Glucose consumption according to brain activity

Ainhoa's profile photo   08/29/2016 4:29 p.m.

Today I have one of those days that you get up and gives you to ask you chorras d those in plan "to which the clouds smell"
I've always wondered one thing.We know that the brain consumes glucose, I read that 130 grs per day, more or less 5'6mg per 100 grams of brain tissue.But I imagine that this consumption will be calculated based on normal, standard brain activity, and this, like physical activity, experiences logical variations, I imagine that you do not make the same mental effort seeing me saving me that doing a quantum physics exam ...glycemia?I already warned that it was a drip question: P

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/29/2016 4:29 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

@-)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/29/2016 4:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I know, already hahahaha, I'm fatal 8-}

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/29/2016 4:52 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

I am reading glucose and mental performance.
Now I am long on the couch, reading and with savage me on TV, will I be spending glucose from my brain?:)) Uffff something else to consider;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/29/2016 5:02 p.m.

Well, that are things that scientists should affirm.Personally (perhaps only an impression- accentige) I have associated hypoglycemia after hours of study.It is still an exercise and as such it takes energy to perform it.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
08/29/2016 5:22 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

@Ainhoa ​​of course that yes, although sometimes, I do not know the hypoglycemia, since when the brain goes to all h*stia it is because it is stressed preparing exams and such, and the stress rises sugar and others ... we are aAndante clinical trial hahaha

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
08/29/2016 5:26 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Hahaa, I also asked myself many times, my daughter studying 4 hours, consumes almost the same glucose as an hour of gym., Well, approximate calculation.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/29/2016 5:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@ainhoa ​​I will not do more sport hehehe.Never noticed me, the glucose has lowered me for studying, surely the nerves have compensated with the descent hahaha.
Nor when I have studied something that I like and I have not been nervous.
I am also annoyed because now I am seeing myself for another mess that my hair has fallen for being sweet, you have to bother, another thing for diabetes, surely being sweet I slipped and I fell.I thought it had been for times of strong tension or lack of vitamins.
I give my diabetes to whom I love it and pay the MCG Dexcom G4.
;)

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/29/2016 5:51 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Ainhoa ​​I think it is not a chorra question, in fact, here it has been commented and I believe that I have come to experience it on the subject of night nightmares and hypoglycemia, when you have a nightmare sleeping the brain has a higher activityof the normal and often occur glucose drops so surely that some cause effect should be there but I am not going to eat my head a lot I will not lower the postpandral ...: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/29/2016 10:18 p.m.

I study several hours every day and do not notice greater glucose consumption.At least significant.But each one is a world.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/31/2016 2 a.m.

My daughter wakes up with nightmares when she is low, but I think it is hypoglycemia that causes her nightmare ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/31/2016 3:27 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

A curious question of course ... I do not think that only mental effort is able to create a hypo in itself ... but it is a personal opinion.

ranty's profile photo
ranty
09/08/2016 2:07 p.m.

Well, the question is not banal.I did it to my endo because I do I have hypos for brain wear.
I work sitting in an office, let's not burn hydrate due to physical exercise, but in an hour to the rhythm that I work they give me hypos if I am not above 100.
I consulted it and told me that with how active and nervous I am it is normal.That eats more, every 3 hours.... And I do that to survive.
I have a stressed season ... I don't see a peak upwards in free, not even at breakfast eating the same.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/08/2016 2:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@ruthbia and what do you comment cannot be for an excess of basal?I say it for the similarity of the symptoms ...

ranty's profile photo
ranty
09/08/2016 6:05 p.m.

Extrapolating that if you study one and have strong brain activity, glucose is consumed and there may be hypoglycemia ...

See Save Me can cause strong hyperglycemia for the absence of cerebral activity use :))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/08/2016 6:33 p.m.

Joseludi said:
extrapolating that if you study one and have strong brain activity, glucose is consumed and there may be hypoglycemia ...

See Save Me can cause strong hyperglycemia for the absence of cerebral activity :))

(Come on, it would be the equivalent of lying down and not doing any physical activity)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/08/2016 6:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.