Fat problems with the pump battery ...

Ainhoa's profile photo   12/15/2015 1:13 a.m.

Hello everyone ...

Behold... My daughter has been with the bomb for three weeks, and very well, well, getting with her, with the problems I imagine that normal, sections adjustments, some canula that folded, some strange value that we have not known to blame and that sometimes byIf it was a problem of the catheter or something we changed the whole set, in short ... I think that normal problems at the beginning.
The Saturday jumped an alarm warning that the battery was low.We change it to another new energy.But it turns out that this afternoon is another alarm that says "change battery. The load level of the pile is less than 30 minutes. To ensure the administration of insulin, replace the battery now."SUPEREXTRAÑADA WE CHANGE THE PILA FOR A NEW.Soon it was dinner time, he put on his bolus and so normal.But at two hours of dinner you look and have almost four hundred.The corrector bolus is going to put the Wizard and jump the following alarm: "Energy Energy detected. Download the configuration with caelink or write down the values. Consult the user's guide"

Nervous and freaking out, the pump stops, ran with the ball and changed the battery again.The green pile icon reappears again, but now the reservoir does not recognize, so I change the entire set.Everything is all normal again and the bomb passing the basal, but I have called Medtronic, the first time I call them since I have it ... M have said they will change it... Q Tomorrow will call a representative to see how we look ... I have been very worried ... I scare that he stops again tonight, or tomorrow... Why does this have to be a fixed bomb failure ... has something similar happened to you?Joer ... what to get... a hug

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/15/2015 1:13 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

I write again and it is to vent, because the night is becoming eternal ... the same energy error detected again... suspend the infusion ... The pile icon in green but again does not recognize the reservoir... we have disconnected the cateter from the body, extracted the reservoir, which is full of three hours ago, rewoven and re -placed ... and connect to the body again ... now recognizes it and is working ... but I don't knowWhat to do ... Q Longer night

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/15/2015 2:35 a.m.

DT 3

Call Medtronic, what is the bomb from Medtronic?What brand is it?

I have not had problems with the bomb, just a button that was a little bad and changed my bomb for a new one in 48 hours without any cost.

The only thing you have to keep in mind is to aim on paper all the configuration of your pump PQ logically what they give you is a virgin.

It points basal, ratios, sensitivity index, etc.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/15/2015 9:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Ainhoa ​​In my case the bomb is another and I had problems, they changed it to me.If you called to see if they do it as soon as possible.
While talking to the pediatrician/endocrine and that you give you alternative guidelines with bolis to while, you already have it.
More than anything because if for me, an adult was quite stressful to be aware of the break or not fail, I cannot imagine what should be with a child.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/15/2015 9:40 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Good morning @Aranzuleg, @gemater and all the other Maja people of this forum.The situation is quite overwhelming, really.The bomb is that of Medtronic, the 640 g.I called Medtronic last night, they told me that they change it for another and what will arrive in 24 hours.The bomb continues to fail, according to I see four -hour intervals.Salta the alarm and suspends the infusion po energy failure, he says.However, the full green pile icon and the reservoir does not recognize it, appears crossed out.What we are doing is to disconnect, rewind, get the reservoir, simulate a filling, connect again to fill canula- and voila, recognize the reservoir again and resume infusion.But of course at any time he will stop again.I watch the glycemia a lot, of course not even talk about going to the institute, and I will call Medtronic again to be beaten to make sure they are taking shipping.I talked to hospital educating nurses are lovely.They calm us and tell us that this sometimes passes, that the bomb will arrive soon and that if we need help they will help us configure it again.I downloaded all the Carelink data, and I have the basal, ratios, fs etc ... but we are both a little low ... We just started the pump and this cuts the roll a bit.In addition, I do not stop thinking that when the bomb has stopped the infusion, it makes a noise of anything, at night it was barely heard, I go because I was surveillance, if it would not have heard it, and she who sleeps as a trunk less... I could have been without insulin all night ... it gives respect to think about it.A hug to everyone

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/15/2015 10:34 a.m.

DT 3

Nothing does not worry, it's bad luck, my son has been for a while and has had no more problems.

Do not worry that customer service is good, it would not take anything to send it, I would disconnect it and walk with the bowl a few days, because something that sometimes works and sometimes not, bad not worse.

I would put the basal that the doctor tells you with ball, lantus or less, whatever carries, and in meals the quick to cover them, and it is already.You are not more bad.

After Mñn as late you will have the new bomb.

aranzazuleg
12/15/2015 10:39 a.m.

Right?It is what I am thinking.Disconnect it and pull with bolis.If this is bad, a bigger one yet.Thanks @Anzazuleg.;)

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/15/2015 10:42 a.m.

DT 3

If PQ of course, you no longer think that it will be high, if not the opposite of a chufletazo that is worse, that one for being high for a few days does not lose knowledge.

And being that he has been with Bolis before and you know what it is, then pull that.

But wait a bit to put the slow PQ will have fast active insulin, wait for a couple of hours to put it and at eating that looks, rectify and march.

and tranquility !!The bomb is doing well, you have had bad luck.

aranzazuleg
12/15/2015 10:56 a.m.

Thanks @Anzazuleg :).They end up with Medtronic, they say that tomorrow morning the new one arrives.They have also told him that they change his color and send him a abode hehehe that he really likes that color.He is already more animated.He does not mind returning to the bolis a couple of days, it has been thirteen years of bolis ... what he wants is a bomb that works well.Now I explain a couple of strange phenomena and rare occlusion alarms of the first days ... and I believe that the catheters were ...: |

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/15/2015 11:07 a.m.

DT 3

Well, this, the customer service of these things is very good.
You already have one more experience, if you happen again you know how to act.

There are catheters that do not work well, it has happened to me in 2, which does not detect them, it is changed and it is already.It is not a perfect machine.

How old is your daughter?

aranzazuleg
12/15/2015 11:11 a.m.

It has fifteen.He debuted at two years.Is a champion = D>

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/15/2015 11:18 a.m.

DT 3

And how does it carry it?Take so many years with this, my son debuted with 18 months, now he is 2 years old.And I am always thinking that I will take it when I am aware that it is not like the rest of the children.

aranzazuleg
12/15/2015 11:59 a.m.

@Anzazuleg don't worry about how it will take it for sure to be good.The other day talking to Iago, he told me that if I could ask for a desire to ask and I told him not to have diabetes (something that we surely share all the breasts of the forum), and do you know what he told me ??That that was not so bad for him, that he was going to be very healthy and had to take care of more than anyone ... in short that the tears were almost skipped;He is not diabetic from so small but I incorporate the routines into his life in a very natural way, although sometimes he likes to skip them, of course, he is 13 years old .....

Enma's profile photo
Enma
12/15/2015 12:06 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

The funniest thing is that I would say the same as your son, but for my son if I would ask for that desire, it is curious how things look from the point of view.
For me it is not so much, but my son suffers ...

aranzazuleg
12/15/2015 12:14 p.m.

Look I have it here and tells me that as a child it is something that you don't even stop to think ... in fact she has been a very happy girl ... and as you get older, sometimes they come bad gusts and gives you forThinking about everything that supposes ... also tells me that it depends a lot on how people around you understand.Sometimes there has been a lot, very responsible, greatly creative, because diabetes "forces you" to have a lotYou say, "I know how you feel" will be completely true and you will make common front... We do it too, but sometimes I reproach me that I believe that I am also diabetics, and yet I am not .. in his eyes that subtracts me arguments to tell him what he has to do, or to try to understand that he understands thatI know how hard it is sometimes ... Anyway they are children and adolescents, with their problems and their inconsistencies, like everyone else.A hug.Thank you very much for having been interested in Ana. You send you greetings: -sss

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/15/2015 12:29 p.m.

DT 3

Hello, good morning to everyone!:)The new bomb has just arrived.Yesterday Ana passed to the Bolis and today will continue with them, until tomorrow they help us to program it, I know that it will be a pijada but it gives me more security to do it in the hospital .. So incidentally we see the educational nurses of pediatric endocrinology of Cruces, Paloma and Ana, who are a sun and I have no words to thank how much and well they are helping us.Ana already misses the bomb hehehe, and is looking forward to carrying it again.I know in tastes and there are those who feel as a dependency to feel a device connected to the body.It is not the case of my daughter, she feels very accompanied and helped by her bomb and work in symbiosis, and that the old bomb has spent a new play when hump it!The least bad of the experience is that it makes you go in dealing with situations that can arise and for the next one you scare you less ... or not hehehe.A hug

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/16/2015 10:58 a.m.

DT 3

Thanks your daughter the comment.I don't want anything else, that my son does not see him see him as an obstacle, if not as a characteristic of his, like the one with glasses or apparatus in his teeth.

And better to be scheduled in the hospital, it is easy but you have to play many "whistles", in addition that you are crowded PQ depending on what you put the machine will work well or badly.

aranzazuleg
12/16/2015 11:15 a.m.

@ainhoa ​​The bomb has had to give an impressive freedom to her, you see that I love her again.She is a fighter, she is seen for what you say.As for programming it at the hospital you have to do what you think and feel.

@Anzazuleg hopefully me with 14 years when debut would have given me this opportunity to take the bomb.Hopefully!There would not be a nonsense for years by giving me putting it on me or not.We are asking you if you do not want to tell you to say that you wear a MP3 and with fiberglass that transmits music to the body, and teach it to everyone, there are no people who wear watches of 1000 E, there are no people whoIt carries 700 E mobiles, because he will take something that will give him life.
Much encouragement !!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/16/2015 11:33 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.