{'en': 'Can a diabetic type I stop injecting insulin?', 'es': '¿Un diabético tipo I  puede dejar de inyectarse insulina?'} Image

Can a diabetic type I stop injecting insulin?

martina3444's profile photo   09/28/2016 4:29 p.m.

Do you fatten insulin?

msp80s's profile photo
msp80s
12/18/2020 10:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

msp80s said:
Do you fatten the insulin?

No, insulin alone does not fat.Genen if you have insulin resistance, for example in type 2 diabetes is usually fattening when they guide insulin.But it is not a problem of insulin itself, it is that the body does not use it as it should.To reverse insulin resistance it is best to take careExercise that can especially improve insulin resistance.In addition to that, sleep enough, avoid stress ... healthy life in general.The fasts also help but not everyone is prepared to do them, this carries a process and you cannot feed 5 times a day to 2 suddenly.If there are not enough knowledge, it is best to find a nutrition professional for the food and for the exercise a coach.

In someone without resistance, insulin does not fattens whenever a good diet is carried.Even if you have no resistance if you eat why or much more than your body needs logically fattening, but the fault is not of insulin.Insulin if it is done healthy works as it should and it doesn't matter if your pancreas produces it or you inject it.The problem comes when there are no good habits that there is insulin stores excess glucose in the form of fat, but the problem is excess glucose, not insulin.
I punctuate the doses I need to be in normal glucose values ​​and those doses are varying to seasons or days but I keep my weight without problem.But as I am very healthy, I exercise (much of strength and some cardio), I try to sleep 8 hours, I am not stressed ... so I do not get fat even though in some times I put more insulin than in others.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/18/2020 12:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I disagree a bit that insulin does not fat and that the fault is food.Not in all cases.
And it is not for insulin resistance.
Each body is a world.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/19/2020 10:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I summarize my case:
- Months losing weight with tiredness and thirst (4 years ago, with 39) I start to hurt a kidney and meo blood.
- I am diagnosed with type1 diabetes when changing jobs and doing analysis.
- Severe ketoacidosis, I don't go to the hospital for work.
- The body reacts well to insulin, eliminating ketoacidosis.
- Since then OK.

What they have said here is true without more, without insulin is sure death.

Merry Christmas to all

freesoft's profile photo
freesoft
12/20/2020 5:07 p.m.

43 años (debut Diabetes tipo 1 hace 4)
Toujeo 26 Unidades + apidra 5 en comidas (variable)
Basal 70 - 110
A1c: 5,6 (puro del endocrino por dar tan baja)

MARTINA344.Look here in Venezuela there is a very Venezuelan phrase that says "That is a crazy road", your friend apologizes to me. Do you know an endocrinologist?, I do not believe because a responsible person does not do that, particularly the following happened to me in aOf my first quotes with my endocrinologist he told me "any activity that is out of the ordinary, you let me know, they call me in the company where I worked and tell me that I had to start a night shift, I started and gave chanceThat I performed some laboratory exams and glycemia was altered, and I launch the doctor and told him, he asked me if I was doing something different than normal, I made accounts and said it, I am working at night, the doctor meHe recalled that I had to warn him, for him to make the settings, because I was taking the medications that were the day I was taking them at night and that I had been able to produce a decrease in glycemia while I slept, he realizes the serious thing of noFollow the doctor's orders.Be careful, with that kind of friends.Alfredo from Venezuela.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
12/20/2020 6:51 p.m.

Merchedm, with the apology, that the friends who contribute their knowledge deserve, 22 years ago when I debuted with my dábetes, I had a co -worker who was diabetic type1, I took him to diabetic meetings I recommended my endocrine,He ignored, was a musician of the municipal band, and liked the cane and rumba, the last thing I knew was that they were already dializing it, I saw it once from the hand of his son, because he no longer saw,These are the consequences of not taking this condition seriously.Alfredo, from Venezuela.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
12/20/2020 7:04 p.m.

By the way @yessica_a very good your comment I think exactly the same.And my new endocrine hit my touch for carrying 5.6 glyd when the other was happy how it carried the subject.And they changed me on the subject of study and that I would put freestyle and nothing said that in my case it was not necessary ...

freesoft's profile photo
freesoft
12/20/2020 7:24 p.m.

43 años (debut Diabetes tipo 1 hace 4)
Toujeo 26 Unidades + apidra 5 en comidas (variable)
Basal 70 - 110
A1c: 5,6 (puro del endocrino por dar tan baja)

Martina344 said:
Hello,

I am 17 years old and 2 years ago I have type I diabetes.

A friend of mine, also of my age they were diagnosed a year ago, and two months ago he stopped injecting insulin like this because yes, he does not need it.But it seems impossible to me, since your diet deals with many hydrates (pizza, etc.) and also drinks enough beer (I don't know if it's bad in a diabetic).

Can someone tell me if this is possible?!

Surely not, so, what would be the consequences of not injecting insulin?

I would worry that something happened to him, besides that he stops injecting or consulted with his doctor.

Thank you!

Hello, it happened to me at age 17, I debuted with 13, and it came to me that a certain infusion on an empty stomach cured diabetes, it was 1983, of that you could not look at glycemia more than with the analytics of a lifetime,So I controlled the diet, the carbohydrates, and I did the analytics a month, it gave me a good result and relaxed, I thought I was replacing the puncture (of that it was only one in the morning) for the infusion ...
He gave me a flu and I was only sleepy, my parents alarmed and took me to the doctor, they entered me with an emergency and I was in intensive surveillance almost a week, they did not know if I would survive, once they took me out of danger I realized that I had afacial paalisis and also gave me an otitis with drilling that made me lose hearing
I have not left insulin again, play with the units as I need and I am perfectly balanced listening to my body
I share my experience, at that age and at that time there was no information or tools today, if you have a glucometer, go to your friend and make a control to know how their glucose is, or warn someone that theListen to look, if you can help you do not hesitate
a hug

RuthChari's profile photo
RuthChari
12/23/2020 2:36 p.m.

Desde 1979 diabetes tipo 1
Novorapid 2 - 3 - 2 y lantus 8

Of course, if you skip any food, you can cancel the rapid insulin dose, basal insulin I can remove about 72 hours a week, problems that are simple.60 interstitial glucose, problem being a lot of time with low glucose you lose sensitivity to hypos and other multiple things.I eliminate toujeo about 72 hours a week since AC1 has come down from pre -diabetes and if you continue to place the insulin daily as my endocrine doctor tells me increasingly asks me for more doses.I do not know if they censor what I am going to say but the insulins that any brand are designed by companies so that we increasingly need more doses and we make more expense as a chronic patient about their sensations and so on.I think that now with what has happened with the pandemia, it is time for everyone to fight for this to be heard by a doctor or a nurse carefully and that you begin to write in our electronic history what we feel and what happens to usI don't know about you but I take it to Rajatabla.A diabetic can skip some dose of insulin due to greater weight but would not have to do it.I do not know you but my cd4 leukocytes and CD8 attack my beta cells of the pancreas islets not producing insulin, that passes companions a good night

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/24/2020 9:06 p.m.

K5288pn25.

The answer is no, insulin is what gives us life

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
12/28/2020 3:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.