Indignation with cinema - Hotel Transylvania 2

fer's profile photo   10/26/2015 10:37 p.m.

I reproduce message from an indignant father with the treatment of diabetes in the cinema, and join his complaint and claim, filmmakers, please report on diabetes !!!!

This afternoon we take our son to the cinema to see Hotel Transylvania 2, but I do not want to talk about how fun the film is, but about something that, my wife and me, we thought it was very bad.

In one of the scenes a character appears with a cake in his hand saying: "Remember not to eat so many cakes, because the ugliest monster is diabetes."What happens to them?My son, being diabetic, was very affected by these words, felt so offended that he asked me: So dad, am I a monster?- No son, I said, the problem is that those who made the movie are ignorant.

The issue is not something less, in fact, it is a great mockery for the millions of warrior children fighting day against their illness to continue living.Dad What happens if my colleagues see the movie and start calling me a monster?... What do you answer? How do you explain to a child that you have to inject it at least 4 times a day that, contrary to what the screenwriters think, he is not a monster?

Gentlemen producers, screenwriters, dubbing actors: we do not ask for diabetes, we don't cause it either;In fact, his illness could not have been prevented, nor is there something that we could have made different so that he had it.
If they are going to use their films to send a message, understand the big difference between diabetes mellitus type 1 and type 2. The first is not prevented, you are born with it;The second, on the contrary if it is caused, mainly by bad eating habits.

They understand the difference, because because of their ignorance today a child cried a lot, today a child was offended and I am sure that, in later days, millions of diabetic children who watch that film will also feel attacked by their great ignorance, for theirindifference and for the negligence so great that they have committed.

Source: Link but-I don't-quiero-quiero-ehablar-de-lo-470243EEE53A4#.YR54PVAA4

fer's profile photo
fer
10/26/2015 10:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

They call "diabetes" monster, that is, to the disease, not who suffers from it.It is the same as when it is said that cancer is a horrible disease, nobody thinks that people who suffer from it are horrible

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
10/26/2015 10:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, it is the disease, but neither do the children who have the most monstrous disease ...On top of being diabetics, we are believed that we are to blame ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/27/2015 12:59 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, except for the sweet-diabetes relationship, to me the comment seems perfect to me: diabetes is something horrible, not the suffered people who carry it.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/27/2015 8:16 a.m.

I agree with @con_q_de_quimica and @roar, the phrase refers to the "diabetes monster", but it is also true that it puts the responsibility of that monster in children, which should not eat many cakes to get the monster caught, and somehow, they blame those who are diabetic, so I also agree with @regina.

In general, I think that diabetes has not been well treated in the cinema, for whatever reason, but we have a long list of films in which they show that to overcome a hypo you have to wear insulin, or if it is not put insulin youYou die, or that the hypo is detected with a clock, or ... in short, I do not follow, that it is evident that what you see in the cinema does not usually have a scientific basis, and in our case, that clearly harms us.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/27/2015 9:34 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

We are with the usual, an adult will know how to interpret what it refers to, but in many children it will not be so, although the parents will be to explain it ...... But ..... and theFriends, companions ..... of our children, people who already have a wrong idea of ​​what diabetes is?

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/27/2015 10:04 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Fer does not surprise me your outrage, and it has given me immense grief when thinking about the scene.I am trying that my daughter understands what this disease means and although she has lived with her, I have always kept her on the sidelines and it is now that there is a girl in her class with diabetes when I think she gives more real account.I agree with @rociollinares, despite what she lives at home, I have already had to correct her on several occasions regarding skills or comments about her partner.I have insisted several times when you do not comment or reference when your partner has to go to nursing and eat different things.Children are children, and if adults are often ignorant and cruel, much more a child, even without intention.The other day a girl said that I did not understand why this partner's mother was always going to the excursions.My daughter told him that they gave them the most, and that there were people with special circumstances, that they did not fully understand.I felt very proud of the truth, sometimes they seem to listen to you ...

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/27/2015 3:18 p.m.

What does the ignorance of many or the vast majority of people.When they told me that I had diabetes I felt fatal with a sense of guilt thinking that because I had 6 kilos left over diabetes.Then when the endocrine said DM1, I almost felt relieved. And everything for the ignorant who tell you that you have diabetes because you have 5 kilos.What entails.I don't know if anyone can understand me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/27/2015 3:57 p.m.

Man, with the millions that are spent on making a film, the translation could have been curled a little more.Nor do I agree to differentiate type 1 or 2, no human being deserves a disease for doing unhealthy things, diabetic cakes, tobacco for lung cancer patients or cirrhosis for habitual drinkers.Or would we agree if they had translated "care with the monster of obesity"?I guess no.If it is true that each one looks at what affects him, and that your child is scared of cinema for a very unfortunate script does not like anyone.The only thing that can be done is to spread our anger and teach our children to defend themselves from the many asshole that will have to listen to in life.It does not offend who wants, but who can.The important thing is that we and our children know that we have had to live with this, and that in our hand is to have a normal life if we know how to take care of ourselves.

DiabetesForo
10/27/2015 4:15 p.m.

A very unfortunate comment, I have a son with 6 years, imagine that they put it in their class and look at all the classmates, very sad.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
10/29/2015 3:44 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

I add to the complaint, the screenwriters are supposed to have three fingers and there are things that should not be said and especially when there is a young public that already feel complexed. For them to add those scripts.I greet everyone on the forum. I am the new one today.

Joaken's profile photo
Joaken
10/31/2015 12:20 a.m.

Welcome,@Joaken

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/31/2015 12:30 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

But how long are you going to protect them? ... Don't you think the perfect time to teach them to defend themselves?That their classmates get into them, that they want to harm them, that someone is not well informed or does a pepper to inform themselves ... life can be hard and people can be bad, that is the real world .If you do not start preparing for it, they will not be able to survive.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/31/2015 11:04 a.m.

roar said:

But how long are you going to protect them? ... Don't you think the perfect time to teach them to defend themselves?That their classmates get into them, that they want to harm them, that someone is not well informed or does a pepper to inform themselves ... life can be hard and people can be bad, that is the real world .If you do not start preparing for it, they will not be able to survive.The film is the perfect occasion to talk about the subject.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/31/2015 11:05 a.m.

They will be able, and have time to assimilate it, because a disease like this is not a normal circumstance for a child.You have to give them time and more maturity to assume it.And they are integrating it very well into their life, unfortunately.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/31/2015 12:02 p.m.

He did not talk about assimilating the disease, but of assimilating how life can be and how people can be.It is something that all children should learn, with or without diabetes.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/31/2015 12:14 p.m.

@roar children can become very cruel, just have arguments, it is clear that they have to mature and live with diabetes and people, but that it is the cinema who puts the arguments, because it can be avoided and I thinkthat the screenwriters should take it into account, and inform themselves more!, it is not just this movie, it is that it is almost all that they put the leg with diabetes !!!

Welcome to the @joken forum!

fer's profile photo
fer
10/31/2015 1:49 p.m.

@Fer a few days ago I saw a Spanish movie that had recorded and the protagonist suffers a hypoglycemia and gets desperately sugar down and then punctured insulin.With things like that little or very bad diabetes culture shows us cinema

DiabetesForo
10/31/2015 3:29 p.m.

I think that screenwriters can be reproached to disinforce and confuse people.Unfortunately, there are millions of examples, the last one I have seen in the series The Big Bang Theory: there is a chapter in which Penny, the waitress girl, makes fun of how a person with diabetes eats And with a bomb !!!(I put it in quotes because she was very surprised).They make a silly joke without any sense, which I suppose that from the outside it is very funny, but when you are informed you know that it is stupid.
It seems perfect to protest for that, because it is false and you have to be serious, but worry about the behaviors of others ... with or without diabetes at some point everyone has some unpleasant experience, and I think it is betterBe prepared and know how to start crying, be the age you are.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
10/31/2015 3:53 p.m.

The movie also said that by eating many sweets it gave you diabetes and it is false

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
11/04/2015 12:31 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.