{'en': 'Teacher gives erroneous medication to a girl with diabetes', 'es': 'Maestra da medicamento erróneo a niña con diabetes'} Image

Teacher gives erroneous medication to a girl with diabetes

fer's profile photo   11/04/2015 2:59 p.m.

A family from northern Texas, the United States, denounced that one of his seven -year -old daughter made the mistake of giving him wrong medicine.

Karmani Ford is a girl suffering from diabetes, so he receives her medications before and after going to Beltline Elementary School in Lancaster.

Despite the established schedules, the teacher (whose identity has not been identified) injected the young woman during school hours, but when she did not correspond.

Ford told the incident to his mother and he noticed that the medicine that was administered belonged to a different student.

The incident was able to cause a diabetic coma to little Ford, said Gregory Allen, grandfather of the little girl.This was called to school when seeing in bad conditions of the child, "Fox4 News" reported.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/04/2015 2:59 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I do not know the teacher's training, but go "brown" to have to prick the children.

I think it is an irresponsibility to let a person without training and/or media have that responsibility.At least I should know the symptoms of a hiccup.What they do not clarify is whether the other student had another type of insulin or had a different disease, which would even be worse...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/04/2015 6:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That is why the need for qualified personnel in schools !!!!

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
11/04/2015 6:55 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

That happens to make people without health preparation have to take care of those things.I am surprised that it has passed in the US, where almost all schools have nurses and only they are authorized to manage medication.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/04/2015 8:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.