{'en': 'Ettore Stecchini and his sweet struggle for a dream', 'es': 'Ettore Stecchini y su dulce lucha por un sueño'} Image

Ettore Stecchini and his sweet struggle for a dream

fer's profile photo   10/03/2016 4:57 p.m.

The eight -year -old is diabetic since the age of five, but that is not an impediment to practicing the sport he likes most, soccer, in addition to football 7.

Last season, the midfielder managed to put 72 goals and captured the attention of several clubs.

Ettore Stecchini is a child who, with only eight years, is already clear what he wants to devote himself when he is older.It may seem a child of his age who loves sport and dreams of becoming a great soccer player, since he has been practicing him from three years.

But Ettore has not been easy.And when I was five years old, doctors discovered that the child had diabetes, something that for a child of that age is usually complicated to cope with sports at high level.

Ettore went from panic to the punctures and cry when he saw a needle, as he has ever happened to us, to accept it and learn to live with it, being aware that if he did not fulfill his routine something very bad could happen to him.It is difficult to explain that to a five -year -old, but more difficult for him to understand and fulfill him perfectly.

Currently, little Ettore, or "Ettorito" as he presents himself with all his sympathy, has to supply insulin every three hours, even at dawn, and be very aware of the sugar levels of his body.

The truth is that neither he nor his family has ever liveWhat is, his great passion.

The child plays two modalities of this sport, football and football 7, although he has to choose between the two, he opts for room football."If I have to choose to choose room soccer because I have more fun," says the child very convinced of his decision.

Ettore does not take off from the ball since he was three years old and plays futsal in the Rincón de la Victoria team.He has played football in Bezmiliana, in the Torremoya and now he does it on the stick.

Last December, Málaga CF was interested in the kid and did the tests to be in the club, but Ettore did not like the idea of ​​having to leave football.

When he started playing his first season in the "Baby" category he scored 88 goals and last year, with seven years, playing in Bezmiliana, he managed to score 72 goals, something that is not very easy to be a midfielder, a position in which he plays"big" football.

maximum scorer

Last year, competing with children two years older than him, he was a top scorer of the League and the Andalusian championship.He has also been champion of Andalusia with the Malaga team, champion of Spain and league and cup champion with his team.

Ettore is the example of struggle when you have a reason, regardless of the stones that get on the way.Diabetes marks its rhythm of life, a life that is not easy for its young age.Insulin is injected from when he gets up until he lies, controlling his levels even asleep, at twelve o'clock at night and at four in the morning.He takes it very well, has accepted it and is aware of his obligations.Diabetes has matured early.

Ettore turns his problems into challenges, and the challenges for him are to overcome them.When he has low sugar, he cannot almost even think and when he has it high suffers a lot physically, the efforts are triple for him and he shows as soon as he took a step.

The little one chooses when playing and where, but whenever he does, he knows that insulin must be injected before and during training, during the game and at the end of it as well.It is a constant concern for him and his family, but does not suffer because he is more than accustomed.

With your mouth full, Ettore boasts as a father, beingFor him his idol, his example to follow because "he has been very good footballer."And it is that Ettore Stecchini (father) reached the top of living football, becoming international with the Selection of Italy.

His son wants to follow his steps.«I do not consider my son's future.I got to fulfill my dream but the only thing you have to worry about is to enjoy.The conditions have them and I'm going to put everything on me, ”says Ettore Senior proud.

The sport serves the therapy child, it is very good because the exercise lowers the sugar level.It is evident that there are differences between a child who practices it with diabetes and another who does not suffer from that "disease";You have to control the food, the medication, the unevenness for which it loses strength ... but it goes beyond those problems.

Little Ettore wants to be an example for all those children, youth or adults who believe they are not able to achieve what they propose because they are marked by a series of problems that affect their health.Within that little body there is a small giant with a great spirit of overcoming.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/03/2016 4:57 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.