{'en': 'Diabetic Neuropathy', 'es': 'Neuropatia diabetica'} Image

Diabetic Neuropathy

ermin's profile photo   08/26/2016 2 a.m.

Hello!

I am Ermin de Colombia, I have had type 1 diabetes year ago and something from my 22 years, I also diagnosed me diabetic neuropathy and I would like to know if I will have to take remedies forever or there is future improvement.

Thank you.

ermin's profile photo
ermin
08/26/2016 2 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Unfortunately, type 1 diabetes has no cure.Diabetic neuronatia is a complication more developed by diabetes for bad control of it.You say that you have diagnosed you 1 year ago to have that complication you have had to be with diabetes much longer than you think and when ignoring you have taken a bad or no control and therefore that complication.Now it's time to take care of you and that neuropathy doesn't go anymore.Follow the treatment of injecting insulin, eating healthy and exercising for a lifetime ... for now ... while there is no cure.Welcome to the @ermin forum

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/26/2016 10:13 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Hello Ermin, and what treatment do you have?
How long does the diagnosis of neuropathy?

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
08/26/2016 12:10 p.m.

I am not an expert, but carrying a good metabolic control (good glycosylated go) and with medication, they say that neuropathy tends to refer.Is that so?

albertot's profile photo
albertot
08/26/2016 12:41 p.m.

ps I have a treatment with carbamaceepine, domperidone, olanzapine and others, 1 year ago I have neuropathy

ermin's profile photo
ermin
08/26/2016 7:47 p.m.

@ermin, neuropathy improves with good control. What are you carrying the glucosilada?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/26/2016 8:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

BN although now I am having inconvenience to lose weight

ermin's profile photo
ermin
08/27/2016 12:24 a.m.

Hello, last summer I was diagnosed with mild neuropathy without any medication for being mild and practically asymptomatic.But the truth is that for weeks I have involuntary movements in different parts of the body when I am at rest for example in the wrist, knee, a foot, head ... like this on several occasions but it always happens at rest.Has anyone happened to him?
I have pending to go to another neurologist because I have gone to me for not having anything serious and tell me that these involuntary movements are for anxiety

Thank you

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
04/11/2022 1:15 p.m.

Hello everyone.
I have diabetic neuropathy with symptoms (tingling, lack of sensitivity and minor difficulties of movement in lower extremities) for a couple of years, it appeared to me just after confinement by COVID, I suppose that it influenced being several months without exercising andThey accelerated the symptoms.

It is strange about involuntary movements, but it could also be.

Diabetic neuropathy usually appears after many years with diabetes.It is a problem, because since the symptoms appeared, despite carrying good control with insulin pump, it remains the same or worse ...

I do not know, in my case there is no way to improve, and curiously the symptoms appeared for me a few months after putting on the bomb.I cannot think of the bomb has something to do, it is supposed to be because of the result of being the first years of illness with bad control.

Anyway, I suppose each person is a world, and there will be cases of all kinds, so much force and take care to see if it improves you.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
04/17/2022 2:23 p.m.

Just in my debut, when I started to put insulin, I had a very strong and incapacitating neuropathy, unbearable itching, pains throughout my body, hypersensitivity in the skin ... It lasted approximately year and a half taking medications that struck me but did not paliar thesymptoms.Little by little it happened to me, so don't worry that everything happens.

Alboreca's profile photo
Alboreca
05/18/2022 10:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.