Christmas dinners, pump, expanded bolus and multiona

GemaTer's profile photo   12/11/2015 2:07 p.m.

Hello everyone !!

I have an important doubt for the parties.I know that as options in the pump I have part of the standard bolus, two more bowling for large comilones.
These days from behind I have tried to try to put on the bolus expanded for more copious or more widespread meals, a barbecue and a family paella, but I am not able to square it well.The theory is very well explained in the book, but it's just that ... Theory.So I ask for the advice of experts !!

I don't know if I should put this type of bolus just at the beginning of the food, before and if so, or if I have to put more units than usual.
On the day of the paella for example, I click 20 min before because it was rice and I put the units that touched for bread, rice and dessert weight.I calculate the dose of insulin and ask me that for how many hours I wanted to put it, in that case I told him 4h.
The fact is that at the time I was in 207, I did not want to correct in case the test would go wrong.At 2 h a little less 198 and if I correct 1.6ui.At 3h almost perfect 113 and at 4h already declining 67. over gluc up and obviously bounces at 2 and a half.

I do not know if something escapes me, if I must increase the more dose of the usual bolus or if I should consider some standard bolus units before starting.
As this is a new ask before the party dinners, because I will opt for several standard bowling as before.What I do not want is to be in a roller mountain plan those days, because excesses I will do, no matter how much I consider behaving well.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/11/2015 2:07 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater about the bomb I hope that experiences with experience can give you advice, about the Christmas holidays and meals, I can tell you that we have spoken a lot, it is typical at this point of the year, so I recommend that you read these issues.;)

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
12/11/2015 4:31 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer Thank you for the recommendations, you read my thought, you just caught me looking in search to see that I found hahaha.I will take a look and see if the firefighters throw a cable with the theme of Loa Bolos;)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/11/2015 4:38 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hi @gemmater, I'm Alberto (not Monica).

My experiences with square bowling, expanded, multiona, etc ... are quite negative.I don't know what your bomb is, I wear the accu-chek combo.

Basically, non -standard bowling intend to lengthen and adapt the insulin dose to these comilones of several hours, weddings, company meals, etc ... But more things must be taken into account.These meals usually contain high fat content, which, as you know how to retard HC absorption, but they can also have high HC of rapid absorption HC, even in the snacks and can give you a hyper at the beginning of the food.

I only use the Multiona, the one that sucks you a higher dose at the beginning and delayed a smaller dose.But I use it little.

I sincerely prefer to use several bowling, it seems more effective.I also carry the free, with which I see the trends every 1/2 hour and thus act.Total these events are few in the year and it is easier to forget the use of these bowling.

You also have the option to raise the basal dose temporarily, all bombs have that option.You can increase the basal from 10% to 20%, it also occurs.

Recently there were a few firefighters gathered talking about this, and almost all of us concluded that several bowling is the most effective and simple.

Greetings.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
12/11/2015 7:27 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

When as Paella if I have a value of 120 I put it 20 min before I start, I put a mixed bolus in an 80/20 proportion for an hour.If the rice has been quantity in the afternoon I also increase the basal of 20 to 30%.
In Animas you can put the proportion you want in the mixed bolus and half an hour in half an hour.
Here I believe that each one is a world.
If that morning there was a hard training (I usually arrive half an hour before eating if I arrive) in the afternoon I do not usually need to increase basal.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/11/2015 8:28 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

We use the multiona with paella and pasta, half more or less at the beginning of food and the rest in 2h.This works for us.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
12/11/2015 8:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I agree with Alberto, I for long meals prefer to put several bowling and if the food had a lot of fat temporarily increase the basal for 3 or 4 hours by 30 or 40%.
The mixed bolus is doing very well however when as a legmbre that rises very slow, I put 70% just before starting and the remaining 30% distributed in an hour

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/11/2015 8:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you all.So I see the best option will be trying the mixed or multihonda.Already on Sunday I will do something with CUIDENCE to do prior proof haha

If I see that I do not successfully pass to several bowling and increase with a temporary basal dose, that with the comilones that the effect of the HC is extended it is more than usual.

I try not to pass in general, that in family dinners at home that is already menu, more less control.But these days, that if at one or another's house, that if you reed before, to take something then ... that does not upload even once is almost a lottery, correcting sometimes is inevitable

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/11/2015 10:39 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.