Pumpkin cake (ideal for diabetics)

nina45's profile photo   11/21/2015 11:25 a.m.

Hello, everyone.The promised thing is debt .. I promised to bring you a recipe designed exclusively for diabetics ... Ideal for time of the year we are since winter is a time of pumpkin ... (you found it all year in packaging in Mercadona).
The perfect cake exists!Let me say that the properties of pumpkin are multiple (search in Google) and among them, the power to regulate glucose ... behind my mother's times, where pumpkin should not be eaten because it was "very sweet"... now ... quite the opposite !!
Tell you that in my particular case it produces me rather low values ​​and when I should make a "powerful" meal like Paella.We have proven a similar effect in other members of my family afflicted with diabetes (the most intense mine perhaps because of my tendency to hypos and not hyper) ... so those who dare to try, please say saying that it feels you (Porfi, Porfi ... ^ :) ^).It is not a scientific theory but if it works ... the point is that by the way we can do as a "small study" on this family theory that we have ... (the same happens only to us).
In August we celebrated compliant and this year we ate paella (I a good dish) and then this cake filled with homemade sugar -free orange jam and with black chocolate coverage (more than 70% cocoa) with evaporated milk ... at twoHours was 80 from sugar ... I logically did not ate three pieces of cake, but I ingested an identical portion to others (moderation is essential) ... The pastry teacher is my daughter who has a pastry website and makesEverything with Foudant ... This is his favorite cake and his recipe that asks me to share with you and enjoy his health!It is the star recipe of our diabetic and fantastic family for those who are not ... the taste of pumpkin (creed me) is not noticeable and it is very spongy (laughs of the yogurt or the classic cake) ... the combinations that youYou do is your liking ... (Filling of cream of smoothie cheese with sugar is for me one of the best mixtures ...
In a next post the recipe passed

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/21/2015 11:25 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Pumpkin cake
Just a few more things ... I spend the complete recipe.It gives you for a very complete cake and weighs Mogollon.If you want less quantity, you reduce it by half (the amounts of recipe ingredients) ... it takes a long time to bake ... like an hour ... if you bake less, you still are raw inside ... (Ihalf cooking, I cover it with albal so that it does not burn and continue to do).Essential to use kitchen or thermomix swinging and weighing the ingredients that if it does not come out ...
AAAH and how the entire noooo resort you can open the oven in the first 20 minutes.If you put in the lower part of the oven a pyrex with water to make "steam" effect, better than better (those who do not have a super-opening with this function)
It is incredible, but a "delicate" cake to do (for precision and know the tricks that is then easy)

Ingredients:
- 400 grams of cooked pumpkin (in raw about 500 grams are used as it reduces its weight)
-400 grams of flour
-400 gr of sugar (do not be scared because it has a lot of sugar that is compensated with the pumpkin)
- 4 eggs
-150 of cold whole milk (Yo de Nevera)
- 150 sunflower oil
-2 about Royal type yeast for cakes (do not be scared that you will see that it does not upload much)
-Neces (optional)
- Liquor (optional)
Pela and chop the pumpkin.They are put like 500 grams of raw pumpkin in the micro at the maximum power of 3 in 3 minutes and until it is soft (vigilad does not burn).Of it use only 400 gr (return to make it the exact amount).
In a bowl put the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, milk, oil and crush until very fine ...
Add the flour and yeast all together sifting it with a large strainer (I use one of the Chinese ... I put the flour and with the other hand I tap to the strainer until everything falls ... This is done because soften the flourIt always gives spongy to cakes hehe).
Crush well again ..
Then it is added if you want alcohol (Cogñac, Ron, Cintreau looks great) and chopped nuts ...
A mold is greased by the ass and the sides with margarine.A little flour is sprinkled and distributed with taps from the other hand.Then put the mold face down in the spicy to remove excess flour (essential so that the cake does not stick).Put the dough and let stand a little while weating the hyon ... put in the preheated oven 10 minutes between 180 and 200 degrees (according to each oven) and bake about 50 minutes (remember not to open an oven until 20 minutes and cover if you areI give you too much with Albal).
If you get in Volcan Plan (with copete), you have given too much heat to the dough and you already know for the next time) .. What my daughter and I do in those cases is to cut a very fine layer (for exampleWith sedal thread for fishing) of the cover (we already have a special apparatus for laminar cakes) .. we turn the lid, putting the part that was external and is toast in volcan and that has been cracked (Copete) Inward ... and Hale Hop!You are ready to cover ... it does not show since it carries coverage and will be super smooth hehe ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/21/2015 11:51 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

Chocolate coverage (always with the cake already cold)
(It can be done with evaporated milk - more healthy - or with cream)
Use the same amount of cream (or evaporated milk) as chocolate (heavy)
Chop chocolate into a bowl.Boil the cream.Remove from heat and pour the liquid over chocolate (black of more than 70% cocoa is more suitable for diabetics).With a whipper stirring well (hot) until mixed or league.Let stand 1 clock minute and beat again.
Then and without letting cool, throwing over the cake.When cooling solidifies and so that the leftover chocolate is not "ugly", you can try to clean the dish by removing the remains of chocolate with a roma -to -end knife and passing a slightly moistened kitchen role on the plate (or changing source,But it is a riskier option if you don't have much practice, since it can break ...).
Chocolate coverage League and unifies the cake well ...
A good benefit to everyone and remember your opinions for pleasure and above all what effect it produces in your glycemia (you do not cheat hahaha and you get "Moraos" hehehe).
"Sweet" kisses

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/21/2015 noon

Ultima glicosila 6

Here you have an example.It is the baptism of my granddaughter made by my daughter and me (I only part of the pumpkin cake ... the decoration and merit is her thing).

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/21/2015 12:07 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

This in more chocolate version with kid kats, conguitos and lacasitos ...
This is the one I told you that I ate a piece in August ... (the cake is the same: the pumpkin).To get it so high, we made a cake and half of the ingredients in another cake, superimposed one on the other ... chocolate coverage and like that (hot chocolate) is "sticky" joined one one by one the kitkats and a thread of cooking was tied around ... it is covered with whatever you want ... it cools in fridge, you remove the rope and ready !!
It is perfect for children's birthdays ..

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/21/2015 12:10 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

We did it once too (only the "lacasito" inside that the outside no ...).It is easy and is used to eat but we do not do it because it is very sweet ....
If your children are skilled, you can let them make the monigote to them with plastion ... You will not be able to eat it, but they will have it as a toy-recreational .. it lins it well with chocolate, you varnish it and they will have it a lot of time.Kisses

nina45's profile photo
nina45
11/21/2015 1:10 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

@Nina45.Hi Nina.My name is Belen and I am Type I diabetics, I would like to know if you take pumpkin pastel, and since you do not face sugar.

Belenes's profile photo
Belenes
02/13/2016 8:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Nina What do you say about sugar is impressive, do you put the same proportion of pumpkin and white sugar and your glucose lowers you, does anyone else tried it?

mariacarremayor's profile photo
mariacarremayor
05/31/2016 1:12 p.m.

Hello at two.
Let's go in parts that Jack said the raipador hahaha ...
Let's see is not about infringe to sweet.Common meaning is essential.Small portions but yes, pumpkin in general regulate glucose and that is why the pumpkin cream is so advisable ... it gives me hypoglycemia so I must monitor ... That is why my daughter made this adaptation for me, of an originalPastel carrot ... try it, nothing is seen at all pumpkin ...
We no longer do any other and by the way, the most juicy-noted that you have tried ... unlike others, we must not get drunk, or fill it because it dries.As a simple sponge cake is great!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/02/2016 11:16 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Look another example ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/03/2016 7:28 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Blessings!
Diabetes is a disease in which many care is required because it is a delicate condition.In Mexico, some studies have been done on the targetic properties of the cactus in the case of diabetes and some special foods for diabetics have also been made.By the way I take advantage and I recommend this site where you will find pastry advice. Link

Blessings and greetings!

marlenp's profile photo
marlenp
07/29/2016 9:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.