{'en': 'Special weekly menu for people with diabetes', 'es': 'Menú semanal especial para personas con diabetes'} Image

Special weekly menu for people with diabetes

fer's profile photo   08/03/2016 11:47 a.m.

There is a causal relationship between excess weight and type 2 diabetes. Dishes and proportions for good food management.

A moderate weight decrease (from 4.5 to 9 kilos) and in the long term improves glycemia.

If you have excess weight or you are obese, the purpose of this note is to help you interest your health.You might be comfortable with your state, that quick and industrialized meals dominate you and have no intention of modifying your eating habits and the sedentary lifestyle.However, these pathologies can slowly lead to others, one of them is type 2 diabetes.

Other diseases that have close connection with obesity and excess weight are arterial hypertension, heart disease, strokes, cholesterol and high triglycerides, gout, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea (complete cessation of the signalrespiratory at least 10 seconds), infertility, bile calculations, liver damage, depression (in addition to other psychic disorders), some types of cancers (uterus, breast and colon) and metabolic syndrome.

The latter refers to the existence of 3 or more diseases or paintings such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, arterial hypertension, high cholesterol and triglyceric, HDL cholesterol (good) low, excess fat around the waist (greater than 100 cm).

It has been proven through studies that a moderate weight decrease (from 4.5 to 9 kilos) and long -term improves blood glucose.Therefore, good metabolic control can be achieved with decreased body weight.

The treatment of type 2 diabetes is based on two fundamental pillars: food and physical activity, and in some cases pharmacological treatment is required.

The aforementioned illustrates the importance that the chemical composition of food has for the diabetic with the objective of avoiding the aforementioned complications and maintaining their glycemia under control.

If your doctor diagnosed you diabetes it will be because two of the blood results of blood glucose (blood sugar) were equal to or greater than 126 mg/dl on an empty stomach.

The professional will let you know what complications you could have if you do not control your blood glycemia levels.

Maybe I will mediate you, but the fundamental thing is that you begin to change your thoughts and modify customs that you are adapted and not to get out of that circle.I am referring to the elections in meals, drinks and in the physical inactivity that accompany you, that give you pleasure and that take your health.What will you have to do?Continue with medical controls and attend a nutritionist, who will help you modify eating habits, lifestyle and motivate you to make a beneficial result for you.

If you still do not decide to go to a professional to help you achieve it, it will be necessary to keep in mind that you should lose weight, control your diet and stop being sedentary.

The food plan should be adequate to all your characteristics, whether or not you have medication, if you also have other diseases and/or symptoms.

If you dare to change your thoughts and let it help you, I will propose a weekly menu that will help you make small changes and that will allow you to realize that it is not so demanding.

Recommendations

-Don't save meals.Make between 4 and 6 daily.

-Tomá 1 to 1.5 liters of water fundamentally.You can also choose infusions and tisanas, homemade vegetable broth.

-Realize daily physical activity.At least 40 minutes of walking walking or other aerobic activity.

Breakfasts and snacks

Skim milk (with saquito infusion): 1 cup breakfast.

It would be necessary for you to get used to taking infusions andLiquids without sweeteners and much more without sugar that is not a food.

The sweeteners also produce addiction, they stimulate taste papillae to continue eating those sweet things that tempt us.

Whole wheat bread (without toast): 2 slices.It will help to extend satiety and that blood glucose grows slowly and that there are no peaks of it.

Sklling ricota: 1 tapespoon for each slice.

Clarification: Industrialized breads in their chemical composition have added sugars.It would be convenient for you to make homemade or that you could have access to those who do not contain them.

Entrectomides

Choose two between these options:

1 non -mature banana (girl).20 large peanuts.

1 hard egg.

1 cherry tomatoes with tofu cheese (1 portion).

1 firm skim yogurt without fruits or cereals with the aggregate of 1 tablespoon of linen seeds.

Before lunch and dinner: homemade vegetable broth with the aggregate of 1 tablespoon of oat bran dessert.

After meals: 1 fruit with your shell well washed or pulp.1 Tisanas infusion.

Amounts per item

Meats

Red and meglas white: veal (loin, vacuum and sirloin), lamb (legs), turkey (breast and thighs), rabbit, skinless chicken (the farm is better), pork (loin, palette and sirloin).Fundamentally blogs like anchovy, sand, tuna, mackerel, tuna, sardines (it is better not to use canned and but are without oil).Quantity: size of your hand palm including fingers.

It is better to resort to fish consumption at least 3 or 4 times per week.Magras red meat, 1 to 2 times, carré from 1 to 2 and chicken from 1 to 2.

Vegetables

Of all colors, preferably raw or steamed to preserve the nutritional value: 1 Syro plate for food.

Avoid pumpkin or pumpkin, which are easily digestible.They are foods that are used to gain gaining babies and not to lose weight.

Pope, sweet potato: boiled mixed with vegetables or cooked with shell, with baked aluminum foil.

Cereals

Whole grains such as rice, other cereals such as burgol wheat, millet, cornmeal, quinoa, among others.Dry noodles cooked to dente and mixed with vegetables (remember that it is 1 Sopero dish) with 1 small dish of these suggestions.

Legumes

Lentils, chickpeas, beans, soy (1 cup of tea already cooked): 1 to 2 times per week.Remember to soak the day before to decrease cooking time.

Seasoning

A tablespoon of preferably olive or canola oil or other pure vegetables.

Also so that you do not abuse the oil you can use this dressing for vegetables: lemon juice or apple vinegar (½ cup of tea), natural tomato (½ cup of tea), pepper (necessary amount),chopped onion (1 timpoon), 1 chopped garlic, water (1/2 cup of tea).Preparation: Incorporate all the ingredients into a blender and liquefare.Place the dressing in a container with airtight lid.Take the refrigerator.Separate a portion, both for lunches and for dinners and include the indicated oil and stir.That way you will not pass in the amount of oil and you will have more control of it.

To enhance the taste of preparations: ground chili, garlic, basil, saffron, cinnamon, smell nail, turmeric, curry, aromatic herbs, laurel, nutmeg, oregano, pepper, pepper of cayena, paprika, vinegar.Try to avoid salt at meals and preparations.

Weekly menu

Day 1

Lunch: fish.Vegetables of various colors.1 boiled potato.

Dinner: VEGETABLE OF VARIOUS COLORS.1 corn (try to avoid canned).

Day 2

Lunch: pig.Several colors vegetables.Integral rice.

Dinner: VEGETABLE OF VARIOUS COLORS.Legumes.Day 3

Lunch: fish.Several colors vegetables.Sweet potato.

Dinner: VEGETABLE OF VARIOUS COLORS.Burgol wheat or boiled potato.

Day 4

Lunch: Red meat.Several colors vegetables.1 corn.

Dinner: VEGETABLE OF VARIOUS COLORS.Legumes.

Day 5

Lunch: fish.Several colors vegetables.Boiled or quinoa potato.

Dinner: Dry noodles cooked al dente mixed with vegetables of various colors.

Day 6

Lunch: skin without skin.Several colors vegetables.Integral rice.

Dinner: VEGETABLE OF VARIOUS COLORS.Corn flour or sweet potato.

Day 7

Lunch: pig.Several colors vegetables.1 corn.

Dinner: VEGETABLE OF VARIOUS COLORS.Omelet de Arvajas (1 egg, 1 clear, ½ can of peas, perform the preparation with non -strosier pan or place 1 teaspoon of oil tea, extract the surplus with white paper napkin, cook and turn and place in the center1 feta of 30 g of cheese junior quartirolo under fat.

To get away from diseases you should change the choice of food, drinks, include daily recreational physical activity and what is no less important: 7 hours of night rest.

Source: Alicia Crocco has a degree in Nutrition and author of several books.Conduct the program feeds your life, on Sundays at 8 pm, per meter (Monday at 12, Tuesday at 15, Wednesday at 13.30 and Saturday at 17).

fer's profile photo
fer
08/03/2016 11:47 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Why is the diabetic always hungry?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/20/2016 5:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If in addition to diabetic it has a chronic colitis, which have prohibited integral foods?

DiabetesForo
11/20/2016 5:50 p.m.

@Mariafont Having or going hungry has nothing to do with diabetes, not directly once detected and treated.
I don't know what chronic colitis is, so I can only assume that the prohibition of comprehensive food has to do with that.
It is as if someone is celiac and has diabetes, they are forbidden to eat gluten foods, but it is not because it is related to diabetes, it is because of the intolerance it has to those foods.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/20/2016 6:59 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Gema ter, thanks for your answer.I blame your hunger that has the uncontrolled sugar with high values ​​but I am inventing it ... but, when you take white bread and cereals, they do more peaks, right?And that harms him.Is there any bread that you know, white, what better for diabetics?Also blackered the hunger to which it is depressed and a lot of time at home ... boredom, anxiety ...

DiabetesForo
11/21/2016 9:58 a.m.

He says that pumpkin is avoided?Well, it is the basis of many of my dishes.

I continue on my climbing weight and high glycemia for my lack of self -control, so I have decided to have the right thing at home to eat and return for a season that when I ate outside the house I took chicken and salad fillet, soI will make it exactly the same a temportadita and forcing myself to go to walk even if it is cold, to see if I moderate the glucose values ​​and incidentally I lose something of the weight I have taken.

I have gone not to leave because it was very hot not to go out cold.I really don't adapt to moved :(

Nila's profile photo
Nila
11/21/2016 10:52 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

How many legumes do you eat a week?I have been a season that I have reduced the amount of meat and fish because I don't feel much and take more legumes, at least 3 times per week I usually take.The rest of the pure time or broths, plus a second plate of vegetables with something else, once directly passed to the second, without taking first, but I always feel like something hot.

I do go hungry, I'm hungry at all hours, I filled and after a while I could eat again.Last year when they detected it I was hungry and even cried with impotence, now that I do not control the amounts so much and I have put more things that I do not owe as bread in the meals and caprices because I have taken to weight, because I already say thatI have no measure to cut and stop eating.I go to a wedding and before I could not with all the dishes and now practically devour ... and so with everything.I believe that putting things that do glucose peaks do that when the downturn is fast, you really want to eat more, it is horrible.In the end last year when I got used to my glucose, I ate my food and I was satiated, now I usually take both dishes, I take a yogurt or whatever and always peak with things that I should not and more in winter,In plan, even if it is without added sugar but how good it is not or chocolate with Stevia, which is more of the same, so although hunger it seems to me that what touches a little, in my case, is "fuck me" andGo through that stage until you get the glucose levels regular again, because if it is an absolute lack of control

Nila's profile photo
Nila
11/21/2016 11:01 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.