{'en': 'Freestyle and sauna sensor (heat)', 'es': 'Sensor Freestyle y Sauna ( calor )'} Image

Freestyle and sauna sensor (heat)

sigsauer's profile photo   01/23/2016 2:08 p.m.

Well, that as the free sensor had 2 hours of life today I have done the test and I have gotten into the sauna about 15 minutes at 80 degrees of temperature, I have measured freshly out and has measured me perfectly with a trend arrowCorrect because he had heard somewhere that the arrow took a bit to appear.

The same is not a conclusive test but I wanted to share it here in case there is an fan of saunas, Turkish baths and spas in general.

All the best!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/23/2016 2:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks @Sigsauer Pot Share your experience.I am not to use saunas but others can serve them.Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2016 2:30 p.m.

@sigsauer this week I finally arrived the meter and sensors, I was reading about use first of all and from what I saw in theory should not be used in saunas, Turkish baths and neither do they make resonances, radiographs ... etc.
I do not know if the test you did or not conclusive in terms of result, and well there were 2h sensor ... but if it had been new and after that it gives problems ... you know if in the product warranty it puts something aboutThese things ??
I am not going to these sites every day, but we are out of curiosity and I gave me to go to a spa know how you do the others

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/23/2016 4:38 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Fuck me, I blame me, I have no idea if the guarantee will cover you although it is specified that it is not convenient to get into saunas and so on and it is spoiled I imagine that it is not although it is a matter of asking the Abbot's ..

That's why I have tried it at the end of the sensor but seeing that nothing has happened to him.Although you always have the option of telling you that you have been broken for another reason ..: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/23/2016 6:11 p.m.

I do not recommend sauna with temperature can annoy the transmitter as it happened to me although it was with Dexcom.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/16/2017 3:57 p.m.

Well, I also tested the free freestyle, immediately after leaving I appeared an error that said that the sensor was very hot, after a couple of minutes I tried again and everything was fine, I even did a test with a strip andThe results agreed.Greetings :)

Edwin Ariel's profile photo
Edwin Ariel
01/03/2018 2:35 a.m.

When I brought the freestyle and used the mat (electric pad) and it came into contact with the sensor I didn't care "hot sensor", after a while it was normalized.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/03/2018 12:20 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

On the beach, if the sun gives it directly, it does not make me readings (the temperature error) and there is a jump in the measurements.When it returns to normal temperature again measures correctly again.:)

Wave's profile photo
Wave
11/16/2018 10:57 a.m.

I use it normally and I understand that the sauna gives it is for sweat.In my case, the chip frequently falls, since I do a lot of sport and makes the tail not get hooked well.
If anyone really knows if or if not, it would be helpful.I make sauna every Friday and the chip has made not go, or only sometimes the chip just on Friday is over.

joanmb's profile photo
joanmb
03/13/2020 6:24 p.m.

edwin ariel said:
Well I also tested with free freestyle, immediately after leaving I appeared an error that said that the sensor was very hot, after a couple of minutes I returned toTry and all good, I even did a test with a strip and the results agreed.Greetings :)

Thanks for your comments.I haven't been sauna for a long time but I feel seized and with fatal skin.Mine ends the next Wednesday so I'm leaving Spa.We will see how.

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
01/01/2022 5:29 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

I have used it in the spa and I have not had a problem, it continues to work well

nuriapal14's profile photo
nuriapal14
01/04/2022 10:15 a.m.

In the end it went well.I was barely in the 2 min sauna because I had a long time without stepping on one and was at a temperature to scald a chicken (90 degrees minimal).While the pool wet sensor was did not work but when he left he went well and did not cut the graph or anything.Thanks for sharing your experiences

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
01/06/2022 5:07 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.