8 weeks pregnant and with many doubts

pikelinda's profile photo   12/16/2015 10:50 a.m.

Hello everyone.I've been registered for months but I never dared to write.

I am 34 years old and in April I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in a casual urine analysis, where urine glucose appeared.I had or have an important overweight, so the head doctor guided me diet and exercise.Since then I have lost 15 kilos and with that my glucose levels, without medication or anything else were normalized.Right now 70 kg weight, with a height of 1.57.I know I'm still far from my weight.

Maintained fasting glucose levels between 90-100, and postpandracial at 150-170.

The fact is that I am now 8 weeks old.Not planned, or expected, because in theory when having polycystic ovaries I was going to have trouble staying in a state, and it was not.On Monday I went to the midwife, and obviously I told him the issue of sugar, since I know that pregnancy greatly influences the levels as well.He directly referred to the endocrine, but .... He also asked me to analyze the first quarter, the or Sullivan curve.

This morning I made the famous curve.They measured the fasting glucose, and it was 147 mg/dl, already quite high.Still I had to take the syrup with 50 gr.of glucose, to get the peak at the time.Needless to say, I sat like a shot, and that I have to have had significant hyperglycemia.I do not understand, if I am already diagnosed before, because I have to go through that test.

The normal values ​​in that test must be less than 140 when it has taken the syrup, and I without taking it.So well, I have arrived quite pissed off and convinced that I am not going to make me more curves, already having a diagnosis.

I know that during pregnancy oral antidiabetics cannot be taken and that it is quite likely that the endocrine paute me insulin and daily controls of glycemia.I have assumed it, and I have no problem with that.

I have a thousand doubts, that my midwife does not know how to answer, it only tells me that the endocrine.I do not know if my levels were altered again due to pregnancy, if it has been appropriate to submit to that curve (with the consequent hyperglycemia ...).

My diet continues to be the same, a normal diabetic diet, eating everything but watching the amount of daily carbohydrates, and no sugars or rulings and things like that.

And well, this is my case.I think I'm writing more than relief and because I feel quite lost and worried.

I also have to say that I have been terrible anxiety for this subject for several days, and today I got so nervous to the analytics that I was until trembling.I have heard many times that stress or anxiety influence glycemia, so I don't know what to think.

And I don't roll up anymore.I will tell how all this continues, and any response will be very appreciated.

Greetings for everyone :)

pikelinda's profile photo
pikelinda
12/16/2015 10:50 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 2015 tipo 2/Mody??
Controlada con dieta y ejercicio
Ultima hemo: 5.5

Welcome to the @Pikelinda forum, I'm glad that after so many months reading the forum, you have finally decided to write, after reading your message, I think it is totally normal for you to have doubts, it is not for less, you will have already seen that inThe forum there are many mothers and pregnant women who can advise you.

I suggest you read the theme of Link There is a lot of accumulated experience and they will help you in your state.

Cheer up!!!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/16/2015 11:06 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@pikelinda As fellow Fer looks at that thread, I often enter and read everything, knowledge does not take place.
In the thread there are a lot of moms and future moms that will help you and advise you.Just as you surely commenting your experiences you can help.
Much encouragement !!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/16/2015 11:36 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you very much guys.I will start reading the post that is very long hehe and I will introduce myself there too.Because all this adventure catches me aspeton!

pikelinda
12/16/2015 12:27 p.m.

@pikelinda welcome!Here as the classmates indicate there are many Majisima people willing to help in what you can and in that thread you can learn a lot.I read it because I am in pregnancy and I find out a little more of all, and the truth served me to learn and go preparing, which is an adventure.
I understand you perfectly, nerves and doubts are inevitable, but with help and support everything is better.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/16/2015 2:22 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

It is that as they say, each master has its booklet, each doctor advises you some tests.
It came out in 153 on an empty stomach, similar to yours, however they did not make a curve for the glucose peak that I think is at 2 hours, they took the glyd hemoglobin and already.
Since you have a glycemia similar to mine, I would appreciate the hydrates you can eat up to date.Another thing, what kind of exercise has you recommended.I have been diagnosed recently, I still don't take the pills for fear of a descent, I prefer to try it for a diet and exercise.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/16/2015 5:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Ramón2.You will see that my case is a bit particular because I am pregnant right now, and I do not know very well if the diet that I follow would now be adequate for you.
But before pregnancy, he diet about 1800 kcal, eating everything, but controlling the amounts of carbohydrates.That is, if I have to dine boiled with potato, beans and onion, the potato the weight according to the amount they indicate to me.
In my case, when I was diagnosed or referred to the endocrine.It was the header who gave me the diet, and it worked and there it was ... until now.
So I think it would be good for you to comment with an endocrine to tell you a diet appropriate to your needs.
I feel not being able to tell you much more, but I am also a little green in all this haha
Greetings

pikelinda
12/16/2015 7:43 p.m.

Thank you very much Pikelinda, it has already been clearer that it is a bit of weight.It is that my doctor was going to give me the diet but the computer program was blocked and it was not clear to me if it was what I was going to give me, but now that you mentioned it for sure yes, he told me that for the next time Iout.
Did you recommend any kind of exercise in particle?

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
12/16/2015 8:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Ramón2, I hadn't seen your question.Well, I tell you, my work is already quite movidito hehe, I don't stop still, but even the head doctor advised me to walk 30 to 45 minutes a day.
But I think that if there is time and desire, any kind of exercise is good, be it walking, running, bicycle ... the thing is to cheer up and start;)

pikelinda
12/17/2015 8:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.