Recent debut

Zarote's profile photo   11/25/2015 10:06 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am the mother of a 5 -year -old diabetic girl who debuted 2 months ago, two months in which our life has changed to become ... I don't even know how to express it ... (this is so complicated).I do not believe that this will be his life, schedules, routines, restrictions, control and more control, how I explain to a five -year -old girl who asks me that why I do that, that it is for his good, that it is becauseI love her more than myself.How to help her normalize her life if I am the one who did not accept the disease?It may be a short time ... And suddenform and discover that they are sane, that it can be achieved, and that they normalize the situation and help ... I'm glad to know that there are many moms in my similar situations, which have been able with all this nonsense that we have had to live,Thanks for the tips and experiences.

Zarote's profile photo
Zarote
11/25/2015 10:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Little by little, .. my daughter also started with 5 years and has 26, and is a healthy and happy girl.
Within 20 years the treatment will be totally different and will avoid complications.
Take care of it a lot, but do not overwhelm, that everything will do well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/25/2015 11:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, I thank you, you don't know what comforts me to hear this of someone who has really lived it, thanks again

Zarote's profile photo
Zarote
11/26/2015 3:26 a.m.

Hi, my daughter Sara (3 years old) debuted now a year.And a phrase that had left the nurse who attended her was that "the healthiest children / adolescents they knew were diabetic, since they must make a very balanced diet, exercise and are very responsible."He also told us that we would not stop doing anything with her that he would like to do or participate in the same thing as his teammates.You just have to "think about everything."nothing else (and nothing less).Cheer up

mogi's profile photo
mogi
11/26/2015 7:26 a.m.

My son debuted with 18 months now has 2 years, and I understand you perfectly, even if I am a diabetic, it is very difficult for me to assimilate that my son TB is.

As our "luck" tell you that science advances and that in 10-15 years there is still a better treatment.

What now seems super complicated then you will see it normal and you will control diabetes better than doctors.

He explains to your daughter at all times what you do, because now we click your finger to know the sugar you have, and now we put x insulin plus 1 because you are with xxx, and to repeat she will understand it and know what to do inAccording to what situations, because the thing is that she handles the disease, do not forget it, she is diabetics.
With 5 years you can already click her finger, which will also do it better than your PQ will do less damage.

I encourage, and do not forget that there are many with the same problem and that we all have the life that we "want".

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/26/2015 9:29 a.m.

Hi, @zarote, my daughter was diagnosed in June.And the questions you ask I still ask them.During this time I have learned that our children are much stronger than us.My daughter is now beginning to know how to adjust the doses when sometimes a whim is not arrived or allowed, and the emotion she feels when she sees that she has done well is priceless.It motivates your little one in that way and when the controls go well celebrate them, and if they do not go out, do not overwhelm, I saw a 200 and desperate me, but here I have learned, that it is better not to see it, but that everything is possible andwithout finding a reason.
A few days ago I met a mother that her daughter was diagnosed with four and a half years, now she has twelve, and according to her doing so she has an advantage, that her daughter does not remember her life without controls and without insulin.
A lot of patience and above all a lot of mood Zobe, I live in the hope that one day our children will see a cure and above all that the treatments will improve.For what you need here you have us.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/26/2015 10 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you very much, I can hardly answer without my tears jumping, it is difficult to speak in the family so openly when all what they want to hear after 2 months, is that everything is going well and that you are fine, I have chosen x say goodAlways even if there are times when the room where I am running out of air, just like the moment when the doctor confirmed the diagnosis that we already suspected ... now spent this time my husband and I are better controlling the situation but there are momentsThat our logic does not understand, now the fever that has these days is unraveling us, we do not know whether to increase quickly because we are dead of fear.I realize that we now live the moment and that two days are not the same even if we do the same routine, and they are very right, we are learning with each "error" because many of my questions doctors do not answer them exactly, I suppose that because because because because becauseYou can't ... Hopefully soon I feel as strong as you seem, thanks from the heart.

Zarote's profile photo
Zarote
11/26/2015 12:36 p.m.

Hi @zarote !!!My son was diagnosed 3 years ago, with 10 recently.Now we are in full adolescence, with all your swings.
I understand you perfectly, we all feel like that, but little by little diabetes will be one more of the family and will accompany you in everything, and I say everything because your child will do everything: he will go on an excursion, to sleep at friends' house ....You have to be special.
Iago when I was in the hospital said that the cure for diabetes would arrive when he was 20 years old, I hope it is true, and that every day they have a slightly easier life, with continuous meters, with intelligent insulin bombs....
It has the help you need, a hug

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/26/2015 12:43 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

@Zarote, at that age., It is better to adjust insulin in average in half unity ... there are jeinguillas and bolis that allow it, talk to it with the educator.
The smallest, 4 or 5 mm needles are enough and barely hurt.
You have to see what lowers half a fast ibsulina unit, to correct when it is high.
And you will have to increase the dose of slow and fast while the growth lasts.
Little by little..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/26/2015 4:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.