From the Pedro Sosa neighborhood to the railway station, Margarito Maldonado Perales travels aboard his wheelchair in search of food.

The last weeks have been very hard for this 57 -year -old man who was amputated by a leg because of diabetes mellitus, he also suffered a myocardial infarction, situations that prevent him from working.

“My mother was also diabetic, she died two weeks ago but she gave her a heart attack.He was 77 years old, only that she never amputated her legs. ”

Margarito's chair is very old, the tires are stunned in the street holes due to lack of “equipment”.

“I come from my house in the Pedro Sosa neighborhood to the station because there are invited lunch.But today the positions did not open and I'm going back.Some give me some coins and buy a liter of oil and some eggs, I look for those who cook them because I have no stove in my house. ”

The sickness took everything from Margarito's life, who began to show symptoms of the disease 15 years ago, when he still lived with his wife and daughter.

“I worked on the work, I was Yeso and did good jobs, I had to walk there in the planetarium next to my brother, my wife and daughter also had, but then we separated.I see my daughter in the center and I will not lie that still help me when they can because they pay rent. ”

Margarito lives alone and without any income because he is still a young man to receive the elderly supports.He only has his bed, dreams of having a stove and a gas tank to cook his food and not walk in the streets asking.

"The need is the one that makes me come here, because I cannot make any effort, I advance three blocks in the chair and stop to rest because I am agited a lot."

In addition to looking for food, you must also pay what corresponds to water and light, because it lives in a property that it shares with your brothers.

"Now that my mother died the situation has changed because my brothers no longer see me the same, I never ask for food, I know very well that I must get it for myself."

Thanks to his daughter, Margarito has Social Security.As soon as a few days ago it came out of a serious situation as a result of diabetes.

“Doctors tell me that I shouldn't fatigue myself in the chair.But if I stay at home I would starve. ”

If you have a stove that donates Margarito, even if it was half use, but in good condition;A gas tank, foods that do not require cooking such as canned and juices, please go to: 4 and 5 count of Sierra Gorda, number 1121 of the Pedro Sosa neighborhood.His home is located at the bottom of the property and can find Margarito after 4 in the afternoon.