Rest days, how to regulate insulin.

Leticia21's profile photo   08/15/2016 11:58 a.m.

In my work days I am 7 hours in constant movement and checking my glucose often (because my hypos are asymptomatic many times) and eating supplements according to the level of activity, I put 16 of three of three at noon, but the days that I do not workI get a lot ... the endocrine recommended uploading 2 units my days is rest (which are always Tuesday and Sunday) but the duration of the threeiba is more than 24h if on Tuesday I put 18 units the effect the effect the effectWednesday, what work is still active?
Yesterday I was with levels between 120-150 until in the afternoon suddenof 218 I put myself 1st.
I don't know how to do it

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
08/15/2016 11:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Put one more the days you don't work and try ... and maybe it is better to put it at breakfast ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/15/2016 12:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Leticia21, I have no experience with Tresiba, to see if the advice of @regina is worth you, they seem successful ... if it does not work and you see that the general tonic the days that pounds is to start uploading since the afternoon, you can tryanticipate the climb by putting faster in the snack, sometimes it is necessary to insulin even even though you do not have to get to the dinner in range ... If the postprandial of dinner is also high, perhaps those days also tngas that increase thefast you get at dinner ... Let's see if you give it soon.;)

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/15/2016 2:58 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Thanksss @regina and @ainhoa ​​to see if I give with what to do ... this is very complicated.Yesterday dawn with 125 and breakfast cereals and milk and postpondrial 133 and today with 150 the same breakfast and at the time I had 68 ... I didn't even get breakfast at 2h

Leticia21
08/15/2016 6:12 p.m.

regina said:
put one more the days you do not work and test ... and maybe it is better to put it at breakfast ..
>

Tresiba's problem is that "by accumulation" works, putting more a specific day does not show as much as when you do it with Lantus.With threeiba up two units only one day there is almost no, you have to wait several days.And when it comes to lowering it, it is worse, in fact there are days I need very little basal because I do not stop, and what I do is directly not put any three of the day before, and the next day I am perfectly.

With Lantus any much more immediate ers change and you could raise and lower the dose depending on what you will need that day much better.It is the only advantage that Lantus having.

At least that is my experience.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/15/2016 11:09 p.m.

@Leticia21 Have you talked to those issues with the endo?Perhaps having more knowledge of your glucose behavior for several years can help you more accurately to correct those issues.
You should try to help you get your necessary insulin ratios even if it is without a bomb and hopefully you can get the pump.He will indicate how to get the insulin/HC ratios and the insulin sensitivity factor well.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/16/2016 12:54 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar I have little with this endocrine because I have changed from the province so I don't guide me very well, I have an appointment in November ...: (What I see is that my sensitivity to insulin at night is less ...Well, if under threeiba then at dawn I get up but in the day I have greater sensitivity.

Leticia21
08/16/2016 9:49 p.m.

Today I put on the three at 10, breakfast with 137 milk and cereals as always with 2 units and at 82.Lunch and ate Colle of Atun Pan and Sandia fillet and 3 units and at 170 but at 2h 82 ...
In an hour I get a lot
And I ate a fruit but then at the time I had 63 and was on the street and I drink a glyc up 15. I don't know if for the change of the time of the threeiba.
Maybe I must eat more slow absorption hydrates or something because if under threeiba then at dawn I get up
But I don't know ...
I am afraid of so many hypos because since I do not find out about the descents I am clicking every time

Leticia21
08/16/2016 9:50 p.m.

Let's see if with that schedule change does not go up at dawn and you can go down a unit ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/17/2016 12:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You can also get less fast in food and not get so fair.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/17/2016 9:04 a.m.

But if I get less quickly the peak, right?Let's see how I am doing today with three of three at work

Leticia21
08/17/2016 3:46 p.m.

I would also vote to lower something quickly, and of course slow absorption hydrates are always a good idea, more if the peaks are concerned.I do not believe that by lowering the rapid you have many higher peaks, especially if you increase slow absorption hydrates, since it can be making more the time of greatest activity than the rapid, with the absorption of glucose by digestion.It is also supposed to be obsessed with small peaks after eating, right?As I understand until the non -diabetics they have those little peaks immediately after eating, while you get well at 2 hours after food is the important thing, right?To me my endocrine always tells me that it is worse to be climbing and going down like a roller coaster, and risk the hypos, to be a tall tad after eating.

Well I hope to help a little, but I'm still a rookie, so if not, hahaha
Greetings!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/17/2016 7:10 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

If at the time you are 170 and at two hours 82 it's fine.We cannot avoid the peaks.We eat and climb.Fast insulin has no effect so we have the peaks.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/17/2016 9:45 p.m.

They speak very well of Tresiba but if your control was better with Lantus you can always use it again.
Of course, with the level of activity that you have some slow carbohydrate like bread you should eat.It happens to me with you with green hydrates (I call those of vegetables) and fruits.I get a lot and at the time I pass to Hip.
This is proof and error.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/18/2016 10:08 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.