{'en': 'Exercise can help manage type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'El ejercicio puede ayudar a gestionar la diabetes tipo 1'} Image

Exercise can help manage type 1 diabetes

fer's profile photo   10/19/2016 11:57 a.m.

Aerobic exercise can benefit people with type 1 diabetes who use insulin pumps, suggests a small study.

The three -month study found that the six people with type 1 diabetes who did aerobic had a better blood sugar control, used less insulin and suffered less high blood sugar events than the seven who did not exercise.

The study appears in the October 11 online edition of Cell Transplantation magazine.

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that makes the immune system attack beta cells that produce insulin in the pancreas.People with type 1 diabetes remain with little or no insulin, a hormone that is necessary for the body to use food carbohydrates.

As people with type 1 diabetes do not have enough insulin to meet body needs, they must take insulin several times a day.This can be done through multiple injections per day, or through a small tube inserted under the skin and linked to an insulin pump, according to the American Diabetes Association (American Diabetes Association, ADA).

In combination with insulin therapy, exercise can help people with type 1 diabetes manage the disease, and perhaps help them use less insulin, according to the study.But exercise can only be used to treat the disorder.Insulin is always necessary for people with type 1 diabetes, says the ADA.

"We find that being physically active can improve the control [of blood sugar] of patients with type 1 diabetes," he said in a press release from the study co -author, Dr. Livio Luzi.Luzi works at the Diabetes Research Institute of the Miller Medicine Faculty of the University of Miami.

"Our results suggest that an educational program aimed at patients [of type 1 diabetes] and focused on the monitoring of insulin injections, diet and exercise is highly advantageous for management [of type 1 diabetes]",Luzi added.

More studies with more patients should be carried out, according to researchers.

"The current study offers physiological data that show that exercise is an important factor to improve and manage type 1 diabetes," said Dr. Rodolfo Alejandro, who also works at the Research Institute on Diabetes, and that he is a editor inHead of a section of the magazine.

"With the growing diabetes rate, it is emphatically recommended that an exercise program as part of the treatment is included, and when used jointly with insulin therapy, it could offer better results to patients," Alejandro said.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2016 11:57 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

With insulin pump it is all much simpler when you have a formation.The ease that the basal reducing pump gives and increase before finishing the exercise to avoid the peaks after hard training where the heart puts it to a thousand, with multidosis is much more complicated.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/19/2016 12:23 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

And they don't say anything about sugar's drops?

Although a study with a "can", "could", "perhaps" or "maybe" in the title does not seem very scientific.It reminds me more about spam books that try so much on this website.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/19/2016 1:19 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
And they don't say anything about sugar down?

Although a study with a "can", "could", "perhaps" or "maybe" in the title does not seem very scientific.It reminds me more about spam books that try so much on this website.

Doing sports with diabetes is not easy, but nothing.Whoever says otherwise I do not say that he lies, but that he hides part of what he has to do or the problems he has caused if he would say it.

In the interview they did to me for the magazine of the Fede, that is one of the criticisms I do, that many athletes only tell the sea of ​​roses and green gardens, but they hide what the sports and the sacrifice that it implies.
If we heat our heads without doing sports doing that warm up multiply x 10.

But we want or not the sport is healthy and not little @sherpa41

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/19/2016 1:25 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

As a quite athlete person of various types of sport, I think that sport when controlling our disease only brings headaches.I don't see that it helps at all.

With a bomb much except to be able to adjust the basal as necessary, but those that go to Bolis fabric.

Here I am waiting for my great drop of more than 5 mg to begin every 5 minutes to drink half a liter of Aquarius and go to sleep.That is what hard sport brings to my disease control ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/20/2016 12:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Fully in accordance with @Artorias, sport is sensational for many associated pathologies, cholesterol, etc., and for both physical and mental well -being.I already know that exercising I will have better glycemic values ​​but based on a hyper and hypos control that if I did not play sports, I would surely not have, the peaks that I have when I do sport I do not see them when I do nothing that is when I have theFlatter curve without counting how well you tell the mental effort to be done to carry any type of sport as best possible and I no longer say sport of a medium-high intensity, a simple 30-minute walk can already generate hypoglycemiaSo the effort above all mental is very important.I always give the example of cholesterol or tension, you take the pill, you put on your shoes and throw miles but ours ... ??
What merit we have/you have those who do sports being insulin dependent !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/20/2016 8:56 a.m.

I do not do sports because M is a lot of mental effort.And I can't stand the phrase: do sports and you will improve ...... an eme, life is more complicated.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/20/2016 4:48 p.m.

Yes, sport is a serious risk of hypoglycemia.
Another thing is the aerobic exercise, which must be soft, that is doing well

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/20/2016 5:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The sport is great and you have to do it, but of course for type 1 diabetics it is a headache to do it ... and more if you want to stay in "reasonable" ranges during it.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/20/2016 8:17 p.m.

It is true that a very intense sport is a headache, in addition because the posterior hypoglycemia is still the next day and not just after doing the sport ... another thing as Regina says is a soft aerobic exercise.
I usually do trekking, especially in summer in marches of 5 to 8 hours, in the Basque Country and in Pyrenees, Gredos and this summer also in Picos de Europa, and what I do is constantly eating, every half an hour about nuts, aGomola ... that's how I stay and don't get off.And normally when I eat the food sandwich I click half of insulin of the usual or 1/3, it depends on the effort.For all this you have to meet.And then I do Body Combat two days a week.Although I have to correct my hypoglycemia, I am worth it, I feel healthy and strong and the feeling when I upload a peak is incomparable with nothing :).And you need less basal insulin, that is also true.But each person and diabetes is a world...

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/22/2016 12:08 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Hello everyone
I understand this when you talk about exercise with diabete management s:
1st talk of physical exercise we would be talking about physical activity of under impact (run, dance, or another 30 -60 minutes and regularly).This has a favorable response in diabetes, you better tolerate carbohydrates or alite high glusmic indices and the purpose of avoid high glucose and seek balance with the casualties to know their limits.
Now is the exercise of high impact where there is a strong requirement towards the body where it could be required greater control of glucose over demand physically in each training.
In the end my comment physical activity is an important tool in diabetes.Do not stop exercising!

A hug

9406 's profile photo
08/10/2017 7:32 p.m.

maritxu22 said:
It is true that a very intense sport is a headache, in addition because the posterior hypoglycemia still touches you the next day and not just after doing the sport .... another otherAs Regina says, it is a soft aerobic exercise.
I usually do trekking, especially in summer in marches of 5 to 8 hours, in the Basque Country and in Pyrenees, Gredos and this summer also in Picos de Europa, and what I do is constantly eating, every half an hour about nuts, aGomola ... that's how I stay and don't get off.And normally when I eat the food sandwich I click half of insulin of the usual or 1/3, it depends on the effort.For all this you have to meet.And then I do Body Combat two days a week.Although I have to correct my hypoglycemia, I am worth it, I feel healthy and strong and the feeling when I upload a peak is incomparable with nothing :).And you need less basal insulin, that is also true.But each person and diabetes is a world...

Exactly the same do we do with our child when we go to hiking, for us it is the best solution in addition to using temporary basals reduced with the bomb.
Sport with diabetes is very difficult to manage but based on the failure you can get to know and take good control doing sports, of course we slug our brains so that my son does sports, he loves him, football,Bike, swimming, hiking ... and we will not stop doing so whenever there is the possibility of controlling it, and that possibility although it is hard and difficult, exists.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
08/10/2017 8:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.