Lisa Day was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when she was 14 years old.His body did not produce enough insulin so, to stay alive, he had to inject it daily and take care of his diet.

Lisa died on September 12, 2015, after suffering for years in diabulimia.

The term "diabulimia", which has not yet been medically recognized, refers to diabetics that deliberately apply very little insulin with the intention of losing weight.

Lisa's older sister, Katie Edwards, shared with the BBC extracts from the newspaper that her deceased sister wrote after receiving the diagnosis, to alert and illustrate the presence of a little known disorder.

"Just a week and one day for my birthday. Yeh. Yippii! I can't stand. I really love Sam. I don't see how he could love me because I'm so fat and ugly."

Lisa began writing the newspaper as soon as she learned that she suffered from type 1 diabetes, in September 2001.

December 26, 2001

"I feel really fat. I want to lose weight. I think weight about 57 kilos."

December 31, 2002

"I have to inject in a moment. I'm going to call Sam tonight to meet tomorrow. I just forced me to vomit twice."

While the pages are passing, Katie describes Lisa: "I was my minor sister. It was fun, but sometimes it would be. I had many friends. I loved life but one could notice that there was something there deeply that attracted her."

"I always had a sad shadow chasing her everywhere."

"Today I had bacon and sausages, and then I caused a vomiting and got rid of all that."

February 13, 2002

"Day without uniform. I feel so fat. Everyone looked well today less. I vomited my food today. I have to do my fast art homework."

March 5

"I am so happy and I feel very good. I have not eaten chocolate in 4 days and I have lost 6 kilos. Mike sent me a message last night and everything is fine. I have to learn not to blush."

"Weight 55.8 kg."

"I think I'm bulimica."

Katie says her sister was "very, very skinny" when they were on vacation in 2009.

Katie says she didn't realize how bad things were.She and her mother only found the newspaper recently.

"I'm not sure what started first: diabetes or feeding problems," Katie tells the BBC, while shears her sister's photos.

"But I know that before being diabetic, Lisa was completely happy, I ate what she wanted and had no food problem."

"When they diagnosed her, they told her to take a newspaper and write everything she was eating and recorded her sugar levels."

March 14

"I spend, forcing me to vomit because if I don't feel guilty for what I have eaten."

"Mike spent calling me and sending me messages. Sam no. I've lost 6 kilos, which is good."

March 15

"I feel so fat. I hate myself. Tomorrow I start working in a pet store. There is a dance in FC tomorrow, I go with Holly."

March 18

"I had a terrible 'hypo' to lunch. I was sitting with Mike and his girlfriend. I don't think I still think I'm attractive."

Almost all people who have type 1 diabetes suffer from "hypo" at some point.Hypos or hypoglycemia happen when blood glucose level is too reduced.

Among those who do not suffer from diabetes, the correct amount of insulin is produced at the time indicated so that the glucose level does not rise or fall too much.

But among those who suffer from type 1 diabetes, insulin, food and physical activity are sometimes not well balanced and glucose levels are affected.

Lisa, as is the case with many diabetics, "his sugar was lowered." April 30

"I went to dance and the gym today. I haven't caused vomiting for a long time! I saw Mike again today. A very boring day."

At that time, Lisa did not know about diabulimia.

"Lisa changed with diabetes," says her sister."Diabetics have to look a lot at what they eat and I think Lisa noticed too much."

"He came to the point of not eating any sauce, butter or anything. He ate half baked potatoes alone or a little cooked fish without oil or anything. And he lost a lot of weight."

List of food that scheduled to eat smooth every day of a week.

Lisa's "food programming" for the week in which I wanted to lose 3 kilos.Several days, apart from breakfast "with skim milk", he only wrote "Pope roasted with rice."

"I remember that once my mother gave her ice cream and was so proud to have eaten it, but she got sick because her stomach rejected him because he had not been eating enough," Katie recalls.

Of the newspaper:

"The insulin ended this morning. That is: I have enough until tonight, so I will have to take half of the amount I normally take."

May 29

"I hate being a diabetic. I can't eat whenever I want (how to have to eat at night) because I don't want to gain more weight."

Katie remembers how Lisa changed her eating habits as time passed.

"At first it was cunning," he didn't eat a lot, "but when they gave him the bomb, he realized that if he didn't take his insulin he lost weight anyway; if he didn't take it, he could eat the things he shouldn't."

An insulin pump is a device that works with batteries and provides insulin regularly throughout the day through a tiny and flexible tube inserted under the skin.

It can give those who suffer from type 1 diabetes plus flexibility.

August 15

"I have been doing exercises for the stomach and the back, and going to the gym every day. I can't do more or I'm going to die of exhaustion, but maybe that's good because I'm so fat."

"I better burn something I ate, jumping or something. Please let me die."

At this point, in 2002, Lisa's family had not realized how bad the situation was.

"Diabetics are in charge of their own care, they know how much insulin they need and depends on them," explains Katie.

"My family and I assumed that she knew what she was doing. There was nothing we could do and if she knew she was doing something ... basically she had her life in her own hands."

October 23

"I went to swim today and made about six pools. Boring. I have skim milk hidden in my room so as not to take so much fat from the semi -cut."

November 12

"I didn't go to school today. I've been writing this newspaper for a year."

"During the last year I became bulimic, but I am improving."

"I have lost more than 9 kilos. Now weight 47 kilos."

Of the newspaper:

"I just vomit some fried papites. Suddenly I try to vomit more. I'm so fat."

November 13

"I went back to school today. Lesley and Phoebe fought. I vomited a paste, I ate too much. I don't want to lose more weight before going to the hospital in two weeks."

November 25

"There is a month for Christmas! I really want to go to the hospital on Thursday, to be able to lunch without feeling guilty, but my weight scares me. I felt bad on Saturday because I did not eat where Holz."

4 December

"Joe and Tom sent a message. They told me that I am very attractive. Great, my weight loss is paying fruit."

Katie says that her sister fascinated "baking cakes and cooking curris", but adds that he ate them "because he did not take his insulin."

"With theTime, he realized that he could increase sugar in his blood, not take insulin, eat what he wanted and lose weight in any case. "

"It was not that he stuck desserts, soda or sweet, but when he tried to eat, he literally ate what he wanted."

Which caused horrible side effects and, according to Katie, "problems with his stomach and with his feet."

"It became worse and worse, and you can see it in this photo. Do you see how pink your cheeks are? That is one of the signals."

Lisa Day

"When one saw her, if her cheeks were in that color, one knew that insulin was not being taken," says Katie.
Lisa also began to suffer serious stomach pains.

"He had a condition that made when he ate, his stomach did not process the food and came out the same on the other side and gave him some terrible pain. He spent it entering and leaving the hospital between January and April of last year."

"They told him that this damage had been done for not using insulin well and that depressed it."

The next was one of the last things Lisa wrote in this newspaper.

June 23, 2004

"I feel as if I were to achieve, put my red dress again and lose about 6 or 9 kilos before September."

Lisa's mother still retains the very straight red dress that obsessed her daughter.

"Lisa said millions of times: 'That dress is my goal', which is very sad. He died to put it on."

"Since he died," says his sister, "I have realized everything she had to do and how difficult it should have been for her."

"I knew that she had to take insulin, but I didn't have to be.

"It's very sad. If Lisa had received help 10 years ago, maybe she would be with us because she would have taken care of," he laments.

Organizations such as the British DWED (diabetics with eating disorders) are campaigning for diabulimia - enable insulin to lose weight - is officially recognized as an eating and psychological disorder.

This Monday has been a year since Lisa died.

"It was the most horrible week of my life," says Katie.