Heat increases my fear of hypoglycemia.

Sherpa41's profile photo   08/09/2016 9:31 a.m.

I do not know if it is the cause that every time I have passed out it has been in very hot places.But the heat overwhelms me a lot, and in summer it happened fatal, if I do not find myself very well, I am tired or I feel lazy, I do not leave home or try not to get away much.

On the other hand, the cold produces the opposite effect, is to feel a cold air streak and relive, give me energy and calm down.

Does anyone else happen?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/09/2016 9:31 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Yes to me.Sporting my performance is very low with the heat that with the cold.Even if I try to maintain the same level or intensity I do not notice that.Tiredness, dream, lack of concentration, etc ...

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/09/2016 10:16 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Every summer with heat I have to reduce insulin, it is also true that I move more.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/09/2016 10:41 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Sherpa41, I have a lot of respect for the heat because my daughter triggers insulin sensitivity, in addition this process is nothing gradual, from one day to another they give impressive lows.I have to be very attentive and reduce basal and bowling almost 30 or 40%.The worst episodes of hypoglycemia have always had them in summer, the afternoon that is when the chicharrina hits is when you have more care and more if you are going to have more account activity.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/09/2016 1:39 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

I am also suffering the summer.Heat affects me a lot to insulin sensitivity, and hypoglycemia are not normal, it begins to go down into a motive for no reason and there is no one to stop it as much as the Dexcom warns you.
Above up to 50 I notice anything.

Now in summer if I have less than 100 I am not calm.The drops are too fast, going down 10 by 10 every 5 minutes.
To do sports I have to be drinking watercolor.

I have an average hemoglobin of more than 7 these last two months, and normally it does not rise from 6.5

Let's see if this heat is leaving because I'm fed up.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/09/2016 3:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

With heat the absorption of insulin increases...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/09/2016 4:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am at least insulin to avoid hypos ... for heat?I guess ... Luckily today gives us a breath.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/10/2016 noon

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It is true that it goes down more in summer, but I meant that with heat my fear of hypos increases, my feeling that I am going to get dizzy, as the heat is already dizzy in itself, it confuses me with the dizziness of hypoglycemia.

Unlike the cold that makes me feel more awake, more serene and calmer in that aspect.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/10/2016 12:22 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Yes Sherpa, can that happen to you. Sometimes a soft treatment for anxiety is good, which helps to live calmer, to live with this tiger..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/10/2016 1:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Sherpa41 In my case as you comment, I am with more hypos during vacation, but in my case more than fear is what I feel.Sometimes I have to stop more than I wanted to eat or I have to be more pending of glycemia, and I really get angry to enjoy more.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
08/10/2016 4:40 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.