"Dreams are fulfilled or not, the important thing is to fight for them"

jconegar's profile photo   08/19/2016 3:04 p.m.

Well, the title says it all, you have to be stone in this life sometimes, get up and continue fighting any

It is not the publication that I would have liked to tell you but everything must be told, the good and the bad.

The Delgado Perico: Diabetes gave me a lesson , you have to get up and continue the way, fighting hard

Distance traveled 65 km.

Time 4 hours-

Navacerrada and Morcuera mountain ports.

After the hard training for two months, after so many hours pedaling alone, after more than 2,000 km performed .... after having diabetes ...... after having started doing sports after being stopped 30 years ...... tras haber tenido una ilusión muy grande.......tuve que abandonar la prueba en el segundo puerto coronado, el cansancio era el justo, había realizado los dos puertos mas complicados y largos, pero tras coronar el primer puerto la glucosaI kept up reaching 400 mg or maybe more, I started putting insulin bowling but I couldn't control the situation.When the second port was promoted and see that with the bowling I did not control the situation I had to make the decision to abandon.The nerves?adrenaline?This backpack is sometimes very cruel to us, we can be true, but as I always say it is very difficult and this time I have not achieved any of my two goals.Very hurt for having to abandon the test for not having been able to control glucose and that diabetes has been able to with me.

I went out with 3 liter bottles one of water, one of isostar and one of flectomin, the heat was considerable, it was a lot of sun and I had to hydrate.In a test of lower characteristics and less accumulated altitude in that distance I have taken 5 liters of isotonic, one of flectomin and two bars without putting anything in insulin and carrying the basal of the pump reduced by 50%.Here with the hard ports that I faced and putting several insulin bowling the glucose shot exaggerated reaching figures of more than 400 mg.

The pump infusion system had changed it the previous morning and the controls were good, so the catheter knew that it was well placed, I had breakfast my 10 portions and left with a good figure of 120, I checked in the second port thatInsulin came out and there were no infusion problems, it was clear that there was something that made me have great insulin resistance, but I couldn't stop drinking since I had fallen through heat.

It hurt to leave because I could have continued.As from the beginning I commented I did not care about time (in the end I will comment on constructive criticisms of the Delgado Perico test) I just wanted to complete it.

We must never forget that with diabetes if you can and we have to fight with illusion and much effort, but we never have to forget that we carry a backpack that many times can betray us and force us to make decisions that we do not like, but I am clear thatHealth is first.

From the organization they sent a car that took almost an hour to reach what was left of the provisioning to take me to the hotel.There I started taking the appropriate measures to correct the ketosis of 2 that occurred and at 4pm I was all controlled when I was already calm and relaxed, although excessively hurt.

If I stay with something beautiful of all this is to have illusions to fight for.The day before and before leaving my nerves they ate me, but thanks to Mamen and his partner I spent a great day, they taught me Segovia, it was a great day that I spent with them and I could see how beautiful Segovia is.

When the test began I only had an illusion that was pedaling thinking about all my colleagues who share this backpack, I remembered everyone and everything they do, I just wanted to pedal enjoying the beautiful views that the tour had.Thank you very much Pedro Izquierdo and María José, thank you for all the effort you had placed so that this test would have gone well and it has not been, it has been a tough fall, now you have to think about everything and analyze it.
Thank you very much to all those who have encouraged me and encourage me day by day.What has happened to me is not normal, they have been two months of hard training in which everything has gone well, but it cannot always be, you have to keep the good of two months, it is hard to say this but it is so.

Constructive criticism to the Delgado Perico:

They put on the Internet that the minimum average speed is 18 km/h and then without saying or correcting it, they rose it to 20 km/h, those 2 km/h suppose that they removed the provisioning 21 minutes before in the port of Morcuera, that I found outWhen I went for the bicycle after the test in the afternoon.I think that with these things I should not play because many depend on the supplies.

Another issue, the average speed considered it from the moment of the exit and not since the last one that came out, a situation that harmed the last ones, I left about 20 minutes because of the amount of bikers there were.

If it is considered an average speed of 18 km/h or 20 km/h it is totally illogical that asks for the same average at the top of navacerradcarrying the rhythm.When I was wearing the Garmin I checked that in Rascafría it carried an average speed of 19.6 km/h.

When I went for the bicycle and commented on these points in very good ways and as ways to improve the test for following years, the managers who were in the inscription zone that was where the bicycle was, the answers were "were stupid and rude.You do not put the rules here "," but you like the proof not to have come "," if you do not find out the problem is yours "," for those we give the neutral km you could have put the first "(it has uploaded balls andadvance 20 minutes late. "

It seems to me something outrageous that in a proof of these characteristics these things happen, from which I have done is the first one that these things happen, this lack of information and the chulería of those of the organization.

If you want to see the photos that I took that for me they are the best (except the graphic catastrophic of glycemia curve) here you have my Facebook link, they are many megabytes and it does not allow me to upload them:
Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/19/2016 3:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar, you are a machine!
Although you have not completed it because it is too hard test.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/19/2016 5:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@jconegar the anger will last for 1 week neither more nor less, for the first week of September you are already preparing the next challenge and that we see it ... = D>

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/19/2016 10:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Congratulations, if congratulations for trying, the bicycle is hard and ungrateful, I tell you knowing it practical MTB, and if you join it for diabetes much more, now it is time to rest and then analyze but without obsessing, and next year another attempt.Cheer up.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
08/20/2016 9:19 a.m.

A lot of champion mood, as you say the importing is trying and you know more than anyone.Although your story has been sad at the same time, it shows all your value and struggle for that for us you won from heart and spirit.
And now to move on that it is always your fight.= D> = D> = D>

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/20/2016 9:42 a.m.

Encourage @jconegar, although surely a fighter like you does not work, think about the good you have done to your body and what you have learned these months of preparation

nacho's profile photo
nacho
08/23/2016 12:46 a.m.

Very good @jconegar !!!The experience, what you achieved and thanks for sharing it because personally you encourage me to continue.And it reminds me that this backpack, which sometimes weighs so much, I do not carry it alone but we are many ...

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
08/25/2016 3:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.