{'en': 'The honest post of a young woman with diabetes to raise awareness', 'es': 'El honesto post de una joven con diabetes para crear conciencia'} Image

The honest post of a young woman with diabetes to raise awareness

fer's profile photo   07/30/2016 11:21 a.m.

Type 1 diabetes is a chronic condition in which the body cannot regulate the amount of blood sugar, and despite that many relate the disease exclusively to fatness, it is not always the case.

Many people diagnosed with diabetes must take insulin and maintain a healthy lifestyle, along with newspaper medical check -ups.But that does not mean that such a living person "well" all the time.That is why a British young woman hopes to contribute to the education of others regarding this disease, explaining what a day means in someone's life with diabetes.

Using the hashtag #Whatdiabeteslookslike ( #thus an 18 -year -old MadeLine Milan Milan, is hopeful to erase false beliefs about the disease."Diabetes is not that morbid obese man who you see on television," he said, according to the English medium Metro.co.uk.

She wrote in a Facebook post:

"Diabetes is not in your piece of cake, in that" combo "of McDonalds with extra fries, or anything you see with sugar.

Diabetes is a 18 -year -old girl sitting on the floor of her bathLittle sugar because it feels too weak to shout and also the room is turning.

He is a nine -year -old boy who tries to play outdoors with his friends and ends up being taken in ambulance because he was unconscious when he did not realize that he had lowered his sugar.

She is a 32 -year -old woman who finally receives the news that she is pregnant and will have the family that she always wanted, but instead of celebrating she is worried that her sugar does not stay in all her hormones and can kill the baby beforeknow him ... or maybe to her. ”

Madeline also stressed that diabetes can also attack really young people, commenting on how difficult and confusing it can be for a child to be diagnosed with this condition.

"She is a three -year -old girl who doesn't understand why her mother has to click her every time she eats and not her brother," he wrote.

In its publication, which has already received more than 6 thousand "like", Madeline wanted to emphasize that diabetes can be in everything around us.That can affect anyone and it is not something that is chosen.

“It is a disease that does not choose who to attack, no matter if you are two months old or if you are 73 years old.It doesn't matter if you eat McDonalds every day of your life or if you are a strict vegan who goes to the gym every day.

The diabetes is me.Diabetes is a ton of people who fight for their lives every day and go to bed without knowing if they are going to wake up the next day.So before labeling their huge desserts with the word "diabetes", think about how diabetes really looks, "

It should be noted that Madeline's inspiring has been shared thousands of times and many are the people who thanked their interest in raising awareness about the disease.

A woman said: “This hit me strong, my mother is a diabetic and since I was very small I learned what it meant and how I could help her sometimes.Thank you for writing this, many people need to be aware of what it implies being diabetic, especially those who are and those who love them. ”

FOUNTAIN:
Link
Link ;set=a.265634436781615.78708.100000051834313&

fer's profile photo
fer
07/30/2016 11:21 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.