Travel by plane with insulin

Lauura26's profile photo   08/20/2016 2:09 p.m.

Hello good!
At the beginning of September I go on a trip and I have to take a plane (for the first time) and logically I have to take my insulin.
I have read that I only have to ask my doctor for a role in which I put everything I need to take me so that there is no problem.
But I have some doubts.Is it necessary to carry the insulin bolis in its original box without opening it or can I carry them loose?Do I have to take them in the closed box?Do they put any kind of inconvenience for carrying frigators and a small fridge to keep insulin cold?
Please tell me your experiences, since it is the first time I travel and I am a little nervous.
Thank you!

Lauura26's profile photo
Lauura26
08/20/2016 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Lauura26, carries all the insulin in hand luggage, do not think of putting it in the suitcases that are billed.I use the cold portfolios for those trips that refrigerate the insulin well.No need to go in the boxes.Just in case ask the doctor to make a report.Do not worry that they will not put any paste at any airport, they have never put it to several countries in Europe.As a curiosity I have to tell you that at the Berlin airport when I was going to take the flight back to Spain I forgot to take out the bottle of water from my backpack and they made me go to throw the bottle to a nearby container and the insulin did notThey said absolutely nothing

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/20/2016 6:29 p.m.

@joseludi I will do, thanks for answering !!

Lauura26's profile photo
Lauura26
08/20/2016 6:32 p.m.

You have the doctor's report in some post on this subject, it is in several languages ​​so that you only have to sign the doctor.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/20/2016 6:53 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Uvi thanks for the info !!!

Lauura26's profile photo
Lauura26
08/20/2016 7 p.m.

Here you have a model of the teasedeladiabetes.com
Link

I have never put problems, it is more always like to make myself see and I say that the bomb and the meter I cannot go through the arches, they say that the laboratories but I do not trust.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/20/2016 7:28 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar okay, thank you !!

Lauura26's profile photo
Lauura26
08/20/2016 8:47 p.m.

I have made my first trip by plane today ....., with report
I've been with this for more than 15 years and traveling a lot and they have never told me anything.This year, as I have been with a report on the two trips that I have but in bucket
As @joseludi says about the airports is from traca.They throw you a colony because it passes in a ml of the quantity and insulin or mu '.What do you give you to tell them, do you know that with this ball and this needle could load the pilot?:)) :))

nacho's profile photo
nacho
08/22/2016 11:08 p.m.

@Nacho Be careful to see if they make us insulin to get on the plane and make us carry needles that bend hahaha

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/22/2016 11:33 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

nacho said:
I have made my first air trip today ....., with report
I've been with this for more than 15 years and traveling a lot and they have never told me anything.This year, as I have been with a report on the two trips that I have but in bucket
As @joseludi says about the airports is from traca.They throw you a colony because it passes in a ml of the quantity and insulin or mu '.What do you give you to tell them, do you know that with this ball and this needle could load the pilot?:)) :))

Well, you had to have seen what happened after throwing the bottle to the container.The container was 4 meters and in view of the security guard.As soon as I returned next to him, he fell back to me with a detector (and that I had blamed me before), of insulin, needles and other no problem

DiabetesForo
08/23/2016 12:07 a.m.

nacho said:
I have made my first air trip today ....., with report

Well, you had to have seen what happened after throwing the bottle to the container.The container was 4 meters and in view of the security guard.As soon as I returned next to him, he fell back to me with a detector (and that I had blamed me before), of insulin, needles and other no problem

DiabetesForo
08/23/2016 12:07 a.m.

jconegar said:
@nacho be careful to see if they make us insulin to climb to the plane and make us carry needles that bend hahaha

Or that, or make us take a license to use needles and feathers, hehehe

DiabetesForo
08/23/2016 12:10 a.m.

Yes, and because we are honest, but you have never thought that a madman could lite it on a train, plane, ... with this?They make us believe that for not putting creams and others we are sure and we put "possible weapons" and apparatus and do not detect them ...

nacho's profile photo
nacho
08/23/2016 12:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.