The slow

Juanmaroru's profile photo   12/28/2015 9:50 p.m.

The endocrine that we had to put the Lantus every night at 10 pm.As we have been trying for a short time to skip this, but the question is: if for any reason at that time we are not at home and we arrive, at 23:45, we can put it on, even when it has already dinner and have had itput the quick?
In addition, I see that some@s put the lantus at night, others in the morning, does it really happen?Or not?
Thank you

Juanmaroru's profile photo
Juanmaroru
12/28/2015 9:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The lantus at night or tomorrow, it is better to adapt to your lifestyle, and as you have many nocturnal hypoglycemia.
People who have many drops at night, usually fix it by putting the lantus in the morning (or at noon) instead of at night.
This is because the Lantus has an effect that is not totally flat, it has action peaks in the early hours.

I put it at night because it adapts better to my way of life, and I do not have no night hypos problems and if the continuous meter happens, it wakes me up.

Of course you can put the Lantus later if you cannot before although if it is always at the same time better.
What happens is that the lantus to many people last 24 hours, and when it begins to lose effect it starts to raise the glucose although you do not eat anything, because you run out of basal insulin in your body.

Patience, you will gradually see how to make Apaños.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/28/2015 10:01 p.m.

Thank you, by the way, what is that of the continuous meter awake?
I take advantage to ask another question.Lately it has a bit uncontrolled glucose and we have to resort to the corrective bowling, which implies more insulin punctures and quantity per day.It is bad to abuse bowling, or well in order to correct hyperglycemia.
Thanks again

Juanmaroru
12/28/2015 10:06 p.m.

When the lantus started it, the lantus was put at night on recommendation endo because it said it had to be at night, another endless one that I have now.The hypos were continuous with the aggravating mine who already woke up was when they did it because they came to Teblar asleep.I had to change in the morning, that has already happened in history, I still did not have the Dexcom G4, now with the bomb everything also changes a lot.
As the fellow Artorias very well, each one we are a world.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/28/2015 10:14 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Very much according to what @artorias has told you, just add that, if it is a child, and start having hyper, you will have to go up the dose, on average on average or one in one unit until, after adolescence, it reaches adult doses.
View doses according to controls.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/28/2015 10:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Juanmaru said:

I take advantage to ask another question.Lately it has a bit uncontrolled glucose and we have to resort to the corrective bowling, which implies more insulin punctures and quantity per day.It is bad to abuse bowling, or well in order to correct hyperglycemia.

I abuse the bowling, I prefer to prick and be well, it does not mean to prick.

Juanmaru said:
Thank you arctors, by the way what is that of the continuous meter wakes you?

What is a continuous glucose meter (MCG): Link

Most we use or dexcom: Link
Or free freestyle: Link

Comparison (I do not agree on some things, but hey): Link

Free Dexcom and Freestyle Price Comparison (Made by me): Link

They are very expensive, but if you can afford, they give a lot of quality of life and tranquility.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/28/2015 10:59 p.m.

@Juanmaroru, the continuous meter wakes me up, is that some of us llwvav, a continuous glucose meter (MCG), which measures us to constant the sugar and has a series of alarms that when it reaches the value that your programs, jumps theAlarm, for example I have 80, before jumping normally you are seeing that it goes down since the monitor gives you the trend it has at that time, if to go up or go down and you can take the relevant measures, eat in thisCase and for the climbs, the same, I have 130, if it reaches that figure, jump the alarm

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/28/2015 11 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

My daughter also puts the Lantus at night, about 22.30.When we have doubts about whether or not we will be at home we take it behind, but it is true that one day the time has passed and we have not had any problem.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/29/2015 9:40 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I put it in the middle of the afternoon at 6:00 pm but if one day I have any commitment, work or game of Padel-Gimnasium at that time I put it at 7:30 p.m. and absolutely nothing happens ...

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/29/2015 2:42 p.m.

Thank you all for your contribution.

Juanmaroru
12/29/2015 2:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.