{'en': 'They confuse a diabetic child with a terrorist when visiting the Eiffel Tower', 'es': 'Confunden a un niño diabético con un terrorista al visitar la Torre Eiffel'} Image

They confuse a diabetic child with a terrorist when visiting the Eiffel Tower

fer's profile photo   09/26/2016 5:19 p.m.

Samuel, a 14 -year -old boy, has been treated as a terrorist at the Eiffel Tower.Samuel suffers from type 1 diabetes, despite certifying the disease, the guards banned access.

The child was treated as a terrorist after suspecting the security guards of his bag to guadar the material with the glucose meter, insulin .... The family of five Austrian members was in tourism in the French capital.

A security guard was checking the family's backpacks in search of weapons and explosives when he located the glucose meter inside the pocket of one of the children, Samuel, 14, according to The Local.

In addition, you must carry an insulin patch on your arm."They have even damaged a sterile emergency syringe (the glucagon kit), which was still in the package," the child's mother has lamented.

Although Samuel's father showed the international medical card certifying the child's diabetes, it was not enough for the guards to allow access to the well -known tower.

After the terrorist attacks that have shaken France, the country has increased security measures.

"We do not want other sick children to experience a similar fact," said Samuel's mother, who has written a lawsuit to the Austrian embassy in Paris.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/26/2016 5:19 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Unfortunate :-(

I would like to know more about that "international medical card" that certifies that someone has diabetes ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/26/2016 8:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Already, do you know where the card is achieved?
I remember 10 years ago that at the Paris airport they did not leave us up to the plane until the commander did not give his approval, for the syringes.But in moments of extreme surveillance there are cases like this ..., and feel very bad ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/26/2016 8:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Incredibly outrageous ... a child on top

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/26/2016 9:17 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

How strong right?I thought it was a joke ... but what happens that in France there are no diabetics?

I went up to the tower 4 years ago, and they did not slap me .... people with this terrorism are very susceptible.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
09/27/2016 11:38 a.m.

In my experience very well, we even went with an insulin microinfusora, the emergency package and the glucagon, zero problems both the airport and in the same tower.In fact it is one of the few countries that do not ask me of insulin microinfusora.They already know her and for the inputs they do not put special.

Abelpoblano's profile photo
Abelpoblano
06/26/2019 1:45 p.m.

😑🤦‍♀️

sil's profile photo
sil
06/26/2019 9:48 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

It does not surprise me we have to take a number of devices that are not normal

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/28/2019 4:55 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41, I agree.And here the superdiabetic mantra clashes.
We are not normal people.To start an insulin ball can be a mortal weapon.I do not tell you with insulin bomb, continuous meter, conventional therapy, glucagon and all the spare parts that we must carry in the backpack ...

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/01/2019 5:07 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Let's see but what is being a normal person?: D There are people who go with adrenaline x if a wasp.
This is total ignorance and wasting time, making people who are doing a super vigilance and to prove it to a child ... it seems unfortunate to me.
I have traveled a lot x Europe, another little in America and recently I have returned from two countries in Africa, and see that we have spent controls, in none I have cache or asked x insulin, dexcom or glucagon ...

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
07/02/2019 8:37 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Well, they have blacked me every time at the Miami airport.And they pass me through my hands, body and pump insulin some paper detectors of something ... I have already assumed it, it does not seem aggressive or anything.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/02/2019 10:46 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I went to Paris last month and went up to the tower, pass the backpack through the scanner and without any problem, a penalty for the boy, hopefully it does not affect him psychologically

pamagic's profile photo
pamagic
07/04/2019 5:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.