Electromyography

Cristina1975Madrid's profile photo   11/18/2015 7:47 p.m.

Hello everyone!Today I have gone to my endocrine at the San Carlos Clinical Hospital and given my poor metabolic control, it has told me that they will make a comprehensive evaluation of diabetes in Modesto Lafuente, they do all the tests the same day.Any of you have done something similar?What tests will they include?He told me that they evaluate the status of the nerves and the circulatory system, the eyes, ... anyway.I fear that they are going to make an electromyography, with the yuyu that gives me!

Cristina1975Madrid's profile photo
Cristina1975Madrid
11/18/2015 7:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They have done some but they are simple priebas, do not wait for a mega review, at least to me: they looked at my sensitidd in my feet with the filament, no electromyography, a dopler to see the circulation of the feet, weightand proportion of muscle/fat mass.Background but dilate and I think nothing more ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/18/2015 8:48 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello gala, the filament is done to me in the same consultation of the endocrine quite frequentThey have done it to me but I have understood that it is quite unpleasant.Although the endocrine has told me that the tests they are going to do are not painful.Have you also sent it to you at the San Carlos Clinical Hospital?

Cristina1975Madrid
11/18/2015 9:02 p.m.

Do not worry if they make you elctromography, they are clicks anything and some cramp, it is not a dish of pleasure but it hurts more any control we do, it is that there are very exaggerated people ...
I have made me 2, one because they bothered my feet at night, which came out normal and another that fell and broke my wrist and other buses of my hand and then noticed it and bounced it and I made it tooOn their feet because they were doing a studio in diabetics and came to egg and also came out normal.
Don't be afraid that it takes 10 minutes

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/18/2015 9:09 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

That is what happens to me, that my feet hurt me a lot and they bother me at night, they brief me, they burn ... and the hand more than the same, with the cold they stay as padded and burn me.Let's see what they do to me ... thanks Gala!

Cristina1975Madrid
11/18/2015 9:12 p.m.

Hi @Cristina1975Madrid.Alberto was made an electromyography a year ago.I was with him.It is not painful, if unpleasant.You "click" electrodes to the muscle, they are very thin, almost like the copper thread of electricity cables.Once it is punctured, they measure the response of the nerves that reach the muscle.They will ask you to contract the "punctured" muscle.They usually use it to see if you have any nervous complication. Alberto did it in the muscles of the extremities (arms and legs).

I already tell you, it is not painful, if unpleasant, it gives a bit of "grrima."

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
11/18/2015 9:14 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

They did it to me on the wrists to see if I had carpal tunnel syndrome and nothing hurts.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/18/2015 9:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.