{'en': 'Long naps could be a diabetes symptom', 'es': 'Las siestas largas podrían ser un síntoma de diabetes'} Image

Long naps could be a diabetes symptom

fer's profile photo   09/16/2016 6:32 p.m.

People who sleep naps for more than an hour during the day could suffer diabetes.A study presented during the European Association meeting for the study of diabetes maintains that it can be a warning sign of type 2 diabetes. The study, conducted by researchers from the University of Tokyo (Japan), has analyzed data from more than more than300,000 people.

Its results are conclusive: there is a relationship between long daytime naps of more than 60 minutes and a higher risk of type 2 diabetes, almost 45% higher, compared to those people who do not sleep naps during the day or that these areless than 40 minutes.

According to researchers, this need for long naps can be caused by sleep disorders potentially related to sleep apnea.And said sleep disorder could increase the risk of heart attacks, stroke, cardiovascular problems and other metabolic disorders, such as type 2 diabetes. In addition, sleep deprivation, caused by work patterns or social life, could alsolead to an increase in appetite, which could increase the risk of type 2 diabetes.

Senior study

This meta-analysis evaluated data from 21 observational studies that included 307,237 Asian and Western subjects and is based on the previous investigations of Dr. Volume Yamada on naps and drowsiness during the day and a higher prevalence of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.This study is the largest analysis carried out to date.

"The dream is an important component of our healthy lifestyle, as well as diet and exercise," says the researcher.But while short naps could have a beneficial effect on our health, we still do not know the strength of this effect or the mechanism by which it works ».

The dream is an important component of our healthy lifestyle, as well as diet and exercise volume yamada
Even so, the results demonstrate a need to carry out more research on how people's sleep habits influence metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular diseases.

Yamada believes that future research should try to identify possible cardiovascular benefits of short naps, as well as the mechanism by which long naps, daytime drowsiness and metabolic syndrome are influenced.And he warns that although this study included data of more than 300,000 participants, it may not be representative of the world population.

Source: ABC.com

fer's profile photo
fer
09/16/2016 6:32 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I know because I like to sleep the nap, a bad roll everything that is put on.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/16/2016 10:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well, I believe that a good nap helps take care of the heart, because while you sleep you relax and lower blood pressure;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/17/2016 1:50 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You will not have to see getting up every day at 7.00 or before to go to work, take full of all day and bed at 24.00 or later, every day of the week.I think a nap of 2 h could be considered logical on Saturday, right?At least that is my case: P (and that of my partner and that he is not diabetic, well only type 3, of companion: P)

valky's profile photo
valky
09/25/2016 1:08 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Sleeping nap a moderate time is fine.For any person worth its salt, a nap too long causes us to get a little fatal.And now, speaking of diabetes, personally when I sleep more from the account a nap is an unequivocal symptom that I have glucose high.

pike's profile photo
pike
09/30/2016 9:53 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.