{'en': 'Enjoy Christmas without losing control (type 2)', 'es': 'Disfrutar la Navidad sin perder el control (Tipo 2)'} Image

Enjoy Christmas without losing control (type 2)

fer's profile photo   12/22/2015 10 p.m.

Type 2 diabetics are one of the groups that have the most risk in the Christmas season due to the special care they must have with their diet, but without abandoning the treatment and care guidelines that follow throughout the year they can enjoy the same as the rest ofThe celebrations.

Controlling food is one of the main keys.It is necessary to make some custom adjustments in the Christmas menus, which are usually rich in fats and sugars.In addition to these modifications, it is recommended not to skimNutritionist Martina Miseachs.

The expert has advised that "in the first dishes it is convenient to opt for light dishes, such as a consommé, a soup or a vegetable cream."As for the latter, he has recommended not abusing those foods rich in fats and moderating the amounts."The ideal is to follow a recipe based on fish or white meat and accompany it with vegetables, in addition to betting on whole wheat bread, which is healthier," Miserachs added.

As for desserts, they must be replaced by healthier options such as fruit, as they are loaded with sugar, carbohydrates and fats.In this sense, nougat, polvorones and mazapanes are indisputable protagonists of these parties, and although diabetics should not abuse them, they can consume them in moderation.

In these dates, alcohol intake is usually increased, which provides a large number of calories and can worsen glycemic control.It is recommended to drink water before any alcoholic beverage, but "if you opt for drinks with alcohol, it is better to be ingested during meals and that the fermented or low graduation type (beer, cava, wine) are preferred to the distilled(whiskey, liquors) ", has advised dietitian-nutritionist.

In addition to controlling what is eaten and drink, diabetics are recommended to check the blood sugar levels more frequently to avoid decompensations of pathology after the copious Christmas entries.

Esdiabetes campaign, take it seriously

Alianza Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly launch with the campaign 'Esdiabetes, take it seriously, recommendations to control it on these dates based on' The diabetes clock ', the tool that collects and unifies health patterns that patients should segir.It proposes two very appetizing and adequate recipes for diabetics, in addition to launching a motivational vido that shows a daily situation that these patients usually find when they go out to eat outside or when planning menus.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/22/2015 10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

There is a very easy solution: copious food .. Paseo to singing! ... so we consume sugar ... or better: dance!

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/01/2016 1:12 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

On Christmas Day I did not deprive myself, I went over my nougat, I thought it would explode my mother's glucometer, I control at 4 hours and Tachaaaaannnnnnnn .............................100-Sigo without taking pills and giving a truce to the change of lifestyle-, of course, I was in the glucometer as of a cloudy.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/02/2016 1:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.