{'en': 'Freestyle free and swimming.', 'es': 'Freestyle Libre y natacion.'} Image

Freestyle free and swimming.

calerun's profile photo   12/10/2015 10:18 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if there is someone with experience in the use of free freestyle in the pool.

I want to resume swimming in the coming weeks.

I had left it precisely when I started using the new measurement system for fear that the sensor would not stand.

The intention is to swim about three days a week for about an hour.

I do enough sport and with the theme of sweat I have had adhesion problems in the sensors.

The idea is to protect it with Fixomull and then I don't know.I have in mind for several months to manufacture a neoprene bracelet, but I have not yet put on myself.

That said, I would appreciate that someone shared their experience in this issue, it would be of great help.

Thanks and greeting to all.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
12/10/2015 10:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Calerun, I also have problems with adherence of the sensor and when I swim I Skin Fixe TST 10X10 that prevents it from adhering to the sensor since it has a gauze in the center. Although it does not endure many days stuck to the skin and I have to renew each3 or 4 days more or less, but I prevent the sensor from getting wet and taking off. This little apartment bought it in a parapharmacy and it costs me € 8.75 10 unds.It is easy to place, although it is also easy to have some wrinkle thatwill make it take off before.
The bracelet can be a good idea and cheaper, it is a matter of trying it.
Greetings

Joselu's profile photo
Joselu
12/12/2015 7:26 p.m.

Lada desde 2010
Levemir fraccionada+Novorapid

Thank you @joselu, I suppose then that the sensor endures being submerged with the protection you use.
I will probate in a few days when the sensor is closest to "expired", I will tell you here as it has gone.
Thanks for your help.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
12/12/2015 10:06 p.m.

@calerun comes to me in a few days the freestyle and I was watching the comments to take apostites to protect it from the water, to go swim, showers ... etc.
In the end, the only thing they had in the pharmacy was Fixomull, I see that you use it and I wanted to ask why I have the question of whether I get the measure.Is it 5cm x 10m, I don't know if it's perhaps small?

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/25/2016 7:29 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater the fixomull, I read here that it is usually taken soon and bends a lot so it is difficult to repeat.I would try the skin fixe commenting @joselu or something similar and cheaper and buy Skin Tac liquid by the time you start taking off and thus amortize the dressings better or put theliquid in the dressing so that it lasts more as I do.I spend 14 days without problem with 2 dressings (spoils) glued with liquid skin tac .. and even shower: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/25/2016 8:31 p.m.

I just put a new sensor a few minutes ago, in the previous use for the first time the Fixomull Transparent.It has done very well, the measure that I bought was 2m x 10 cms.I cut a 10x10cms square.In which I just put it, I reduced it to 8 x 10 cms, to see how it goes.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
01/25/2016 8:47 p.m.

Now I comment how the issue of swimming with free has left.I have swam two days for about 40 min.I have protected it with Fixomull Transparent (I trim a square of 10 x 10 cms and round the tips) and then I have put on a neoprene bracelet that I have made with some 2 mm mm from the decathlon.You just have to cut the ankle area that is the one you use as a bracelet.At the moment it is the solution that I have found and that for the moment it has done well.In principle I do not trust only the fixomull.
If you find any other solution it will be well received.You already say that you are doing.
All the best.

calerun's profile photo
calerun
01/25/2016 9:32 p.m.

Good morning.
Just the other day I tried swimming with Free.I covered it with a dressing that lasted exactly 30 ".
So I decided to keep swimming without covering the sensor (I have been placed in the triceps).Well, the experience was pleasantly satisfactory, the sensor did not move or make a threat of moving and the measurements were perfect.That said recommended a small bandage with tape (of which the fisios use) to avoid possible problems.
All the best.

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
01/26/2016 9:28 a.m.

@calerum you will pass me the escarpín that has left you> :)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/26/2016 1:30 p.m.

@Sigsauer then I will ask both in the pharmacy and see what they have, it is well to emphasize the shower hahaha jokes apart, the skin tac if I look for it, so I read in the forum it seems that in general it gives good results, butin the pharmacies that asked anything.I will try to ask a friend who works in France to see if there finds him and that the weekend lowers me, whenever they do not put peros in the customs !!XD

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/26/2016 5:26 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@calerun a good invention to swim, I will first try the Apit and if I see that I do not convince me I will go through Decatlon, thanks

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/26/2016 5:29 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater The liquid skin tac boat I caught it on Amazon, I don't know where they bring it but it took me more than 3 weeks.Nor is it cheap but it is spent a lot little liquid every time you use it and save it in dressings.I think it will last until they find the cure to ours ...;))

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/26/2016 6:15 p.m.

I mean, 4 days ;-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
01/26/2016 9:22 p.m.

Can anyone tell me what is the measure that is good for freestylelibre using Fixomull and the price it costs?

fer123's profile photo
fer123
09/13/2016 1:23 p.m.

Hello, I tell you the experience of my son (with 9 years, in the water a long time, pool, seawrounding the corners and with a mini hole in the center.Neither moves or anything, and works perfectly.It lasts two weeks, you even have to take it off with Niltac.A roll of that tape is affordable and there are 5 meters!Let's see if among all the options you find the one that best suits (and less hurts in the pocket).All the best!

martintxo's profile photo
martintxo
07/30/2022 12:07 p.m.

@Marintxo, is what my daughter gets, and it is not necessary to do the hole of the center, it measures the same.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/31/2022 2:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@martintxo, is what my daughter gets, and it is not necessary

Yes, we have also used it without making the hole, and it measures the same, it is true.We do it perhaps by personal mania.But it is not necessary, you are already right.

martintxo's profile photo
martintxo
07/31/2022 9:17 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.