{'en': 'Glucose menstruation and mismatch', 'es': 'Menstruacion y desajuste de glucosa'} Image

Glucose menstruation and mismatch

Veronica14's profile photo   12/09/2015 8:47 p.m.

As you know, I am relatively new in this, but in the three menstruations the same is happening to me.
I have read that it is normal for glucose to raise.

The opposite happens to me 4-5 days before,

I get up with a normal measurement, breakfast of every day and at 2 hours I am 85 and going down ... when I normally have 160-180.

I think that these days I am more sensitive to insulin and very little to carbohydrates, since there is no way to rise.

Today it cost me 2 hours to keep it in 75 with Gullon cookies, and since there was no way because I have put a juice for the body, which has happened later you already imagine it, total award ...

If someone can tell me their experience ...

Thank you

Veronica14's profile photo
Veronica14
12/09/2015 8:47 p.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

@Veronica14 The opposite happens to me, the days before the period I notice enough insulin resistance.Anyway, each body is different, the important thing is that you know how yours works to anticipate.If you already know that these days you tend to be down you can lower the bowling of the meals and be more aware of the downs.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/09/2015 8:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, today I have put 2 units less at breakfast and food.
Before eating 131, after eating 132, at the time I was already in 90 and going down .... what despair!

Veronica14
12/09/2015 9 p.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

@Veronica14 It happens to me as to Inday, the week of before and the days of ovulation shoots me, I have more insulin resistance.Basal increase and meal bolus.
The rule days and even a few days later, and I have another lower basal dose.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/09/2015 11:36 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

To me, the week before, top resistance.And during too.Now I am taking contraceptives and I have noticed that it has uploaded an average of 10. If it was normal to be in nineties I am now in Cienes.I have uploaded the insulin and solved.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
12/10/2015 12:27 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Well there is another experience.The week of before and in ovulation insulin is like water.As soon as I begin with the constant hypos rule and then enough stability until the 15

Ele's profile photo
Ele
12/10/2015 10:56 p.m.

I had the high sugar the days before it came, but since I take contraceptives it is all more regular, before it was a continuous mismatch, I recommend you the pills if you already have a certain age, I started taking them at 33.
I am very antipastillas, so I do not recommend them if you have not had any crio and things of these.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/11/2015 11:57 a.m.

Well, without sounding very bad, almost envying you, within the menstruation context of course.I have been seeing for next month if I control it better.Thanks for your experiences

Veronica14
12/11/2015 3:11 p.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

Refloting thread, because today, if I don't share, I start crying or I get the mood as glycemia:-P

My experience:
I have the menstruation of cycles between 21 and 25 days, depending on the months.Before, until about four years ago, I had almost exact 28 days.Now, variable.And everything varies according to the growing or diminishing moon too (I do not care that there are no scientific studies that verify it for all women the same, each one affects us in one way: in my almost 44 years I have been able to verify well in myself in myselfthat some rules in diminishing have clear symptomatic and physiological effects on my body, and also in blood glucose, and in growing others).Of course, variations in glycemia are huge, and very difficult to prevent.

Today, for example, day 22 of the cycle and without knowing when I will lower my rule until a few hours before, I raise my glucose quickly when eating, and then it lowers me super fast too (that is what happened this morning,That the insulin-pico effect has been at two and a half and a half), so that if I am scared to see at the time 250 and I correct, then I have a hypo, so I have to wait to see, because every timeIt is a world.Now I am in 240 at the hour and a half of having eaten-injected.Endo tells me that he does not correct until two hours because he can give me a hiccup (and it happened to me, yes) but on the other hand, seeing that and waiting makes you anxiety, so one does not know what to do sometimes.I give him ten minutes, let's see ... :-)

It is as if insulin does not start to take effect until the hour and a half (when other times it starts much earlier).But of course, it is not easily predictable, because it is not the same in the morning as at noon, and because one is sometimes tired of thinking so much and does not give rise with a ball, because what you do seems that nothing adjusts ...

So the insulin resistanceIt is the latest effect, that is: it makes the same effect, but with delay, so you do more, you bother.There you have to play with the times;And no, it is not easy for me in some cycles, because I do not always have the same pattern.

Anyway, to measure and correct.To breathe and continue.Thanks, girls.

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
03/13/2017 4:20 p.m.

The only solution: Don't look an hour later.

If I know, I'm very sharp, but I see it that way.If you are diabetics, it is very difficult for you to be perfect at the time.Fast insulin are not so fast, they should be called casirapidas :))

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/13/2017 4:28 p.m.

anaisabel said:
the only solution: don't look an hour later.

If I know, I'm very sharp, but I see it that way.If you are diabetics, it is very difficult for you to be perfect at the time.Fast insulin are not so fast, they should be called casirapidas :))

Do you know what the problem is, or luck, as you look at it, @"Anaisabel"?That I (others do not know) I have very clear symptoms with those values ​​with which others do not know.I don't even tell you how I have the pressure in my head and the tingling and the capping of ears while it goes up to 250 ... I do not need to look at it, but if I look, I confirm.It is what there is.My body warns me, so I can also stop a hiccup before it reaches less than 60 (and the times it has dropped from 60 I can barely breathe and drive);Everything has its pros and cons, and there are things that one does not choose ...

imara's profile photo
imara
03/13/2017 4:39 p.m.

@Anaisabel, I like your way of taking things, somewhat laughing, it seems;Sometimes it is very useful to take it that way;others not (and not because everything is not perfect, but because it is painful or dangerous).That is why I prefer not to be sharp, because according to each one and every moment things work in a way.
In the end I have gone to walk quickly 30 minutes: at 15 I was going down.Now I'm fine, I haven't had to correct.Thus, there are pre-rules that I have super-swollen peaks, do whatever, and my body warns them (other times half an hour and nothing happens with blood glucose)

Thank you ;-)

imara's profile photo
imara
03/13/2017 5:49 p.m.

You have little with insulin, I hope you will happen to be calm.
I would never laugh at anyone what happens that as I see it simpler, that's why I'm so sharp, but I don't laugh.

Anaisabel
03/13/2017 6:33 p.m.

anaisabel said:
You have little with insulin I hope you happen to be calm.
I would never laugh at anyone what happens that as I see it simpler, that's why I'm so sharp, but I don't laugh.

I have been insulin little, yes, but many years of observing and knowing my body.I am calm most of the time.Simply, very difficult days (not only for glycemia but for a set of things) that is not easy to lead that "normal" life (and the norm is just that, a norm; there is no normality in reality, only diversityand variation)
And the laugh said it with love :-) I have not wanted to say that you laugh at anyone.I'm glad that it is always simple.For me sometimes yes, sometimes not
Hugs, and thanks for being ;-)

imara's profile photo
imara
03/13/2017 6:40 p.m.

It is not simple, it is at all.He who says otherwise lies.Careful encouragement, I hope you will see the simplest things soon and so everything will be easier.: x

Anaisabel
03/13/2017 6:59 p.m.

@"imara" happens to me like you.It will be that we have the same age .Ja, ha,
I was of every 28, now of 21-25 and the day and a half before ovular and menstruate insulin is "water", it takes effect two hours later.Especially in breakfasts, then low drastically in half an hour.
The rest of the meals are better, but I notice that it takes to lower the glucose to normal values.
As I have already seen in HIPOS per regular, step of 250-280 and I let it be up to 3 hours, if I see that it does not fall, then adjustment dose.

Once menstruate, that week I do not need quickly at meals and the slow down to 4 units to avoid hypos between meals, every 3 hours I have to eat.So 4 weeks of the month, I have an almost without insulin, one with resistance and another two "normal" within what is supposed to be diabetes: fast and slow.

Then Sumale, the affective hormonal roll ... depression, excessive joy, etc ..... come ... that I still remember an advertisement of years ago where a lady came out promoting compresses and saying she was superfeliz for being a woman..... ha ha ... what a grace ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/14/2017 10:41 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia", because there we are, on the way to the age of majority ...:
Well, women fit some things, others ... ;-;There are cycles that kick me and, honestly, there are times that things make things very difficult for you;is what there is :-)

In that of the corrections, I cannot leave it that high;With 250 I have to correct.But also the corrections work differently according to the moments, as I cannot say like you, that in the rules such and in the ovulations which ... it also varies.There are women who do not find out and others that we find so much that it even has a hard time breathing

Anyway, they are a little overwhelming days, so yesterday I gave myself a gift (leaving blame aside, which is also difficult, because sometimes one is too demanding with himself) that my mood took me away in a moment:I do not usually snack much or heavy, but light and healthy, without injected.Well, every so often, there are pre -rules that I am starving at all hours, which would spend the day eating and jumping around, girl guy, yes;And that if I don't mend (apart from the fact that glycemia lowers me) I put a humor of look at me and do not touch me:-so yesterday I solved it quickly and without so much overwhelming as other times (they are few, but they are so intense thatThey exhaust): I suck a donut, 2 integral cookies and fresh oat milk, and I stayed like a baby with new shoes;And of course ... with insulin.And walk around with the dog in the sun.

Ah!I forgot ... I slow now I am not touching it, by indication of the endo, and I see that it is successful: I inject 6, and there are days of prerregla that I wake up higher than normal (Not much, but about 140).Even so, leaving it without touching, and adding faster in food, I'm fine.The effect of the Toujeo takes to see about three days, so I do upload, when it comes to take effect, it has no longer changed the hormonal matter, and it causes me hypos.If I could prevent exactly, it would be one thing, but without knowing how many days each cycle does not use to touch the slow one (unless the values ​​were scandal).

imara's profile photo
imara
03/15/2017 3:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.