goes down to 70 or 60 and also does not notice symptoms and when you have been with Lantus for many years, they also stop noticing the symptoms

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2015 3:04 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

In the hyper I do not notice anything, nor from 300, nor 350 ... I do not find out, I am like new.Maybe some heat on some occasions.Dexcom helps me more with hyper than with the hypos, which I almost never have and I do notice them well.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/27/2015 3:55 p.m.

In this aspect I believe that each one is a world, although the widespread symptoms are the ones that have told you.I read this on Facebook today about hypoglycemia, in case it serves.

Link

In my case, what I do not notice are the hypos, although then when I go back a train has happened to me.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/27/2015 7:38 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Good morning I am new in the forum, I am type 1 diabetic 30 years ago (I am 41 years old) I needed if they can advise me on the following: approximately 3 months ago I began to confuse hyperglycemia with hypoglycemia having very similar symptoms (especially in thenervous system) I put on panic or anxiety.This is making me have to measure the glycemia values ​​very often, is it a normal symptom?, my doctor tried changing to ultra fast insulin 4 times x day more ultralente 2 times per day with more measurements of glycemia values ​​(I measure me 4 times per day) but I have not had great improvements.Can anyone help me with this, or is it normal after so many years of diabetes ???,
.I had never had problems in differentiating them was very clear from the other, but now I feel the same.

DLissi's profile photo
DLissi
11/14/2016 10:28 p.m.

It has sometimes happened to me that I am low and be high ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/14/2016 10:55 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Let's see, after 26 years with diabetes, my current sensations are: I do not detect them, I am 30 and I know it because I do control, if not, I am so calm until I fall round and the fuck begins forThe family.The only thing I notice is sometimes desire to urinate more frequently, and not always.
At first I did have the feelings of tremors and weakness with the hypos, but that has not noticed it for many years, it seems that over the years and, as in my case, you have some injury due to the operation of cervical discalsWith sequelae, not noticing hypoglycemia becomes something common.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
11/14/2016 11:31 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

@sllf the same years of diabetes as you and what I see since the same year and it happens to me the same, the hypos rarely detect them on the contrary. I increasingly detect hyperglycemia, lately or rather, basically since theHypothyroidism Hiper's symptoms are very heat and strong palpitations apart from the classic SED etc.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/14/2016 11:41 p.m.

Well yes @nigiri you are right, we have been with this cross for the same time (in my case), I just want you to take it better than me.And it is true, thirst with hyper also notice it, but nothing more.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
11/14/2016 11:47 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!

Well @sllf I carry it, I have no choice, for now the only complication I have is a very slight retinopathy in the right eye that for what the endocrine and the ophthalmologist has told me is normal after so many years with diabetes, peopleHe will think I am ready but I have the topic of the thyroid much worse than diabetes ... but that is another song!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/15/2016 12:03 a.m.

I did a post recently with the same question.And I see that the veterans and the brain goes from telling us that we have hyper or hyper :))

Even if in my case now I do not feel the hypos and I notice something when I am high.And the truth is that it is a pain.

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
11/15/2016 1:51 a.m.

I did not specify yesterday but I notice when it is uploading to me but it has ever happened to me when I used Lantus that was in 300 and I was better than good ... the body is a mystery!:))

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/15/2016 9:03 a.m.

Well for what I see over the years, the same thing begins to happen to us, I have been in 30 and 20 and I have noticed by accident when I measure myself, or when I start talking a lot or I call myself.This of not finding out the dowers (hypoglycemia) until I am the limit, makes me enter a psychosis of having to measure myself many times a day, and if I cannot measure myself, it grabs me as panic and despair, this last one began to happen to me6 months, in 30 years I controlled it without problem, but it worries me because it is somehow altering a life that so far was almost normal.My wife who is divine and has accompanied me so far no longer knows what to do, I am from Argentina and in the town that I live there are no suitable professionals, it is a small city (Cutral CO).Is there any page or doctor online that has an answer if this can be reversed in some way?Please I'm very worried, thanks

DLissi's profile photo
DLissi
11/16/2016 9:32 p.m.

@Dlissi I understand you perfectly.I do not know in Argentina but here in Spain are the MCG (continuous glucose meters) (Dexcom especially) that is the best because they give you notices of hypoglycemia without being all day by clicking you.The problem?Very expensive!Only if you have economic possibilities you can access them since social security does not help you.So, as happens to me, we have no choice but to click all day and, still, they are inevitable.Hopefully someone can give another solution, I don't know her.
And on the other hand, this afternoon he had the symptoms of yesteryear of hyperglycemia, that is, every 15 minutes he wanted to urinate again.I do my glycemia control and ... Tachan, glucose in 60!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
11/16/2016 9:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.